Why Shouldn't We Have A Myanmar Styled Coup In The US??

If the voting fraud is conclusively proven then strong measures need to be taken to redress and assure future elections are above suspicion. The military should be called upon only if fraud is proven and the perpetrators seek to maintain the fraud.

Ok...

The military gets involved...then what? Another election immediately then, right?

You DO realize that the entire election would have to be thrown out if this isn't just going to be a power grab by a sore loser amorphous blob....every seated Senator who was elected, every seated house member, every governor, state legislator, councilman...every measure that was passed will have to be re-done....nationwide. What about all of those elections? Who becomes the Rep. from (just to pick a seat), the CO-2nd District?

I support rectifying a wrong if proven. Although I greatly appreciate many of Trump's policies I do not believe justice would be served or faith in our system be restored simply by returning Trump to office. I believe that another election would be warranted and if deemed appropriate at all levels of government. Elections could be staggered so as to allow the choice of candidates so as not to fully deplete the government.

Again, if fraud is proven our goal must be to restore faith in the system. If we fail to do that we are finished as a country.

Yeah, that's called a coup d'é·tat

Throwing out illegitimate politicians that used fraud to reach office is a coup d'etat?? You are fking funny.

Using the military to install a person as the leader is....

The only people who don't have faith in our system are the cult members. I urge all of them to embrace it fully and refrain from voting in all elections going forward.

Blind faith in any government is rarely rewarded. It would benefit all of us to be a bit more skeptical of whose interests government is pursuing.

Faith, put simply, is the belief in something without evidence.

Where is the evidence of serious amounts of voter fraud?
Where are the arrests?
All 50 states certified their elections.
Every re-count revealed zero massive voter fraud.
These partisan audits are going nowhere and proving nothing.

If you don't have faith in the system..by all means..don't vote. But you can't honestly say that your skepticism is based on evidence. You have none. Zero.

So you shouldn't have any problem with full audits of the vote. You have faith and I prefer verification with a full audit.

How many recounts and full audits? I think Trump should pay for them..

One full audit for each State. We're pissing away money now with Biden's $6 trillion dollar budget, so we got it covered.

Trump should be paying for all these recounts and audits. We've been at it six months so far and there is still nothing but his senile lies.

I wish I could decide what we pay for with our tax dollars. I would cancel 90% of the spending in Biden's $6 trillion dollar budget. I guess we'll both have to be unhappy about the spending.

Well that would make you the most incompetent leader in modern history, likely resulting in your immediate impeachment and immediate exile from any future public office.

Sadly there is no line item veto available to a president and that is a mistake that needs to be corrected.

It highlights the absolute weakness of our 230+ year old business plan. It's a joke that we still live by the Constitution that clearly isn't built to compete in this day and age.

I disagree. We need to return to State rights with a limited Federal government. Spending decisions made at a State level give citizens much greater control and influence on how money is spent.

And that would be a ticket to resembling a third world nation.

Switzerland is a third world nation??? Too fking funny.

Yeah...Switzerland....that world power.

Too fking funny.

Small country with four official languages, ranked 18th in the world by GDP and 8th in the world based on per capita GDP. Switzerland has what is often referred to as the best system system of direct democracy in the world.

Did you know that Switzerland also has a "no-bailout policy"?? - the Federal government cannot bail-out the Cantons and the Cantons cannot bail-out local governments which makes their politicians far more responsible than ours.

"One of the world's wealthiest countries; strong economy with low corporate tax rates; political neutrality; diverse cultural makeup; high number of Nobel Prize winners and registered patents"

Switzerland is ranked number one, two or three worldwide in the following categories:
  • level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • best overall country and quality of life
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Are you worried that a similar system with non-whites wouldn't work?

My interest is that it exemplifies the very best in what a return to States rights could mean for our country. It wouldn't change things overnight but it would put us back in control of our country and our spending. Additionally, I also think Switzerland's no-bailout policy would require us to make better decisions and become better informed in our decision-making process.

See Africa and get back to me in a few thousand years.
Have you seen Africa? Millions of tourists have.
As Indeependent mentions, Africa is pretty large. Some countries have a decent standard of living (like Ghana), while others are pretty terrible (like Somalia).

Switzerland has the advantage of being mostly homogeneous in culture. Being mostly white probably helps too, although homogeneous East Asian countries are often nice as well (like Japan).

Diverse nations have challenges that homogeneous countries don't. That being said, America should probably break up into multiple countries eventually.

Break up? That's not a good idea.

Why would I follow the words of a convicted & jailed felon? who is only out of jail because of a pardon?

