Why Shouldn't We Have A Myanmar Styled Coup In The US??

“It should happen,” Flynn declared of the violent, deadly military coup at a wild QAnon conference in Dallas for “patriots.”

Avowed QAnon disciple and confessed felon retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has called for a Myanmar-like military coup in America.

“It should happen,” Donald Trump’s former national security adviser said in an astonishing declaration at a QAnon conference Sunday.

Myanmar’s military violently seized control of the country from its civilian government in late January, detained democratically elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi and top party members, and killed more than 700 protesters as of early this month. The military justified its action by claiming unproven “election fraud.”

Flynn presented his dark vision of a military coup and dictatorship in the U.S. in response to a question from the audience at the conference.

″I wanna know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?” an unidentified member of the audience asked Flynn, though he pronounced the nation as “Minnimar.”

“No reason,” Flynn responded to wild screams of approval. “It should happen.”

Michael Flynn sounds like a deranged man. We are living in dangerous times. Personal safety and American democracy are both in great danger from domestic terrorists.

first off...FLYNN was railroaded by our corrupt FBI and DOJ. Lets stop pretending that he is a criminal.

Secondly, nothing Flynn said was wrong.

So, you want to commit treason then?

How do you commit treason against a corrupt government--especially one that committed election fraud? It's actually the opposite...supporting such a government is the treason....(but atlas you would have to have a moral compass to figure this out.)

Secondly, again---nothing flynn said was wrong.

Because treason is treason no matter how corrupt the government is.

And the government is corrupt, but you don't try and CHANGE how the government works.

Every time I mention Proportional Representation as the best form of voting, because the LEAST CORRUPT COUNTRIES on this planet use it (not a coincidence), I get right wingers talking about how democracy is "mob rule"

Most don't care about the corruption, they don't care about the lack of democracy. They only care when they LOSE. This is just "boo hoo, mommy, I lost, make him give it me back" bull.

Bullshit. It’s more of democrats don’t care about rules and laws as long as they WIN.
That’s why they’re not at all curious about the obvious anomalies in the election.

I get the feeling it doesn't matter what I say, you'll attack democrats and defend republicans no matter what.

Do you support Proportional Representation?

I don’t support republicans, per se.
The democrat party has been hijacked by marxists for decades. It’s now reached critical mass. They are an enemy of the US. Republicans, at least as a matter of policy, do not support the overthrow of the US by Marxism.
Proportional representation is moot with marxists having undermined the election process.

The Democrat Party and the Republican Party are TOO BIG.

The reality is the US should have at least 6 political parties. Same in the UK. The Labour Party has Marxists, the Tories have fascists.

Proportional Representation would actually allow for proper parties that actually represent SOMETHING.

we have proportional representation in the house and most lower chambers in state Govt.

It’s proportional to the population

what you are advocating is doing away with the two party system. Which is unlikely due to the years we have had it. With that said other parties can form and run.

The advantage of the two party system is that it forces the people to compromise of each wing of the parties.

Oh my word.

No, you don't. Proportional Representation is a type of voting system. And the US doesn't have it, almost anywhere, or anywhere at all as far as I know.

There's no advantage to the two party system. It's destroying the US. (well, I guess if you want to see the US destroyed, it's an advantage)

“It should happen,” Flynn declared of the violent, deadly military coup at a wild QAnon conference in Dallas for “patriots.”

Avowed QAnon disciple and confessed felon retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has called for a Myanmar-like military coup in America.

“It should happen,” Donald Trump’s former national security adviser said in an astonishing declaration at a QAnon conference Sunday.

Myanmar’s military violently seized control of the country from its civilian government in late January, detained democratically elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi and top party members, and killed more than 700 protesters as of early this month. The military justified its action by claiming unproven “election fraud.”

Flynn presented his dark vision of a military coup and dictatorship in the U.S. in response to a question from the audience at the conference.

″I wanna know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?” an unidentified member of the audience asked Flynn, though he pronounced the nation as “Minnimar.”

Michael Flynn sounds like a deranged man. We are living in dangerous times. Personal safety and American democracy are both in great danger from domestic terrorists.

first off...FLYNN was railroaded by our corrupt FBI and DOJ. Lets stop pretending that he is a criminal.

How do you commit treason against a corrupt government--especially one that committed election fraud? It's actually the opposite...supporting such a government is the treason....(but atlas you would have to have a moral compass to figure this out.)

