Will Donald Trump run for President in 2024?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Donald Trump has 71,108,784 votes and counting right now. He would have won the election last Tuesday if not for 20,000 votes in Wisconsin, 20,000 votes in Arizona and 10,000 votes in Georgia. He lost those three states by razor thin margins.

If he had been defeated by large decisive margins as I would have hoped, then you could say it would be unlikely for him to run. But unfortunately it appears that did not happen given the current vote counts.

Trump has his opponents, but he also has his supporters. When 71,108,784 people vote for you despite the fact that you got impeached by the U.S. House Of Representatives, that is very impressive.
If things went the other way around you would not be saying how "impressive" Sleepy Joe's loss was. You'd be talking about a Trump mandate.

Be honest.

Edge is very anti-Trump and never once Have I seen Edge ever post anything pro-Trump...

Donald Trump has 71,108,784 votes and counting right now. He would have won the election last Tuesday if not for 20,000 votes in Wisconsin, 20,000 votes in Arizona and 10,000 votes in Georgia. He lost those three states by razor thin margins.

If he had been defeated by large decisive margins as I would have hoped, then you could say it would be unlikely for him to run. But unfortunately it appears that did not happen given the current vote counts.

Trump has his opponents, but he also has his supporters. When 71,108,784 people vote for you despite the fact that you got impeached by the U.S. House Of Representatives, that is very impressive.
If things went the other way around you would not be saying how "impressive" Sleepy Joe's loss was. You'd be talking about a Trump mandate.

Be honest.

I'm not a Trump supporter. I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. Straight Democrat in 2018. Straight Democrat in 2020. I think Donald Trump is the worst U.S. President in history by far!

But given the vote count at the moment, it does not appear to be the defeat we were hoping for where the Republican party could finally eliminate Trump and the Tea Party from its ranks. It still seems like they are in charge.

I say he will because at the moment, based on current counts, he lost by small margins in three states that could have changed the outcome of the election. Given his force of personality and control of the Republican Party, I think he is going to run for President again in 2024 and try and avenge his defeat.
No. He will be 78 and well into his retirement. You will see Nikki Haley in 2024 IMO. Maybe Tom Cotton.

He won't get the nomination. The GoP will make sure of it. He might run as an independent though.

I am thinking he start his own Media Empire and Political Party and run third party...

That would immediately fail, because it would divide voters in the Republican Party. The only way to effectively challenge a Democrat or a Republican is by using the party's political apparatus. Third Party's always fail because they divide the opposition vote. The most successful was Teddy Roosevelt's run in 1912 as head of the Progressive Party. It divided the opposition vote to Wilson and Wilson won the 1912 election.

I must say I'm surprised in a forum that was so supportive of Trump that so far 80% of you think he will not run for President in 2024.

He won't get the nomination. The GoP will make sure of it. He might run as an independent though.

I am thinking he start his own Media Empire and Political Party and run third party...

That would immediately fail, because it would divide voters in the Republican Party. The only way to effectively challenge a Democrat or a Republican is by using the party's political apparatus. Third Party's always fail because they divide the opposition vote. The most successful was Teddy Roosevelt's run in 1912 as head of the Progressive Party. It divided the opposition vote to Wilson and Wilson won the 1912 election.

That might be Trump goal... Knowing Trump and his reaction he might scorch earth the GOP...

I say he will because at the moment, based on current counts, he lost by small margins in three states that could have changed the outcome of the election. Given his force of personality and control of the Republican Party, I think he is going to run for President again in 2024 and try and avenge his defeat.

People have run from prison before, so that wouldn't be a hindrance.

Whether he'd want to or not hangs heavily on what happens in the interim when he has to answer court charges and debtors. And given the wide gap between how he did and how the rest of the Republican Party did in the same election, I don't think he's quite got "control" of anything. They have no use for him now.

Actually, if the Republicans end up winning the Senate, it will likely be because of Trump. In particular it looks like Trump's potential win in North Carolina may have saved the Republican Senate seat there.

Again, many will say Trump only lost by a combined 49,000 votes in three states, just like Hillary only lost by a combined 77,000 votes in three states in 2016. Trump just had 71,108,000+ Americans vote for him. It does not seem like his popularity has been diminished.