If the voting fraud is conclusively proven then strong measures need to be taken to redress and assure future elections are above suspicion. The military should be called upon only if fraud is proven and the perpetrators seek to maintain the fraud.

Ok...

The military gets involved...then what? Another election immediately then, right?

You DO realize that the entire election would have to be thrown out if this isn't just going to be a power grab by a sore loser amorphous blob....every seated Senator who was elected, every seated house member, every governor, state legislator, councilman...every measure that was passed will have to be re-done....nationwide. What about all of those elections? Who becomes the Rep. from (just to pick a seat), the CO-2nd District?

I support rectifying a wrong if proven. Although I greatly appreciate many of Trump's policies I do not believe justice would be served or faith in our system be restored simply by returning Trump to office. I believe that another election would be warranted and if deemed appropriate at all levels of government. Elections could be staggered so as to allow the choice of candidates so as not to fully deplete the government.

Again, if fraud is proven our goal must be to restore faith in the system. If we fail to do that we are finished as a country.

Throwing out illegitimate politicians that used fraud to reach office is a coup d'etat?? You are fking funny.

The only people who don't have faith in our system are the cult members. I urge all of them to embrace it fully and refrain from voting in all elections going forward.

Blind faith in any government is rarely rewarded. It would benefit all of us to be a bit more skeptical of whose interests government is pursuing.

Where are the arrests?

If you don't have faith in the system..by all means..don't vote. But you can't honestly say that your skepticism is based on evidence. You have none. Zero.

So you shouldn't have any problem with full audits of the vote. You have faith and I prefer verification with a full audit.

One full audit for each State. We're pissing away money now with Biden's $6 trillion dollar budget, so we got it covered.

Trump should be paying for all these recounts and audits. We've been at it six months so far and there is still nothing but his senile lies.

I wish I could decide what we pay for with our tax dollars. I would cancel 90% of the spending in Biden's $6 trillion dollar budget. I guess we'll both have to be unhappy about the spending.

Well that would make you the most incompetent leader in modern history, likely resulting in your immediate impeachment and immediate exile from any future public office.

Sadly there is no line item veto available to a president and that is a mistake that needs to be corrected.

It highlights the absolute weakness of our 230+ year old business plan. It's a joke that we still live by the Constitution that clearly isn't built to compete in this day and age.

I disagree. We need to return to State rights with a limited Federal government. Spending decisions made at a State level give citizens much greater control and influence on how money is spent.

Too fking funny.

Small country with four official languages, ranked 18th in the world by GDP and 8th in the world based on per capita GDP. Switzerland has what is often referred to as the best system system of direct democracy in the world.

Did you know that Switzerland also has a "no-bailout policy"?? - the Federal government cannot bail-out the Cantons and the Cantons cannot bail-out local governments which makes their politicians far more responsible than ours.

"One of the world's wealthiest countries; strong economy with low corporate tax rates; political neutrality; diverse cultural makeup; high number of Nobel Prize winners and registered patents"

Switzerland is ranked number one, two or three worldwide in the following categories:
  • level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

My interest is that it exemplifies the very best in what a return to States rights could mean for our country. It wouldn't change things overnight but it would put us back in control of our country and our spending. Additionally, I also think Switzerland's no-bailout policy would require us to make better decisions and become better informed in our decision-making process.

As Indeependent mentions, Africa is pretty large. Some countries have a decent standard of living (like Ghana), while others are pretty terrible (like Somalia).

Switzerland has the advantage of being mostly homogeneous in culture. Being mostly white probably helps too, although homogeneous East Asian countries are often nice as well (like Japan).

Diverse nations have challenges that homogeneous countries don't. That being said, America should probably break up into multiple countries eventually.

Break up? That's not a good idea.
At this point, the US is a lot like the EU. The EU is plagued by trying to make a lot of culturally different nations conform to the same values and policies. This was annoying enough to the UK that they left. In the US, it's similar. Every time a new administration enters office, it involves an agenda that about half of the country doesn't like. It's why keeping us together is becoming less practical.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

It`s time to face the reality that the 50 states make one country experiment is a failure.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

It`s time to face the reality that the 50 states make one country experiment is a failure.

Because of Trump? He won't even register as a blip in the historical record. Nationalism is dangerous stuff..

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

More or less. It was a feasible idea when we had a much lower population and when we covered a lot less territory.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Because of Trump? He won't even register as a blip in the historical record. Nationalism is dangerous stuff..
Nationalism is not a bad thing. It's been a good thing for a lot of countries, like Japan and Poland. And progressives always seem to attack it when it involves a white majority country, yet they are silent about it when it involves non-whites.

