Why Jesus Cried "My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me"

Yeshua was saying that he had supernatural knowledge of things in the past because he existed before Abraham. And as if that weren't enough, right then and there he invoked the name "I Am" for himself, the same name that God calls himself in Exodus 3:14.
Yeshua schmeshua.

No, Jesus used the name of God as the reason how he knew abraham. Even before abraham was born God exists, I am, and since God was with and in Jesus he knew everything about Abraham in the same way a father tells his son about things that occured before his birth.

Even those who questioned Jesus said "you are not yet 50, how can you know abraham?"

This shows two things. Jesus was probably in his 40's. Also the implication is that if he was over 50 he could have known abraham which shows that knowing Abraham is about understanding abraham, and not about having met Abraham in person.

The fact remains that there never was and never will be a human being that was or became God either before, during, or after their human existence.
Your beliefs do not hold up to His statements and actions. You want to ignore His claim of divinity because you don't believe in His divinity. As such you twist everything He said and was written about Him. Your "explanations" make no sense because your position makes no sense. You won't even state your position on the divinity of Christ because that would reveal your deception.

Here... I'll prove it. What do you think St. Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 10:16-17?

16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.​

"But go and tell my brothers that I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God."

This statement alone proves that Jesus neither thought of himself as or claimed to be God by saying that his God is our God.

Jesus also stated that God was the source of his existence. Any being whose source is God cannot be God.

Not to mention the title of this thread. Was Jesus asking himself why he had forsaken himself?

lol...derp, derp.

LIAR.

:splat:
You totally dodged the question. Like I knew you would.

I noticed that you dodged the scriptural evidence that proves that you are a liar. What a surprise!

Testa di cazzo.

Anyway, I'll tell you what Paul meant there as soon as you tell me what He meant here:

"For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself." 1 Corinthians 11:29
I didn't dodge anything. I'm waiting for you to answer my question before tackling your question. Quid pro quo.

But if you can't hold your britches, what St. Paul is saying is you aren't eating just a cracker and drinking wine. You are literally consuming the body and blood of Christ.

23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.​
27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.
33 So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together. 34 Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment.​

But if you can't hold your britches, what St. Paul is saying is you aren't eating just a cracker and drinking wine. You are literally consuming the body and blood of Christ.

According to John 16:29 Jesus says "Till now I have been using figures of speech." After all that talk about bread from heaven, eat my flesh and drink my blood, etc.

So no, you are wrong again.

He never meant any of that literally.

Jesus was living under brutal Roman occupation when people were maimed, enslaved,imprisoned, tortured and killed daily for trivial reasons. He was speaking in code that only the initiated would understand just like any despised criminal does who the authorities have a hard on for..

Everything he said went over the heads of the enemy. Deliberately.

How is it that it remains above your grasp?

See? Still works like a charm!

Last edited:

I am doing no such thing.

According to John 16:29 Jesus says "Till now I have been using figures of speech." After all that talk about bread from heaven, eat my flesh and drink my blood, etc.

Jesus was living under brutal Roman occupation when people were maimed, enslaved,imprisoned, tortured and killed daily for trivial reasons.

Everything he said went over the heads of the enemy. How is it that it is above your grasp?

It's like you never even read the NT.

Jesus was living under brutal Roman occupation when people were maimed, enslaved,imprisoned, tortured and killed daily for trivial reasons.

Everything he said went over the heads of the enemy. Deliberately.

How is it that it remains above your grasp?

What was His purpose in telling the Parable of the Lost Son - Luke 15:11-32?

Everything he said went over the heads of the enemy. How is it that it is above your grasp?

I'm sure it seems that way to you but, I assure you, it only seems that way.

Like I openly told you, you, a he-goat "without blemish", lol, have been carefully chosen and prepared as a sacrificial offering for the expiation of sin. Your slaughter is dedicated to the Lord.

In the kindest way possible I cut your neck with the sharpest knife known to man and drained the blood out of your body. Then I have been trimming the fat from the meat, throwing it on the fire, and feeding a multitude fresh lean flesh in the process for their edification, people with teeth.

That's what is actually taking place.

Its a great feast and veritable hootenanny for many... not you of course but who cares?

Thank you for so generously providing the carcass and laughs.

You are quite the joker.

Last edited:

Like I openly told you, you, a he-goat "without blemish", lol, have been carefully chosen and prepared as a sacrificial offering for the expiation of sin. Your slaughter is dedicated to the Lord.

In the kindest way possible I cut your neck with the sharpest knife known to man and drained the blood out of your body. Then I have been trimming the fat from the meat, throwing it on the fire, and feeding a multitude fresh lean flesh in the process for their edification, people with teeth.

Its a great feast and veritable hootenanny for many... not you of course but who cares?

You are quite the joker.
So you are saying you can't think of an explanation for the Parable of the Lost Son - Luke 15:11-32?

How about the Parable of the Lost Sheep - Luke 15:3-7? What's your explanation for that?

Probably the most misrepresented and least understood words of Jesus. As he dies on the cross he makes this statement, which at face value sounds as if he feels betrayed by God.

But in actuality he’s telling people to go read Psalm 22 that foretells his work. Before the numbering system of the Bible was created centuries later the Rabbi would read the first passage in place of what we say today as Psalm 22.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?

2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the one Israel praises.

4 In you our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them.

5 To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

7 All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads.

8“He trusts in the LORD,” they say, “let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”

9 Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.

10 From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

11 Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help.

12Many bulls surround me; strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.

13Roaring lions that tear their prey open their mouths wide against me.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted within me.