Completely disagree --- if they win the Senate (and/or to whatever degree they hold/held), they do so/did so in spite of Rump. The numbers plainly show that. Clearly voters exhibited a repudiation of Rump and not a repudiation of "Republicans" ---- which title Rump has never qualified for anyway.

As for the Terrible Three, Biden's margin there is already well over 200,000 and climbing. Rump's absolute number increase is the inevitable result of (a) considerably higher turnout. which means more votes for everybody, and (b) dearth of any prominent third parties to siphon votes off as existed in 2016. While Rump's total increased over '16, Biden's increase over Clinton is way bigger. As Colin Jost pointed out, he lost the PV in '16 by three million votes and contrived a story of "three million illegals" coming in and voting against him, which, considering he'll lose this PV by five million, means by his own logic that Rump allowed two million MORE "illegals" in to vote against him than O'bama did.

Rump is pretty much toast. He can run if he wants to, it ain't going anywhere. The various court proceedings between now and then are going to bury him. If he doesn't flee the country altogether.

And his petulant sulking in the present is going to chip away at whatever allure he had as well. He's looking like Richard Nixon circa early 1974 right now.

Last edited:

Whether he'd want to or not hangs heavily on what happens in the interim when he has to answer court charges and debtors. And given the wide gap between how he did and how the rest of the Republican Party did in the same election, I don't think he's quite got "control" of anything. They have no use for him now.

Actually, if the Republicans end up winning the Senate, it will likely be because of Trump. In particular it looks like Trump's potential win in North Carolina may have saved the Republican Senate seat there.

Again, many will say Trump only lost by a combined 49,000 votes in three states, just like Hillary only lost by a combined 77,000 votes in three states in 2016. Trump just had 71,108,000+ Americans vote for him. It does not seem like his popularity has been diminished.

Completely disagree --- if they win the Senate (and/or to whatever degree they hold/held), they do so/did so in spite of Rump. The numbers plainly show that. Clearly voters exhibited a repudiation of Rump and not a repudiation of "Republicans" ---- which title Rump has never qualified for anyway.

As for the Terrible Three, Biden's margin there is already well over 200,000 and climbing. Rump's absolute number increase is the inevitable result of (a) considerably higher turnout and (b) dearth of any prominent third parties as existed in 2016. While Rump's total increased over '16, Biden's increase over Clinton is way bigger. As Colin Jost pointed out, he lost the PV in '16 by three million votes and contrived a story of "three million illegals" coming in and voting against him, which, considering he'll lose this PV by five million, means by his own logic that Rump allowed two million MORE "illegals" in to vote against him than O'bama did.

Rump is pretty much toast. He can run if he wants to, it ain't going anywhere.
Way to be unifying. Thank you.

I so hope not.

We can't go through him again.

The threat of running as an independent would ensure the stealing of votes from both sides, more GOP than Dems obviously. He can also endorse politicians on both sides for senate or the House. Certain areas are very safe for those who were allies to him.

When you are viewed as a weak party that lacks fight, and you finally get a leader who fight to the end, there is no way a Romney or another career politician (I knew he USED to be in business, but you get my point), is going to beat him in a poll of GOP voters.

It’s more a question if Republicans learned from the mistake they made in 2016.

As for the Terrible Three, Biden's margin there is already well over 200,000 and climbing. Rump's absolute number increase is the inevitable result of (a) considerably higher turnout and (b) dearth of any prominent third parties as existed in 2016. While Rump's total increased over '16, Biden's increase over Clinton is way bigger. As Colin Jost pointed out, he lost the PV in '16 by three million votes and contrived a story of "three million illegals" coming in and voting against him, which, considering he'll lose this PV by five million, means by his own logic that Rump allowed two million MORE "illegals" in to vote against him than O'bama did.

How exactly does one "unify" the question of "will Rump run in 2024?"?

How exactly does one "unify" the question of "will Rump run in 2024?"?
Maybe by calling him by his real name? Again, way to be unifying.

I must say I'm surprised in a forum that was so supportive of Trump that so far 80% of you think he will not run for President in 2024.

Doesn't really have anything to do with "support" -- it's just raw analysis.

You seem to be making the leap that because Rump didn't get severely trounced he still "controls" Republicans. Considering that the electorate rejected him, singly, without rejecting Republicans in general, that doesn't follow. Again --- the party has no use for him now. He cost them the Presidency and he's got no position.

Forum List

Back