I don't see people attacking India over its nationalism, for example. Most African nations are nationalist. Most South American countries are as well. No one's attacking Mexico over their nationalism.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

We wouldn`t be in the war business if we were a much smaller country. Being a Superpower is way over rated.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

We wouldn`t be in the war business if we were a much smaller country. Being a Superpower is way over rated.
Yes and no. By itself, Texas has the same size economy as France. It would have the resources to be a major military power like France is. So, it wouldn't be a superpower, but it would have considerable power overall.

So, being a superpower is overrated, but being a major player still has advantages. Being on the same level as France, you'd be less involved in war but still be more than powerful enough to defend yourself.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Nationalism is not a bad thing. It's been a good thing for a lot of countries, like Japan and Poland. And progressives always seem to attack it when it involves a white majority country, yet they are silent about it when it involves non-whites.

I don't see people attacking India over its nationalism, for example. Most African nations are nationalist. Most South American countries are as well. No one's attacking Mexico over their nationalism.

Nationalism is always aggressive and racist. Its very different than patriotism.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Nationalism is always aggressive and racist. Its very different than patriotism.
If that's the case, what about Saudi Arabia's nationalism? You often defend that country, so what's your assessment of their nationalism?

And Japan is very nationalist but hasn't been in a war since the 50s.

The West might shun nationalism among white majority countries, but nationalism is more commonly the norm in the world outside of the West, for good reason. Most countries are ethnically based, so values in these countries reflect that. It does make life a little harder on minorities, but that's the nature of living in a society. If you aren't the majority, you have to expect a certain amount of prejudice. That's simply human nature.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Why the fck bring up Africa? My only concern is the U.S. and our Constitution.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Switzerland is made up of different cultures. The French speaking side doesn't like the German side and the German side says the the French speakers are lazy and each region has very significant differences with the others. Many Swiss can't even speak to one another because outside of High School language requirements many have no interest in speaking with other parts of the country. So no, Switzerland is not a homogeneous nation.

What binds the Swiss is that each Canton and local government has its own taxes and establishes its own budget. Each locality is free to set its official language for the administration of its locality. School rules and curriculum are also set by the administration in which the school is located. The Swiss are not the same nor do they want to be the same and their strength is that each locality is free to set a different path.

The citizens decide their direction and have a say in how money is spent. The only thing that the Swiss have in common is that they are adults and refuse to have their politicians treat them like ignorant children.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Switzerland is made up of different cultures. The French speaking side doesn't like the German side and the German side says the the French speakers are lazy and each region has very significant differences with the others. Many Swiss can't even speak to one another because outside of High School language requirements many have no interest in speaking with other parts of the country. So no, Switzerland is not a homogeneous nation.

What binds the Swiss is that each Canton and local government has its own taxes and establishes its own budget. Each locality is free to set its official language for the administration of its locality. School rules and curriculum are also set by the administration in which the school is located. The Swiss are not the same nor do they want to be the same and their strength is that each locality is free to set a different path.

The citizens decide their direction and have a say in how money is spent. The only thing that the Swiss have in common is that they are adults and refuse to have their politicians treat them like ignorant children.

True, but that level of diversity is nothing like the diversity here. Most Americans speak the same language, but clearly, there are significant differences in values between different ethnicities here.

The value differences between French and Germans aren't that great. So, compared to the US, Switzerland is homogeneous.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

True, but that level of diversity is nothing like the diversity here. Most Americans speak the same language, but clearly, there are significant differences in values between different ethnicities here.

The value differences between French and Germans aren't that great. So, compared to the US, Switzerland is homogeneous.

Your original statement is that Switzerland is a homogeneous country. It is not. If you now want to say that it is comparatively homogeneous if compared to the U.S. based on what points:

The Swiss have more than four official languages for general administration and daily business but some localities also include local dialects. In the U.S. we have only one for the most part.

In Switzerland every Canton and locality sets its own holidays and decides when the administration and businesses close (often celebrating events that other Swiss ignore). In the U.S. we all get the same holidays and government and business shut down nationwide.

A short list of differences based on different beliefs regarding cultural and values in Switzerland:
  • Four official languages and many more dialects spoken and used for administrative purposes in Switzerland
  • Different Cantons have very different cultures and have to great love for one another
  • Each locality is free to teach what it values in their schools and education throughout Switzerland can be very different
  • Each Canton and locality sets its own administrative rules
  • Food differs greatly throughout Switzerland
  • and I could add more
The fact is that Switzerland is not homogeneous (made up of the same kind of people or things). Quite the contrary. I would in fact argue that Switzerland is far less homogeneous than the U.S..

