Zone1 Why was Jesus crucified?

you jumped to yet another, somewhat, ludicrous theory that includes the notion that
Jesus supported Roman rule----AND delivered an important sermon to jews in a
very important venue---THE MOUNT OF OLIVES-----in greek---which most jews at that
time did not understand, nor is there evidence that Jesus did. Just what ASTUTE
observation of the future of the Roman empire did Jesus mention?----but you did admit
something surprising-----JESUS WANTED DA JOOOS TO SURVIVE THE FILTH OF ROME
just as Maimonides wanted da jooos to survive the filth of islam and the roman church.
Not bad for a jellybeaner

Jesus didn't support the Romans. How asinine.

Most Jews did speak Greek. See Alexander the Great. It was the language of commerce.

Jesus began to gradually gain power and influence with crowds coming out to hear what he had to say. This brought fear among the ruling classes and so they plotted Jesus' demise. What Satan didn't realize was that this animosity toward Jesus would be used by God to bring about the salvation of all mankind. Jesus knew that his death was approaching and in the Garden of Gethsemane he prayed that there might be some way that this cup could be removed from him. Nevertheless, he submitted his will to the will of the Father and partook of the suffering, pain, and death to bring about the salvation of all mankind. Even though Satan turned many against Jesus, to his surprise, this brought about the opposite effect of what he desired. From the evil deeds of wicked men God has brought forth goodness and salvation to all mankind.

From the evil deeds of wicked men God has brought forth goodness and salvation to all mankind.

really ...

- is that a cloud event at the end of your paragraph because its sortof floating without a reference ... and no mr.1 - the crucifiers have yet to be brought to justice, continue in their ways of evil and are supported by the cheering colosium crowds to this day.

the true religion of antiquity, triumph over evil is yet an organized religion - the motivation of jesus.

really ...

- is that a cloud event at the end of your paragraph because its sortof floating without a reference ... and no mr.1 - the crucifiers have yet to be brought to justice, continue in their ways of evil and are supported by the cheering colosium crowds to this day.

the true religion of antiquity, triumph over evil is yet an organized religion - the motivation of jesus.
What is meant by my statement is probably quite clear to anyone who understands the mission of Jesus Christ. But I will explain it to you. Jesus was called and chosen before the foundation of this world to be the Savior of mankind. Jesus was to come into this world and live a perfect life. He was also to take upon himself the sins of all the world including original sin. By doing so mankind would all receive a resurrection from the dead and have the opportunity to repent of their sins so that they might receive forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Because Jesus Christ lived a sinless life he never deserved death nor did he deserve any suffering or pain. But Jesus voluntarily suffered for the sins of all the world. He did this in the Garden of Gethsemane where he bled from every pore of his body and his sweat was at it were great drops of blood. Later he suffered an excruciating death at the hands of wicked men and died for all mankind. Did Jesus deserve any of this pain, suffering and death? NO!!! He was a perfect innocent lamb of God. For his suffering and death, Jesus deserved a recompense for all that he went through unjustly. He deserved a recompense for all the suffering and to extent that he suffered. What can you give a perfectly good being who has everything already in heaven. The reason Jesus allowed himself to go through all the suffering and death was to win the right to forgive the sins of others if they would only repent and to bring about the resurrection of the dead unto all mankind. This was the just recompense from God the Father given to the Christ for all the unjust suffering and death that he went through. It was his just recompense. He was then allowed to forgive the sins of others if they would only repent of their evil ways and turn unto him. He is allowed to forgive any man who comes unto him and repents. He took upon himself all the pain and suffering for every sin that I have committed and that you, BreezeWood have committed and every soul that has stepped foot upon this earth. No ordinary mortal man could have done this. It took a perfectly good and infinite being to be able to make such a sacrifice. It took the very Son of God the Father to do it. The whole thing was brought about by wicked men who found fault in a faultless being. Jesus, outside of his perfect love for all of us, had no other motive for submitting to all the suffering and death he went through. It was all for our salvation. He is the epitome of pure love. It was not just that God allow us back into heaven upon our own merits because we have all fallen short of the glory of God. But as a just recompense for one who did no sin and suffered for the sins of all mankind, it was a just reward. Thus through Jesus, salvation can be found if we would only repent and follow him. The unbearable pain and suffering caused even Jesus to wish that there might be another way as he pleaded in the Garden that this cup might be removed from him. But he humbled himself and went through the greatest of all pain ever suffered on this entire earth. And he did it for the love of others and not for himself. So, through the acts of evil men on this earth, the crucifixion of Jesus was brought about. Thus salvation has come to all mankind if they would only humble themselves and follow the Christ. Resurrection is brought unto all mankind and we all will live immortally in a body of flesh and bones forever and ever and ever.

