Why Jesus Cried "My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me"

I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.

The preexisting metaphor for teaching from God was manna, bread from heaven, the food of angels.

"And the Word became flesh"

This means that "bread from heaven" became "flesh" in the person of Jesus, "flesh" a new metaphor for teaching from God.

And that teaching is shared and internalized through words that are both spirit and life. John 6:63 If that teaching is not in you and with you, Jesus is not in you or with you. Neither is God. You have never seen him and do not know him.

The flesh of Jesus gives life to the world by teaching the only right way to interpret and comply with the divine commands that fulfills the promise of eternal life while still living on earth.

Life is in the blood, in the doing.

You dick around with bread wine and do nothing but jack off.

You are an idiot.

I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.

The preexisting metaphor for teaching from God was manna, bread from heaven, the food of angels.

This means that "bread from heaven" became "flesh" in the person of Jesus, "flesh" a new metaphor for teaching from God.

And that teaching is shared and internalized through words that are both spirit and life. John 6:63 If that teaching is not in you and with you, Jesus is not in you or with you. Neither is God. You have never seen him and do not know him.

The flesh of Jesus gives life to the world by teaching the only right way to interpret and comply with the divine commands that fulfills the promise of eternal life while still living on earth.

You are an idiot.
After performing the miracle to feed the masses. Jesus tells them that he came down from heaven and is the bread of life. They grumble about this. He then proceeds to tell them that he was sent by God and reinforces that he is the bread of life. Jesus then shocks the crowd by telling them that the bread is his flesh. The Jews argue over this. They give Jesus every opportunity to soften his statement; to make his statement more symbolic. What does Jesus do? He doubles down. He tells them in very explicit terms that unless they eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood they won't have life in them. So what do many of them do? They leave because they found it offensive. Just like you do. And he let them leave, just as he has let you leave.

In 1 Corinthians 10:16-17 Paul is reminding the early Christians that they aren't just symbolically drinking and eating the blood and body of Christ.

16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.

Partaking of the blood and body of Christ makes many different people into one body. It is how we participate in Christ's life and death. It is magical. There is nothing like it on the face of the earth. There is no experience that is more joyous. Participating in His suffering and death humbles the soul. Participating in His love for us makes the soul burst at its seams.

You have never experiences this. I have.

Jesus is not in you or with you. Neither is God. You have never seen him and do not know him.
Of course I know Him. I share in His existence. We all do. It's just that some - like yourself - don't realize it.

Last edited:

You are an idiot.
How unsearchable are his judgments!!!

How inscrutable his ways!!!

He then proceeds to tell them that he was sent by God and reinforces that he is the bread of life. Jesus then shocks the crowd by telling them that the bread is his flesh. The Jews argue over this. They give Jesus every opportunity to soften his statement; to make his statement more symbolic. What does Jesus do? He doubles down. He tells them in very explicit terms that unless they eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood they won't have life in them. So what do many of them do? They leave because they found it offensive.

But then he asked the remaining disciples if they would leave him too and Simon Peter answered,

" Lord to whom shall we go? Your words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God." John 6:68

You believe that by worshipping and eating a matzo made by human hands that you will receive eternal life after you are dead.

I know that by conforming to the revelation of Jesus, internalizing the words that form the body of his teaching, I already have hold of that life.

You are happy with your choice. I am happy with mine.

Everybody is happy! woo hoo!

Last edited:
He then proceeds to tell them that he was sent by God and reinforces that he is the bread of life. Jesus then shocks the crowd by telling them that the bread is his flesh. The Jews argue over this. They give Jesus every opportunity to soften his statement; to make his statement more symbolic. What does Jesus do? He doubles down. He tells them in very explicit terms that unless they eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood they won't have life in them. So what do many of them do? They leave because they found it offensive.

But then he asked the remaining disciples if they would leave him too and Simon Peter answered,

" Lord to whom shall we go? Your words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God."

You believe that by worshipping and eating a matzo made by human hands that you will receive eternal life after you are dead.

I know that by conforming to the revelation of Jesus, internalizing the words that form the body of his teaching, I already have hold of that life.

You are happy with your choice. I am happy with mine.

Everybody is happy! woo hoo!
  1. Yeshua was careful to distinguish himself from other teachers who would come and go
  2. Yeshua claimed to have authority equal to God's
  3. Yeshua claimed to be divine
  4. Yeshua claimed to be an atonement for the sins of the world

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

No. I believe that by devouring the Body and Blood of Christ - like He said to literally do - that I share in His suffering and resurrection. I have eternal life now. I have no idea what death holds. No one knows their fate.

How unsearchable are his judgments!!!

How inscrutable his ways!!!

No. I believe that by devouring the Body and Blood of Christ - like He said to literally do - that I share in His suffering and resurrection.

His word is the life-giving principle and therefore he called his flesh by the same name: and we are to “devour Him with the ear and to ruminate on Him with the understanding, and to digest Him by faith.” The flesh profits nothing, the spirit imparts life. Tertullian, Elucidations.

The heresy of transubstantiation was not dogmatic until the thirteenth century. doofus.

I have no idea what death holds.

Sure you do. You are intimately acquainted with death. It's all you have ever known.

You believe in a past that never happened, have no clue about what is actually taking place in the present, and look forward to a future that will never come. You feel bad about what is not sin and pride yourself in sinning. You call evil good and good evil. Consequently you can't enjoy life.

Reality to you is a consuming fire that will never go out.

Last edited:
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

^^^^^^^^

They pay no heed to the real hidden meaning of things, but divert themselves instead with all kinds of iniquitous, arcane lore. They do not know the hidden meaning of what is actually taking place, nor have they ever understood the lessons of the past. Consequently, they have no knowledge of what is coming upon them and have done nothing to save their souls from the deeper implications of present events.

