This should be a day in which we prevent men and women from dying for nothing

Pkultra

Rookie
May 30, 2021
Don't get me wrong, I respect those that serve and especially those that have fallen. But 6000+ dead in two places that are worse off than before we got there pisses me off. No respect for the people that decide who and why our brave servicemen and women fight....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210531-093758.png
    Screenshot_20210531-093758.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 20
Don't get me wrong, I respect those that serve and especially those that have fallen. But 6000+ dead in two places that are worse off than before we got there pisses me off. No respect for the people that decide who and why our brave servicemen and women fight....
.....people die in wars---plain and simple--that's what humans do ....when terrorists kill MORE people than died at Pearl Harbor, it's justifiable to defend ourselves

.....people die in wars---plain and simple--that's what humans do ....when terrorists kill MORE people than died at Pearl Harbor, it's justifiable to defend ourselves
Agreed.
But Iraq didn't have anything to do with 911...

George Bush, the GOP, and Fox News got us into Iraq. Going into Iraq, then took resources away from Afghanistan, turning it into another Bush, GOP fuck up.

The reality is this:
Going to war in Iraq was one of the worst decisions in US history. It was a decision AND plan that was created by the GOP, it was pushed by Fox News and the GOP, and every single republican in America supported war in Iraq.
In 2002-2004 No republicans opposed Iraq at all. Now all the sheep act like they were opposed to Iraq, which is a total lie.

All Republicans and Trumpers suppoprted the War in Iraq. Just another example of the failure and failed leadership from the GOP.

Agreed.

George Bush, the GOP, and Fox News got us into Iraq. Going into Iraq, then took resources away from Afghanistan, turning it into another Bush, GOP fuck up.

The reality is this:
Going to war in Iraq was one of the worst decisions in US history. It was a decision AND plan that was created by the GOP, it was pushed by Fox News and the GOP, and every single republican in America supported war in Iraq.
In 2002-2004 No republicans opposed Iraq at all. Now all the sheep act like they were opposed to Iraq, which is a total lie.

All Republicans and Trumpers suppoprted the War in Iraq. Just another example of the failure and failed leadership from the GOP.
1. saddam violated the cease fire -like hitler did
2. saddam gassed his own people--like hitler did
3. saddam started TWO wars, hitler one
4. saddam was more of a threat to the US - it is a world economy- unlike in 1941
5. well known terrorists were found in Iraq
etc
just another example of the failure and failed leadership from the Dems.

Trump was keeping us out of wars
Trump diminished our place in the world to the point we would still have difficulty forming a coalition to fight anyone. That's not pacifism, it's doing the work of our adversaries.
Biden is diminishing our place in the world to the point we would still have difficulty forming a coalition to fight anyone. That's not pacifism, it's doing the work of our adversaries.

Without such people we would have no Nation. Do you really value America so lightly? Freedom isn't free.

Agreed.

The reality is this:

So what? It most certainly did attack US troops stationed in in the ME. You don't think our troops have a right to defend themselves? You don't think we should help defend our allies?
The truth is we went into Iraq to rescue an ally from brutal foreign aggression and occupation and with the support of a majority of the American people. I did and do support what we did there.

Agreed.

The reality is this:

So what? It most certainly did attack US troops stationed in in the ME. You don't think our troops have a right to defend themselves? You don't think we should help defend our allies?
The truth is we went into Iraq to rescue an ally from brutal foreign aggression and occupation and with the support of a majority of the American people. I did and do support what we did there.
one of the most notorious TERRORISTS found in Iraq..he murdered a DISABLED American!!!!!!!

Without such people we would have no Nation. Do you really value America so lightly? Freedom isn't free.
I completely agree, freedom isn't free. I just don't see how any entity from the middle East is threatening my freedoms here in the USA.

And why is it that only American troops stationed in places we really have no business being are the only ones being targeted?

Agreed.

The reality is this:

4. saddam was more of a threat to the US - it is a world economy- unlike in 1941
etc
And once Saddam was removed from power, a much more violent organization was able to flourish unhindered. Causing problems more profound to the international community than what Hussein was able to accomplish.

Agreed.

The reality is this:

All scum demonRATS and barrag-o supported the War in Iraq....... Just another example of the failed leadership from the vile scum demonRATS

Agreed.

The reality is this:

LOL, they attacked US troops when we invaded.

I completely agree, freedom isn't free. I just don't see how any entity from the middle East is threatening my freedoms here in the USA.