15 My mouthis dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.

16 Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.

17 All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me.

18 They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

19 But you, LORD, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me.

20Deliver me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs.

21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen.

22 I will declare your name to my people; in the assembly I will praise you.

23 You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!

24 For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly; before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

26 The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him— may your hearts live forever!

27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him,

28 for dominion belongs to the LORDand he rules over the nations.

29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship; all who go down to the dust will kneel before him— those who cannot keep themselves alive.

30Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord.

31 They will proclaim his righteousness, declaring to a people yet unborn: He has done it!
David had the spirit pf God in him. That the spirit was prophesying about what was going to happen in the future. David prophecies have came through some of his songs. David most likely didn't know what he was singing about at the time. But he was just singing about what he felt inside of his heart. But the people were moved by his songs. That they have felt what was being said through his music.
But some of his songs was a way how David communicated with God. It is because he pours out what is inside of his heart through his songs. And God only here the heart, it is because the heart speaks the truth. You cannot hide what your are feeling on the inside.
That is why Jesus said not to pray out loud, but to pray to Him from within. It is because God shuts His ears from whatever comes from out the mouth that defiles a person. It is because lies only comes from out of it.

1 Samuel 16:23 Whenever the spirit from God came on Saul, David would take up his lyre and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him.

Psalm 12:2
Everyone lies to their neighbor; they flatter with their lips but harbor deception in their hearts.

Matthew 9:4
Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

50 You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.”

Matthew 12:34
You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Matthew 15:11
What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Like this guy didn't know what that he was prophesying. But since he was the High Priest at that time. That God have used him as a vessel. Moses was a high priest. That God uses both the good and the wicked to do His will.

John 11:50 You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.” He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation,

1 Samuel 28:10 Saul swore to her by the Lord, “As surely as the Lord lives, you will not be punished for this.”

11 Then the woman asked, “Whom shall I bring up for you?”

“Bring up Samuel,” he said.

12 When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out at the top of her voice and said to Saul, “Why have you deceived me? You are Saul!”

13 The king said to her, “Don’t be afraid. What do you see?”

The woman said, “I see a ghostly figure[a] coming up out of the earth.”

14 “What does he look like?” he asked.

“An old man wearing a robe is coming up,” she said.

Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.

15 Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”

“I am in great distress,” Saul said. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has departed from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.”

16 Samuel said, “Why do you consult me, now that the Lord has departed from you and become your enemy? 17 The Lord has done what he predicted through me. The Lord has torn the kingdom out of your hands and given it to one of your neighbors—to David. 18 Because you did not obey the Lord or carry out his fierce wrath against the Amalekites, the Lord has done this to you today. 19 The Lord will deliver both Israel and you into the hands of the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The Lord will also give the army of Israel into the hands of the Philistines.”

You are quite the joker.
What's your interpretation of the Parable of the Lost Sheep in Luke 15:3-7, liar? What's your explanation for that?

What's wrong hobelim ? You can't think of an explanation which fits your secular humanism narrative that Jesus was railing against the Romans?

Was there ever a doubt this fool couldn't keep up his charade?
You sound bitter. Reverend Dr Martin Luther King is disappointed in you.
I'm cool with you seeing my assessment of HOBELIM that way.
169140D3-D181-4F5F-8273-9994C6B8CEFC.gif

You can chuckle when you see the anti-Christ fulfill the prophecies of Daniel.
I chuckle at the irony of you thinking laughing at me should have bothered me because it means you being laughed at bothers you.

I think you probably have bigger problems than the anti-christ.

I chuckle at the irony of you thinking laughing at me should have bothered me because it means you being laughed at bothers you.

Says someone so distressed he spends all his time in this thread. Likely because you know the truth and are grasping for answers.

Says someone so distressed he spends all his time in this thread. Likely because you know the truth and are grasping for answers.
Cool story, bro.

Leftists don't need Jesus; they have the party.
and the party always supplies tons of booze

I think the Democrat party is a lot more holier than republicans.
People on the left, seem to be 'the Sheep' in the sheep and the goats parable in the Bible, also known as the last judgement, or Judgement of Nations.....

Christ separated the people within all Nations for the judgement, the sheep put on His right, the goats put on his left....

to make a long story short, the goats always proclaimed to know Jesus as Savior and Lord....yet when Jesus confronts them on them helping Jesus when He was in need they said , When did we not help you Lord?

Jesus basically said, When you didn't feed the hungry, help the poor, welcome the stranger, or care for those in prison etc... whatever you didn't do for the least of them, You did this to me! He cast them to eternal punishment.

He confronts the other group who fed the hungry, helped the poor, visited those in prison, and welcomed the Stranger ... on how well they treated Him,

This group of people ask Christ, When did we do those things for you?

and He said, however you treated those people, you did unto Me!

This other separated group in the parable, didn't even know they were doing good things for and to Jesus Christ,

...basically, they didn't know...they were followers of Christ....they were just doing what they felt was right and humane....

and Christ rewarded those who thought they didnt know Him, with everlasting life....!

-----------

Bottom line, yes many on the left, who may not even know they are following Christ and His teachings are the ones who are rewarded by Christ on judgement day.

And some of those who proclaimed they knew Christ, or accepted Him as Lord and Savior...

Were ALL TALK, with no actions....

I see, so you have this perception that only those that align with your political beliefs, even though they don't accept Christ as their savior, will be accepted by Christ because of their 'good deeds'? And those that don't align with your political beliefs, even though they've accepted Christ as their savior, will be damned because they didn't vote the right way to do 'good deeds' via their government? Seriously?

Forum List

Back