Will Donald Trump run for President in 2024?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

I say he will because at the moment, based on current counts, he lost by small margins in three states that could have changed the outcome of the election. Given his force of personality and control of the Republican Party, I think he is going to run for President again in 2024 and try and avenge his defeat.

People have run from prison before, so that wouldn't be a hindrance.

Whether he'd want to or not hangs heavily on what happens in the interim when he has to answer court charges and debtors. And given the wide gap between how he did and how the rest of the Republican Party did in the same election, I don't think he's quite got "control" of anything. They have no use for him now.

Actually, if the Republicans end up winning the Senate, it will likely be because of Trump. In particular it looks like Trump's potential win in North Carolina may have saved the Republican Senate seat there.

Again, many will say Trump only lost by a combined 49,000 votes in three states, just like Hillary only lost by a combined 77,000 votes in three states in 2016. Trump just had 71,108,000+ Americans vote for him. It does not seem like his popularity has been diminished.

Completely disagree --- if they win the Senate (and/or to whatever degree they hold/held), they do so/did so in spite of Rump. The numbers plainly show that. Clearly voters exhibited a repudiation of Rump and not a repudiation of "Republicans" ---- which title Rump has never qualified for anyway.

As for the Terrible Three, Biden's margin there is already well over 200,000 and climbing. Rump's absolute number increase is the inevitable result of (a) considerably higher turnout and (b) dearth of any prominent third parties as existed in 2016. While Rump's total increased over '16, Biden's increase over Clinton is way bigger. As Colin Jost pointed out, he lost the PV in '16 by three million votes and contrived a story of "three million illegals" coming in and voting against him, which, considering he'll lose this PV by five million, means by his own logic that Rump allowed two million MORE "illegals" in to vote against him than O'bama did.

Rump is pretty much toast. He can run if he wants to, it ain't going anywhere.
Way to be unifying. Thank you.

How exactly does one "unify" the question of "will Rump run in 2024?"?
Maybe by calling him by his real name? Again, way to be unifying.

I've literally never called him by his real name. I call him by the name he earned. It's the one he wants, so I give it to him.

And again --- you don't "unify" a political analysis question. You analyze it.

I say he will because at the moment, based on current counts, he lost by small margins in three states that could have changed the outcome of the election. Given his force of personality and control of the Republican Party, I think he is going to run for President again in 2024 and try and avenge his defeat.

Whether he'd want to or not hangs heavily on what happens in the interim when he has to answer court charges and debtors. And given the wide gap between how he did and how the rest of the Republican Party did in the same election, I don't think he's quite got "control" of anything. They have no use for him now.

Actually, if the Republicans end up winning the Senate, it will likely be because of Trump. In particular it looks like Trump's potential win in North Carolina may have saved the Republican Senate seat there.

Again, many will say Trump only lost by a combined 49,000 votes in three states, just like Hillary only lost by a combined 77,000 votes in three states in 2016. Trump just had 71,108,000+ Americans vote for him. It does not seem like his popularity has been diminished.

Completely disagree --- if they win the Senate (and/or to whatever degree they hold/held), they do so/did so in spite of Rump. The numbers plainly show that. Clearly voters exhibited a repudiation of Rump and not a repudiation of "Republicans" ---- which title Rump has never qualified for anyway.

As for the Terrible Three, Biden's margin there is already well over 200,000 and climbing. Rump's absolute number increase is the inevitable result of (a) considerably higher turnout and (b) dearth of any prominent third parties as existed in 2016. While Rump's total increased over '16, Biden's increase over Clinton is way bigger. As Colin Jost pointed out, he lost the PV in '16 by three million votes and contrived a story of "three million illegals" coming in and voting against him, which, considering he'll lose this PV by five million, means by his own logic that Rump allowed two million MORE "illegals" in to vote against him than O'bama did.

I've literally never called him by his real name. I call him by the name he earned. It's the one he wants, so I give it to him.

Opinions vary. Do you want this country unified?

He hasn't lost the 2020 election yet.

It’s more a question if Republicans learned from the mistake they made in 2016.

BINGO.
As the OP cited, Teddy Roosevelt ran for POTUS in 1912 as a third party. He did that because the Republican Party denied him the nomination even after he came to the convention with the lion's share of the primary votes.

The same party could have done the same thing in 2016. It was in their power. They didn't have the stones. Now they have to live with the consequences and quite frankly they got off WAY easy.