And why is it that only American troops stationed in places we really have no business being are the only ones being targeted?
You're right; you don't see. You don't see because you refuse to look. What in the world makes you think you're are some kind of military and political genius whose pronouncements are infallible? Apparently you don't think we should defend Texas because you live in California (or wherever) and that wouldn't affect you directly or immediately. I can't imagine a more selfish or ego centric-attitude. Got news for you, Sport, if we refuse to defend our homeland or allies until our enemies are at the border we will have already lost the war. The world is in fact small and continues to effectively shrink where it concerns warfare. The days of wars of a single country against another single country are long gone and for the most part never really existed. It is-or ends up being- a coalition of allied nations against an enemy coalition of nations. Nations form mutual defense pacts treaties or alliances. If a nation cannot rely on another to stand with them if they are invaded it's a sure bet they won't commit to doing so the other way around. At one time America could be 100% relied on to honor our commitments to allies. Now...not so much. And that's because of people with selfish attitudes like your own. Diplomacy 101.
I have noticed that war is kinda hard on the country that hosts the battlefields. Imagine a flattened and burned out L.A. or a glassy crater where NYC used to be. That is the kind of result you can expect from waiting until the enemy kicks our door down before trying to oppose him elsewhere.
Our troops fight where we send them and you are as much a part of the "we" as anyone. You don't think our troops should be sent to a given place don't elect someone to represent you who will do so. Don't try to deny your own responsibility in the matter.
Who decided that you were in any way competent to decide where US troops have any business being? I know of no reason to believe you are competent to deploy Brownie Scouts at a birthday party. Do you have credentials or just delusions of grandeur?

Agreed.

The reality is this:

Wrong. They attacked US troops before we invaded. They attacked and occupied an ally, refused to leave and ignored an ultimatum to do so and then attacked US forces in another country. All acts of war deserving a warlike response. Which they got. They certainly had it coming.

You're right; you don't see. You don't see because you refuse to look. What in the world makes you think you're are some kind of military and political genius whose pronouncements are infallible? Apparently you don't think we should defend Texas because you live in California (or wherever) and that wouldn't affect you directly or immediately. I can't imagine a more selfish or ego centric-attitude. Got news for you, Sport, if we refuse to defend our homeland or allies until our enemies are at the border we will have already lost the war. The world is in fact small and continues to effectively shrink where it concerns warfare. The days of wars of a single country against another single country are long gone and for the most part never really existed. It is-or ends up being- a coalition of allied nations against an enemy coalition of nations. Nations form mutual defense pacts treaties or alliances. If a nation cannot rely on another to stand with them if they are invaded it's a sure bet they won't commit to doing so the other way around. At one time America could be 100% relied on to honor our commitments to allies. Now...not so much. And that's because of people with selfish attitudes like your own. Diplomacy 101.
I have noticed that war is kinda hard on the country that hosts the battlefields. Imagine a flattened and burned out L.A. or a glassy crater where NYC used to be. That is the kind of result you can expect from waiting until the enemy kicks our door down before trying to oppose him elsewhere.
Our troops fight where we send them and you are as much a part of the "we" as anyone. You don't think our troops should be sent to a given place don't elect someone to represent you who will do so. Don't try to deny your own responsibility in the matter.
Who decided that you were in any way competent to decide where US troops have any business being? I know of no reason to believe you are competent to deploy Brownie Scouts at a birthday party. Do you have credentials or just delusions of grandeur?
That was very well thought out. I didn't realize I needed credentials to speak my opinion. And remind me again what nations were part of the Iraqi coalition?

But for the most part, you're right. I believed the government had a good reason to invade Iraq, when they made the announcement that they would. You know, WMDs and all that crap. But once again, as it has in Vietnam, post war history has shown us it was a complete waste of time and undoubtedly a waste of American lives. I don't need credentials to see that. American military might hasn't made any real difference since WW2. But hey, we defeated the superpowers if Grenada, Panama, and Iraq. So there's that....

Agreed.

The reality is this:

Wrong. They attacked US troops before we invaded. They attacked and occupied an ally, refused to leave and ignored an ultimatum to do so and then attacked US forces in another country. All acts of war deserving a warlike response. Which they got. They certainly had it coming.
I'm still waiting on us to attack Iran, they've killed plenty of American soldiers. But no, the assassination of one guy was enough to stop a country much more powerful than Iraq. If it indeed stop them, do you think it did?

Agreed.

The reality is this:

etc
And once Saddam was removed from power, a much more violent organization was able to flourish unhindered. Causing problems more profound to the international community than what Hussein was able to accomplish.
Bullshit. Saddam invaded other countries. The "international community" had a serious problem with that. Which is exactly why the international community invaded Iraq. Turn about...

Forum List

Back