And the government is corrupt, but you don't try and CHANGE how the government works.

Every time I mention Proportional Representation as the best form of voting, because the LEAST CORRUPT COUNTRIES on this planet use it (not a coincidence), I get right wingers talking about how democracy is "mob rule"

Most don't care about the corruption, they don't care about the lack of democracy. They only care when they LOSE. This is just "boo hoo, mommy, I lost, make him give it me back" bull.

Bullshit. It’s more of democrats don’t care about rules and laws as long as they WIN.
That’s why they’re not at all curious about the obvious anomalies in the election.

I get the feeling it doesn't matter what I say, you'll attack democrats and defend republicans no matter what.

The democrat party has been hijacked by marxists for decades. It’s now reached critical mass. They are an enemy of the US. Republicans, at least as a matter of policy, do not support the overthrow of the US by Marxism.
Proportional representation is moot with marxists having undermined the election process.

The reality is the US should have at least 6 political parties. Same in the UK. The Labour Party has Marxists, the Tories have fascists.

Proportional Representation would actually allow for proper parties that actually represent SOMETHING.

we have proportional representation in the house and most lower chambers in state Govt.

what you are advocating is doing away with the two party system. Which is unlikely due to the years we have had it. With that said other parties can form and run.

The advantage of the two party system is that it forces the people to compromise of each wing of the parties.

Oh my word.

No, you don't. Proportional Representation is a type of voting system. And the US doesn't have it, almost anywhere, or anywhere at all as far as I know.

There's no advantage to the two party system. It's destroying the US. (well, I guess if you want to see the US destroyed, it's an advantage)

proportional based on population...sure we do

not sure it’s destroying the US...v who?

i just explained the advantage

other nations do the same thing, the numerous parties must compromise and form a govt...we just do it at the primary level v after taking office

If the voting fraud is conclusively proven then strong measures need to be taken to redress and assure future elections are above suspicion. The military should be called upon only if fraud is proven and the perpetrators seek to maintain the fraud.

Why do you hate our democracy?

If fraud is proven, whose vote should count??

Election fraud is lie. Why do you want to destroy our country over a lie?

I would like to see a full audit of the vote. Given that you believe that all was fair and above board you should welcome confirmation of your opinion.

It's already been done, several times over. Trump lost.

If the voting fraud is conclusively proven then strong measures need to be taken to redress and assure future elections are above suspicion. The military should be called upon only if fraud is proven and the perpetrators seek to maintain the fraud.

Why do you hate our democracy?

If fraud is proven, whose vote should count??

Election fraud is lie. Why do you want to destroy our country over a lie?

I would like to see a full audit of the vote. Given that you believe that all was fair and above board you should welcome confirmation of your opinion.

It's already been done, several times over. Trump lost.

Who cares if Trump lost. With the questions raised regarding possible irregularities I would like to see full audits (not recounts) in order to put these doubts to rest.

You need to prove your identity for so many reasons: to cash a check, deal with most government institutions including the IRS (which affects everybody), get a job, buy alcohol or cigarettes, go to a hospital, and so many other reasons that affect all our lives.
So what? Red herring.
The claim that requiring ID to vote is an unnecessary and restrictive burden on voters is pure bullshit.
False. And stop complaining to me... go complain to the people writing and pushing these laws, who are doing it only for that exact reason.

You can show no significant in-person voting fraud that would necessitate these laws. So, we don't need them anyway.

You know, you aren't fooling anyone. I know you aren't pushing these laws to "secure elections". Do you think ANYONE buys that act?

Much of the world requires identification of its citizens in order to vote.

Why are you so racist and feel that Blacks are too stupid and unable to get an ID? The fact is they aren't and the vast majority already have ID.

You are a clown.

Fact is you lost by 7 million votes and your party has been rejected in 7 of the last 8 presidential elections. Trump`s AG and head of Homeland Security said the election was as honest as it can be. Why do you want to harass poor people? Do you think that all of Trump`s trailer trash have IDs? Be careful what you wish for.

I couldn't care less about Trump and didn't vote for him, although I love many of his policies.

Quick questions. Are the poor too stupid to get an ID??? And why does most of the world (including poor countries) require voters to show identification in order to vote??

Quick questions: Why would someone risk jail, fines and possible deportation just to vote? How would voter ID stop this man from trying to obtain a ballot for his long dead mother?

Start by answering my questions and then I'll be only too happy to answer yours.