Last edited:
It's not a given that Trump will be eligible in 2024. The 2020 election process and the challenges will not be done for WEEKS. It was insane for the news organizations to declare Biden the winner and incredible that Congressional leaders didn't stop it.

Congressional leaders have ZERO to do with any state counting its votes. And even less to do with news organizations.

As for the current status and eligibility, the OP question assumes that we know what we know.

Of course opinions vary. That's the whole point of a discussion board or debate, isn't it.

As for the offtopic question, of course we all want the country unified. That's got nothing to do with what name I give a dangerous con artist schmuck when he bubbles up. Consider it my civic duty.

"Unified" does not mean, and can not mean, "unified with Rump". Fuck him. He's the problem.

Again, the topic asks for analysis of "what will happen", specifically "what Rump will or will not do". "Unifying" doesn't even enter into that.

Of course opinions vary. That's the whole point of a discussion board or debate, isn't it.

As for the offtopic question, of course we all want the country unified. That's got nothing to do with what name I give a dangerous con artist schmuck when he bubbles up. Consider it my civic duty.

"Unified" does not mean, and can not mean, "unified with Rump". Fuck him. He's the problem.
Way to be unifying. I reiterate. Maybe after you re-read your post you ll see your double talk but I doubt it. Cannot is one word.

Way to be unifying. I reiterate. Maybe after you re-read your post you ll see your double talk but I doubt it. Cannot is one word.

Cannot is one word, can not is two. And?
If we are to get into the weeds of usage, separating the words emphasizes the negation in the same way italicizing or bolding them would. So that's entirely intentional.

For the umpteenth time, the topic asks a question about the future. You can not "unify" a question about the future. Apparently you have this strange desire to inflict value judgments upon a dry disninterested analysis.

The little fellow needs to accept reality and give up. Michael Cohen says the plan has always been to start his own TV network where he can harass the Biden administration. Cohen says that the Don will move permanently the Florida and do just that.

He might...but there are numerous crimes he is going to have to answer for first. He is already noted as a co-conspirator in a crime that Cohen went to prison for. And SDNY want him for other felonies.

THAT is the big reason he is fighting so hard to keep the cloak of protection the Presidency has. He is losing sleep at night......LOVE IT!:banana:

If we are to get into the weeds of usage, separating the words emphasizes the negation in the same way italicizing or bolding them would. So that's entirely intentional.

For the umpteenth time, the topic asks a question about the future. You can not "unify" a question about the future.
Would you like to see our country unified and not have people use pejoratives when talking about our presidents. Yes or no?

For the umpteenth time, the topic asks a question about the future. You can not "unify" a question about the future.
Would you like to see our country unified and not have people use pejoratives when talking about our presidents. Yes or no?

Okay you've been told several times and apparently your plan is to derail so BUH bye.

Okay you've been told several times and apparently your plan is to derail so BUH bye.
Thank you for proving my point.

Congressional leaders have ZERO to do with any state counting its votes
I'm not talking about counting votes. I am talking about the UNPRECEDENTED and UNCONSTITUTIONAL actions by the media to DECLARE Biden the winner.

The Constitution says absolutely Jack Friggety Squat about "the media" so that's a nonstarter.

As for "unprecedented", media has, by definition, been reporting on current events as long as there has been media, right back to scrolls and chisels, so that's inanity as well.

You might recall that "the media" declared both Bushes the winners, declared Reagan the winner, even declared Rump the winner. And don't fall on the floor but "the media" also called Nixon, Eisenhower, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, Taft, T Roosevelt, McKinley, B Harrison, Grant, Lincoln, Taylor, W Harrison, Quincy Adams, Monroe, Madison, Jefferson, J Adams and Washington the winners too, all constitutional as fuck. But somewhere in there they also called Dewey the winner. That was fun.

Last edited:
You might recall that "the media" declared both Bushes the winners, declared Reagan the winner, even declared Rump the winner
That's right the Constitution only recognizes Congress and the electoral college. The media does not officially declare the President elect. That can't happen until the election is certified. The certification can't happen when there is litigation pending and recounts and re-canvasing still to occur. That was fun.

It's not a given that Trump will be eligible in 2024. The 2020 election process and the challenges will not be done for WEEKS. It was insane for the news organizations to declare Biden the winner and incredible that Congressional leaders didn't stop it.
What’s incredible is this amount of political ignorance on a political message board.

Forum List

Back