What makes Switzerland work well as a nation is that they have real political and budgetary power at the local level of their government. They in fact practice what our Constitution wanted for Americans - States rights.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

Your original statement is that Switzerland is a homogeneous country. It is not. If you now want to say that it is comparatively homogeneous if compared to the U.S. based on what points:

The Swiss have more than four official languages for general administration and daily business but some localities also include local dialects. In the U.S. we have only one for the most part.

In Switzerland every Canton and locality sets its own holidays and decides when the administration and businesses close (often celebrating events that other Swiss ignore). In the U.S. we all get the same holidays and government and business shut down nationwide.

A short list of differences based on different beliefs regarding cultural and values in Switzerland:
  • Four official languages and many more dialects spoken and used for administrative purposes in Switzerland
  • Different Cantons have very different cultures and have to great love for one another
  • Each locality is free to teach what it values in their schools and education throughout Switzerland can be very different
  • and I could add more
The fact is that Switzerland is not homogeneous (made up of the same kind of people or things). Quite the contrary. I would in fact argue that Switzerland is far less homogeneous than the U.S..

What makes Switzerland work well as a nation is that they have real political and budgetary power at the local level of their government. They in fact practice what our Constitution wanted for Americans - States rights.

Would you say each group in Switzerland is more culturally divided by region? In other words, the French tend to be in one area, the Germans in another, and so on?

The distribution of different cultures in America is very mixed. That makes administration of various policies difficult oftentimes.

Ok...

Where are the arrests?

Too fking funny.

• level of development
  • innovation
  • healthcare
  • environment
  • cleanliness

How many non-Whites?

• and I could add more

Would you say each group in Switzerland is more culturally divided by region? In other words, the French tend to be in one area, the Germans in another, and so on?

The distribution of different cultures in America is very mixed. That makes administration of various policies difficult oftentimes.

Given that the Swiss are often unable to speak to one another due to the many different languages spoken, they do tend to create enclaves geographically. But you knew this.

Sharing a language and living with others that speak your language is not enough to create a locality whose views are uniform (homogeneous). Referendums abound throughout Switzerland on issues like budget and spending. Looking at voting results will show that many issues demonstrate citizens in the same locality are frequently voting against one another. The majority determines what actions will be taken and not everyone is happy.

That Switzerland has a no-bailout policy for Cantons and local governments usually means that Swiss voters have done some research before voting and demand transparency and accountability of their politicians.

Something that we should do here.

“It should happen,” Flynn declared of the violent, deadly military coup at a wild QAnon conference in Dallas for “patriots.”

Avowed QAnon disciple and confessed felon retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has called for a Myanmar-like military coup in America.

“It should happen,” Donald Trump’s former national security adviser said in an astonishing declaration at a QAnon conference Sunday.

Myanmar’s military violently seized control of the country from its civilian government in late January, detained democratically elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi and top party members, and killed more than 700 protesters as of early this month. The military justified its action by claiming unproven “election fraud.”

Flynn presented his dark vision of a military coup and dictatorship in the U.S. in response to a question from the audience at the conference.

″I wanna know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here?” an unidentified member of the audience asked Flynn, though he pronounced the nation as “Minnimar.”

“No reason,” Flynn responded to wild screams of approval. “It should happen.”

Michael Flynn sounds like a deranged man. We are living in dangerous times. Personal safety and American democracy are both in great danger from domestic terrorists.

Happy Memorial Day!

Why do you disagree with him?

What reason should a coup like that happen here?

Given that the Swiss are often unable to speak to one another due to the many different languages spoken, they do tend to create enclaves geographically. But you knew this.

Sharing a language and living with others that speak your language is not enough to create a locality whose views are uniform (homogeneous). Referendums abound throughout Switzerland on issues like budget and spending. Looking at voting results will show that many issues demonstrate citizens in the same locality are frequently voting against one another. The majority determines what actions will be taken and not everyone is happy.

That Switzerland has a no-bailout policy for Cantons and local governments usually means that Swiss voters have done some research before voting and demand transparency and accountability of their politicians.

I can agree with that, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. I think splitting the country into multiple parts has a greater chance than having average voters actually research issues thoroughly.

I can agree with that, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. I think splitting the country into multiple parts has a greater chance than having average voters actually research issues thoroughly.

Our declining education system hasn't helped us in enabling our citizens to do the research needed but I'm afraid that dividing our country only adds to our woes.

Forum List

Back