Other countries may have instituted voter ID because they have a history of crooked dictators stealing the presidency.
If and when it becomes a problem here we`ll deal with it. Meanwhile, you just want to fuck with poor people for some bizarre reason. I wouldn`t be surprised to learn that most of them don`t vote at all. Voter fraud is a non issue here.

Thank you for your answer but it is wrong. The fact that all 47 European countries require identification to vote (UK just passed a voter ID law) as well as Japan and New Zealand, etc. and most have no apparent history of dictators stealing elections. Sweden, Norway and Finland don't seem to have that history. Holland, Belgium, and France don't have that history either. Japan, New Zealand and others don't have it either. So sorry, voter ID laws have nothing to do with dictators.

You asked: Why would someone risk jail, fines and possible deportation just to vote? Put aside the issue of illegal aliens voting and simply look at Americans willing to go to extreme lengths to support a political party or if elected, to accept bribes and commit fraud:

Why not create an easily verifiable means to protect voting integrity?

As for the poor, so many other activities require them to show identification. Are those other activities also "fucking with the poor"?

Yes, put aside the issue of illegal aliens voting because Trump`s Voter Fraud commission failed to find any and the Commission folded. Do you really think that illegals are walking hundreds of miles in the desert to come here and vote?

I never brought up the issue of illegal aliens voting and don't care. What I do believe is that illegal aliens don't belong here. They need to return to their country and apply for the right to reside in the U.S. . There are millions of people who have applied to come here and are waiting in their country for an answer. That is the only way immigration should be allowed.

For now it is as simple as the democrat party representing communism and the Republican Party essentially representing Americans. Pretty clear choice.

Much of the world requires identification of its citizens in order to vote.
Neato! But what we are talking about is NEW laws. And these new laws are only being pushed to reduce turnout, as part of a larger effort to reduce turnout. You know this. You know that i know you are putting on a silly little act. Yet you persist.

With the questions raised regarding possible irregularities I would like to see full audits (not recounts) in order to put these doubts to rest.
How fucking stupid. The questions are dishonest rhetoric meant to fool gullible right wingers. Does this not embarrass you? That you are fooled by such an obviously stupid campaign of fraud?

Probably 75% of Trump Humpers (90% in this shitpit) would LOVE a coup if it meant that they win

Two parties are inevitable in a government such as ours, that hands the keys to the kingdom over to the 50%+1. We used to have regional parties, but that went away with the Industrial Revolution.

Oh my word.

other nations do the same thing, the numerous parties must compromise and form a govt...we just do it at the primary level v after taking office

I'm not having such a ridiculous conversation.

For now it is as simple as the democrat party representing communism and the Republican Party essentially representing Americans. Pretty clear choice.

If this is what you see, then you desperately need to buy glasses.

It really astonishes me that people can have such ridiculous thoughts running wild through their heads.

Two parties are inevitable in a government such as ours, that hands the keys to the kingdom over to the 50%+1. We used to have regional parties, but that went away with the Industrial Revolution.

Hence the reason why such a system should be changed.

Oh my word.

par for the course for close minded folks

It really astonishes me that people can have such ridiculous thoughts running wild through their heads.

Don’t need glasses to see the elephant in the room. You’re in denial.

flynn is a liar and should have his pension taken away.

Oh my word.

I'm not sure why you're beating yourself up about being closed minded.

But seriously, if you're going to come here TWICE and tell me the US has Proportional Representation, that's ridiculous. It's simply not true. I'm not here to teach you like a toddler. If you can't understand basic things, the conversation is dead. I don't need to have conversations with people who don't get basics.

Don’t need glasses to see the elephant in the room. You’re in denial.

I'm not a democrat or a republican. I hate both parties. I've also met real communists. If you think the democrats are communists, you don't know communists.
Saying that, there are communists in the democrat party, but there are also fascists in the Republican party.

This is why Proportional Representation is the way forwards, so the communists can have a communist party, the fascists can have a fascist party, the centrists can have a center party.

Ok...

The military gets involved...then what? Another election immediately then, right?

You DO realize that the entire election would have to be thrown out if this isn't just going to be a power grab by a sore loser amorphous blob....every seated Senator who was elected, every seated house member, every governor, state legislator, councilman...every measure that was passed will have to be re-done....nationwide. What about all of those elections? Who becomes the Rep. from (just to pick a seat), the CO-2nd District?

