Why were Reagan, Bush I and Bush II not plagued by criminal investigations, indictments, civil suits

Why were Reagan, Bush I and Bush II not plagued by criminal investigations, indictments, civil suits after leaving office like Trump is?
BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CROOKS LIKE TRUMP.
The judiciary is more conservative now than in the 1980's and 1990's.
Trump and Trump minions whine that Trump is being wrongly persecuted and prosecuted.
NO,THE GUY IS A CROOK. It would be a crime if he was not investigated and prosecuted when the evidence warrants. Just like every other citizen.

Wrong.
They were all much worse crooks than Trump.
For example, Reagan had Oliver North arrange to have Iran NOT release the hostages until after Carter lost the election.

The difference is that Trump is a DC outsider, so did not have the usual blackmail protections that the swamp has against each other.

There is not a single crime anyone can point to that Trump committed.

Not Bush II? You've lost your fucking mind, Democrats wanted him to be removed as a war criminal. Democrats and Republicans had the same positions in Iraq, but Democrats are allowed to change their views later and Republicans aren't. W was a horrible President, but not a war criminal or your lying, racist party would have opposed him before the war, not after.

Reagan and Bush I were before this whole criminalization of politics by the racist Democrats started

Nah, democrats also supported the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they were the ones who expanded it to Libya, Syria, etc.

I mean. Reagan did violate the law by selling missiles to Iran to fund revolutionaries in Nicaragua.

So that needed to be investigated.
Reagan also had globalists in his administration. He depended on advisories.

Reagan and Bush 43 were plagued by criminal investigations

Bush 41 was relatively clean

Reagan and Bush should have been removed from office, with vast crimes beyond comprehension.
In comparison, Trump actually did nothing illegal at all, just sleazy.

Nah, democrats also supported the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they were the ones who expanded it to Libya, Syria, etc.

I'm curious why you started with "nah" since after that you agreed with me

The rubes will deny this all day long, they'll make up fantasies all day long, but no modern administrations have been as crooked as Trump's.

So far:

main-qimg-e76a46d3a326742beafd34427f7d7f6e-pjlq

Here come the denials and deflections.

Just evidence of Democrats reliance on lawfare and ignorance of the crimes of their own side.

Why were Reagan, Bush I and Bush II not plagued by criminal investigations, indictments, civil suits after leaving office like Trump is?
Trump and Trump minions whine that Trump is being wrongly persecuted and prosecuted.
NO,THE GUY IS A CROOK. It would be a crime if he was not investigated and prosecuted when the evidence warrants. Just like every other citizen.
Ummmmmmmm, they were.

If you want to prove the existence of the deep state and a oligarchical political class, this is how you do it.

The rubes will deny this all day long, they'll make up fantasies all day long, but no modern administrations have been as crooked as Trump's.

So far:

main-qimg-e76a46d3a326742beafd34427f7d7f6e-pjlq

Here come the denials and deflections.

You should link this to the OP.

Obama as well as Biden ran clean administrations

Totally wrong.
Obama ran on an anti-war campaign, and then illegally expanded wars all around, including the illegal military take over of the Ukraine.
The Burisma Holdings kickbacks were during the Obama admin.
Obama actually passed a law mandating private health insurance, which is totally criminal.

I voted for Obama, but he was a total crook.
Biden is even worse, risking WWIII.

Obama as well as Biden ran clean administrations
I disagree. There was the Mexican gun running scandal; Barry's interference with the 2016 election, of course; Barry's continuance usurpation of Article I legislative powers ("I gots me a pen, and I gots me a phone") - e.g., DACA, etc...; the IRS abuse of power targeting political opponents; Barry's continuous rim jobs to the People's Islamic Republic of Iran (giving them back the billions of dollars in cash we has taken, which could have been used instead to pay judgments against Iran related to the Beirut bombing of Marine barracks, and his taking it up the door by virtually assuring Iran will obtain nuclear weapons; he essentially gave Crimea to Putin; etc...

I could dredge up some other issues with Big B's administrashun if you like. But O's DC posse was anything by "clean". But, to be fair, I don't think any admin has been perfectly squeaky.

Totally wrong.
Obama ran on an anti-war campaign, and then illegally expanded wars all around, including the illegal military take over of the Ukraine.
The Burisma Holdings kickbacks were during the Obama admin.
Obama actually passed a law mandating private health insurance, which is totally criminal.

I voted for Obama, but he was a total crook.
Biden is even worse, risking WWIII.
The Big O was a serial killer with those drone attacks.

Wrong.
They were all much worse crooks than Trump.
For example, Reagan had Oliver North arrange to have Iran NOT release the hostages until after Carter lost the election.

The difference is that Trump is a DC outsider, so did not have the usual blackmail protections that the swamp has against each other.

There is not a single crime anyone can point to that Trump committed.

Super Kook!

You should link this to the OP.

I am far left of anyone here, but as sleazy and greedy as Trump is, he clearly was careful to NEVER violate a single law.

It is illegal to NOT investigate Burisma Holdings.
It is not illegal to want to delay certification of a vote you believe is tainted.
It is not illegal for presidents to do whatever they want with classified docs.
It is not illegal to pay hush money.

Those attempting to charge Trump are the obvious criminals.

I am far left of anyone here, but as sleazy and greedy as Trump is, he clearly was careful to NEVER violate a single law.

It is illegal to NOT investigate Burisma Holdings.
It is not illegal to want to delay certification of a vote you believe is tainted.
It is not illegal for presidents to do whatever they want with classified docs.
It is not illegal to pay hush money.

Those attempting to charge Trump are the obvious criminals.

If you can seriously say you believe Trump was more crooked than the Biden crime family, then you are just a partisan Democrat with zero brains and no ability to process information not pre-digested for you

oh some demafasict tried

but now they run the party formally known as the democrat party, so weaponization of the executive and stalinist actions are the norm now

Reagan administration was investigated by Lawrence Walsh. And it carried over to Bush 41

Forum List

Back