No. I believe that by devouring the Body and Blood of Christ - like He said to literally do - that I share in His suffering and resurrection.

His word is the life-giving principle and therefore he called his flesh by the same name: and we are to “devour Him with the ear and to ruminate on Him with the understanding, and to digest Him by faith.” The flesh profits nothing, the spirit imparts life. Tertullian, Elucidations.

The heresy of transubstantiation was not dogmatic until the thirteenth century. doofus.

I have no idea what death holds.

Sure you do. You are intimately acquainted with death. It's all you have ever known.

You believe in a past that never happened, have no clue about what is actually taking place in the present, and look forward to a future that will never come. You feel bad about what is not sin and pride yourself in sinning. You call evil good and good evil. Consequently you can't enjoy life.

Reality to you is a consuming fire that will never go out.
Nope, I have eternal life, right now. And try as you might nothing you can say or do will change that. You can't discourage me with your words of hate. I pity you.

^^^^^^^^

They pay no heed to the real hidden meaning of things, but divert themselves instead with all kinds of iniquitous, arcane lore. They do not know the hidden meaning of what is actually taking place, nor have they ever understood the lessons of the past. Consequently, they have no knowledge of what is coming upon them and have done nothing to save their souls from the deeper implications of present events.
Your words of hate do not phase me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I trust in Him everyday.

Who do YOU lean on?

^^^^^^^^

The leaders of the day continually questioned Yeshua. One day they said to him,

"Surely You are not greater than our father Abraham, who died? The prophets died too; whom do You make Yourself out to be?"Jesus answered, "…Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad."
So the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."
Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him…(John 8:53-59)
Yeshua was saying that he had supernatural knowledge of things in the past because he existed before Abraham. And as if that weren't enough, right then and there he invoked the name "I Am" for himself, the same name that God calls himself in Exodus 3:14.

Yeshua was saying that he had supernatural knowledge of things in the past because he existed before Abraham. And as if that weren't enough, right then and there he invoked the name "I Am" for himself, the same name that God calls himself in Exodus 3:14.
Yeshua schmeshua.

No, Jesus used the name of God as the reason how he knew Abraham. Before Abraham was born God exists, I am, and since God was with and in Jesus he knew everything about Abraham in the same way a father tells his son about things that occured before his birth.

Those who questioned Jesus said "you are not yet 50, how can you know Abraham?"

This shows two things. Jesus was probably in his 40's. Also the implication is that if he was over 50 he could have known Abraham which shows that knowing Abraham is about understanding Abraham, and not about having met Abraham in person.

The fact remains that there never was and never will be a human being that was or became God either before, during, or after their human existence.

You profess to believe that Jesus claimed to be God, the same thing his enemies accused him of to discredit him because even in first century Judea just like all over the world today anyone who claims to be God is insane.

You have brought the name of Jesus into disrepute among intelligent people with your faith.

Vaffanculo a chi t'è morto.

Last edited:
Yeshua schmeshua.

No, Jesus used the name of God as the reason how he knew abraham. Even before abraham was born God exists, I am, and since God was with and in Jesus he knew everything about Abraham in the same way a father tells his son about things that occured before his birth.

Even those who questioned Jesus said "you are not yet 50, how can you know abraham?"

This shows two things. Jesus was probably in his 40's. Also the implication is that if he was over 50 he could have known abraham which shows that knowing Abraham is about understanding abraham, and not about having met Abraham in person.

The fact remains that there never was and never will be a human being that was or became God either before, during, or after their human existence.
Your beliefs do not hold up to His statements and actions. You want to ignore His claim of divinity because you don't believe in His divinity. As such you twist everything He said and was written about Him. Your "explanations" make no sense because your position makes no sense. You won't even state your position on the divinity of Christ because that would reveal your deception.

Here... I'll prove it. What do you think St. Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 10:16-17?

16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.​

Yeshua schmeshua.

No, Jesus used the name of God as the reason how he knew abraham. Even before abraham was born God exists, I am, and since God was with and in Jesus he knew everything about Abraham in the same way a father tells his son about things that occured before his birth.

Even those who questioned Jesus said "you are not yet 50, how can you know abraham?"

This shows two things. Jesus was probably in his 40's. Also the implication is that if he was over 50 he could have known abraham which shows that knowing Abraham is about understanding abraham, and not about having met Abraham in person.

Your beliefs do not hold up to His statements and actions. You want to ignore His claim of divinity because you don't believe in His divinity. As such you twist everything He said and was written about Him. Your "explanations" make no sense because your position makes no sense. You won't even state your position on the divinity of Christ because that would reveal your deception.

Here... I'll prove it. What do you think St. Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 10:16-17?

16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.​

"But go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

This statement alone proves that Jesus neither thought of himself as or claimed to be God by saying that his God is our God.

Jesus also stated that God was the source of his existence. Any being whose source is God cannot be God.

Not to mention the title of this thread. Was Jesus asking himself why he had forsaken himself?

lol...derp, derp.

LIAR.

:splat:

Last edited:
Yeshua schmeshua.

"But go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

This statement alone proves that Jesus neither thought of himself as or claimed to be God by saying that his God is our God.

Jesus also stated that God was the source of his existence. Any being whose source is God cannot be God.

Not to mention the title of this thread. Was Jesus asking himself why he had forsaken himself?

lol...derp, derp.

LIAR.

You totally dodged the question. Like I knew you would.

Yeshua schmeshua.

lol...derp, derp.

LIAR.

You totally dodged the question. Like I knew you would.

I noticed that you dodged the scriptural evidence that proves that you are a liar. What a surprise!

Testa di cazzo.

Anyway, I'll tell you what Paul meant there as soon as you tell me what He meant here:

"For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself." 1 Corinthians 11:29

Last edited:

Forum List

Back