I support rectifying a wrong if proven. Although I greatly appreciate many of Trump's policies I do not believe justice would be served or faith in our system be restored simply by returning Trump to office. I believe that another election would be warranted and if deemed appropriate at all levels of government. Elections could be staggered so as to allow the choice of candidates so as not to fully deplete the government.

Again, if fraud is proven our goal must be to restore faith in the system. If we fail to do that we are finished as a country.

Yeah, that's called a coup d'é·tat

Throwing out illegitimate politicians that used fraud to reach office is a coup d'etat?? You are fking funny.

Using the military to install a person as the leader is....

The only people who don't have faith in our system are the cult members. I urge all of them to embrace it fully and refrain from voting in all elections going forward.

Blind faith in any government is rarely rewarded. It would benefit all of us to be a bit more skeptical of whose interests government is pursuing.

Faith, put simply, is the belief in something without evidence.

Where is the evidence of serious amounts of voter fraud?
Where are the arrests?
All 50 states certified their elections.
Every re-count revealed zero massive voter fraud.
These partisan audits are going nowhere and proving nothing.

If you don't have faith in the system..by all means..don't vote. But you can't honestly say that your skepticism is based on evidence. You have none. Zero.

So you shouldn't have any problem with full audits of the vote. You have faith and I prefer verification with a full audit.

How many recounts and full audits? I think Trump should pay for them..

One full audit for each State. We're pissing away money now with Biden's $6 trillion dollar budget, so we got it covered.

Trump should be paying for all these recounts and audits. We've been at it six months so far and there is still nothing but his senile lies.

I wish I could decide what we pay for with our tax dollars. I would cancel 90% of the spending in Biden's $6 trillion dollar budget. I guess we'll both have to be unhappy about the spending.

Well that would make you the most incompetent leader in modern history, likely resulting in your immediate impeachment and immediate exile from any future public office.

Sadly there is no line item veto available to a president and that is a mistake that needs to be corrected.

It highlights the absolute weakness of our 230+ year old business plan. It's a joke that we still live by the Constitution that clearly isn't built to compete in this day and age.

I disagree. We need to return to State rights with a limited Federal government. Spending decisions made at a State level give citizens much greater control and influence on how money is spent.

And that would be a ticket to resembling a third world nation.

Switzerland is a third world nation??? Too fking funny.

Yeah...Switzerland....that world power.

Too fking funny.

Small country with four official languages, ranked 18th in the world by GDP and 8th in the world based on per capita GDP. Switzerland has what is often referred to as the best system system of direct democracy in the world.

Did you know that Switzerland also has a "no-bailout policy"?? - the Federal government cannot bail-out the Cantons and the Cantons cannot bail-out local governments which makes their politicians far more responsible than ours.

"One of the world's wealthiest countries; strong economy with low corporate tax rates; political neutrality; diverse cultural makeup; high number of Nobel Prize winners and registered patents"

Switzerland is ranked number one, two or three worldwide in the following categories:
  • level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • best overall country and quality of life
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Are you worried that a similar system with non-whites wouldn't work?

My interest is that it exemplifies the very best in what a return to States rights could mean for our country. It wouldn't change things overnight but it would put us back in control of our country and our spending. Additionally, I also think Switzerland's no-bailout policy would require us to make better decisions and become better informed in our decision-making process.

See Africa and get back to me in a few thousand years.

Why the fck bring up Africa? My only concern is the U.S. and our Constitution.

That's been the problem for a long time.
America has the self appointed role of the world's policeman but now China changing that.
If we could have been less aggressive with power plays, like trump with Chinese tariffs, the world would be more acceptable to us.

Too much emphasis is placed on a 250 year old constitution. There are very few parts still relevant today. Take the 2nd amendment, it wasn't designed to be as it is with gun saturation. Having a gun is one thing but mass slaughter was never envisaged in the constitution.

Every American should be concerned about the break up of the UNITED states.
Each and every state are virtually nothing if that happens. There is currently no unity along national lines. Too much hatred and bile about internal affairs.

Oh my word.

I'm not sure why you're beating yourself up about being closed minded.

But seriously, if you're going to come here TWICE and tell me the US has Proportional Representation, that's ridiculous. It's simply not true. I'm not here to teach you like a toddler. If you can't understand basic things, the conversation is dead. I don't need to have conversations with people who don't get basics.

all i have said is that are representation in the house and lower chambers in most states is based proportortarity on the population. Feel free to read Art 1 of the US Constitution.

Forum List

Back