What is meant by my statement is probably quite clear to anyone who understands the mission of Jesus

... and no mr.1 - the crucifiers have yet to be brought to justice, continue in their ways of evil and are supported by the cheering colosseum crowds to this day.

a bit winded no.1 - much of what you describe was an inevitability as a result of the insufficiency of a single individual against an overwhelming array of interests singularly bent for a final conclusion. and worse a book written in their victims name a religion of servitude the opposite for why there was a crucifixion.

nothing claimed by christianity or the involvement of judaism and certainly the roman gov't were in the least bit ordained by the heavens - truth be told.

a bit winded no.1 - much of what you describe was an inevitability as a result of the insufficiency of a single individual against an overwhelming array of interests singularly bent for a final conclusion. and worse a book written in their victims name a religion of servitude the opposite for why there was a crucifixion.
What insufficiency are you speaking of? There was no insufficiency in the Christ. He was a perfect being who did no sin. He was exactly what was needed to bring about the law of mercy and bring the salvation of resurrection unto all. No insufficiency on his part.

John 10:17–18
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
nothing claimed by christianity or the involvement of judaism and certainly the roman gov't were in the least bit ordained by the heavens - truth be told.
God the Father called and foreordained the Christ before the foundation of this world to be a Savior.

1 Peter 1:19-22
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Jesus was crucified because he was betrayed by one of his good friends...in a world that preferred darkness instead of the light.

Jesus was crucified because he was betrayed by one of his good friends...in a world that preferred darkness instead of the light.

good post ace, what happened ...

- the only historical recording of the claim - jesus claimed to be the messiah - is that made by judas.

This is in response to the thread about why Jews reject Jesus as Messiah

Answer this question and you get your answer to the other thread.

After all, the rejection of Jesus by the Jewish leaders of the time of Jesus is why he was rejected by Jews today.
Because the religious leaders had become so corrupt all they cared about was their power. They thought the messiah would be a great warrior king to restore Israel in a worldly manner. But Jesus was praising the poor, sick, and sinners. This was not what they envisioned, even though it is written in their own scriptures that the king would heal the sick and blind and would die.

Because the religious leaders had become so corrupt all they cared about was their power. They thought the messiah would be a great warrior king to restore Israel in a worldly manner. But Jesus was praising the poor, sick, and sinners. This was not what they envisioned, even though it is written in their own scriptures that the king would heal the sick and blind and would die.
who were the "religious leaders" during the time to which you allude? can you cite your
evidence that those that YOU decided were the religious leaders "BELIEVED" as you claim?

How do you know that?

Jesus didn't support the Romans. How asinine.

Most Jews did speak Greek. See Alexander the Great. It was the language of commerce.
when and where did "most jews speak Greek"-------in Saudi arabia? Most jews spoke
Aramaic in the Levant----and also wrote in the Hebraized version of Aramaic. Only
well educated Romans and captured Greek slaves .....and Greeks and a few highly educated
christians and jews----spoke Greek

when and where did "most jews speak Greek"-------in Saudi arabia? Most jews spoke
Aramaic in the Levant----and also wrote in the Hebraized version of Aramaic. Only
well educated Romans and captured Greek slaves .....and Greeks and a few highly educated
christians and jews----spoke Greek
They spoke Greek because they were under Greek control for 300 years. The north was prosperous because of the cities of the Decapolis.

They spoke Greek because they were under Greek control for 300 years. The north was prosperous because of the cities of the Decapolis.
nope---the population of Greek (or almost Greek) speaking jews was always small
and the Greek jews used outside of Greece was a kind of Patois always including some Hebrew and other regional dialects. Some Greek got mixed into Hebrew written usage just as it
got mixed into Latin

nope---the population of Greek (or almost Greek) speaking jews was always small
and the Greek jews used outside of Greece was a kind of Patois always including some Hebrew and other regional dialects. Some Greek got mixed into Hebrew written usage just as it
got mixed into Latin
They brought economic prosperity.

They brought economic prosperity.

like a gaggle of stock brokers on Wall Street bring prosperity to Manhattan, NY.
I know their lingo like the average JUDEAN knew Greek. At that time---the Average
Judean knew NO GREEK------considerable aramaic and MOST knew at least some
Hebrew. The languages the common people USED----were used commonly----
Aramaic and Hebrew

It was politics that killed Jesus. People in power who did not want to lose that power. Sound familiar?
The Romans didn't give a fig about Jesus. He was always safe in the north and around Galilee. Herod Antipas basically ignored him.

The Romans didn't give a fig about Jesus. He was always safe in the north and around Galilee. Herod Antipas basically ignored him.
He went to Jerusalem and attacked the ROMAN CLIENT money changers in the
Temple Court Yard. The power base under threat by Jesus et al was the ROMAN
CONTROL on the Temple------the prime movers in that threat to the Roman
control were the PHARISEES. For people not "caring a fig"----they certainly
went to the considerable trouble of crucifying them BY THE THOUSANDS. Try to
cope with reality.

Forum List

Back