Why is Housing so Cheap in the South?

Lower Taxes is the biggest reason. Please do not come, stay up in yankee land or left coast fruit land where you belong.

Sory, but this yankee is already working out the details for a move to Texas. Don't worry though, I most certainly have no desires to pollute the good thing going there with LOLberal voting/ideas.

And of course you making such a move will raise the avg. IQ in both regions.

:lol:

That's one you have to think about for a second. It has layers. Very clever!

And with very little or no state income taxation, along with business overhead lowered significantly (that includes housing construction), along with state regulatory agencies, homes are much cheaper to build.

Demand is high there too, or the prices would be even lower.

Do you think it's a good idea to buy a home built without regulatory oversight? Maybe that's why so many homes in Tornado Alley simply disappear each year. I wouldn't raise my family in a home where (seemingly) every year tornado's strike and there is no safe room or cellar for protection. Listening to those who survived by lying on top of their kids I a bathtub would give anyone pause when considering a purchase of a home where tornadoes are common.

Yes, I do. Homes were built long before a "regulatory agency" was around to syphon funds and generally make compliance costly at the expense of infrastructure.

The homes you're referring to are modular or mobile. it's no ones fault but the purchaser in tornado alley that they bought a stick hut that's stapled together knowing there can be feirce storms.

Two of the three little pigs would then need aid from the Federal Government after their straw and stick homes disappeared. In fact, local resources would be used to clean up all the straw and sticks as well as their possessions.

Do you think it's a good idea to buy a home built without regulatory oversight? Maybe that's why so many homes in Tornado Alley simply disappear each year. I wouldn't raise my family in a home where (seemingly) every year tornado's strike and there is no safe room or cellar for protection. Listening to those who survived by lying on top of their kids I a bathtub would give anyone pause when considering a purchase of a home where tornadoes are common.

Yes, I do. Homes were built long before a "regulatory agency" was around to syphon funds and generally make compliance costly at the expense of infrastructure.

The homes you're referring to are modular or mobile. it's no ones fault but the purchaser in tornado alley that they bought a stick hut that's stapled together knowing there can be feirce storms.

Two of the three little pigs would then need aid from the Federal Government after their straw and stick homes disappeared. In fact, local resources would be used to clean up all the straw and sticks as well as their possessions.

And this has what to do with anything here?

I think you spent all the power of your pair of brain cells on that witty retort you had. Better give them a chance to recharge or you're sure to type out more drivel.

Lower Taxes is the biggest reason. Please do not come, stay up in yankee land or left coast fruit land where you belong.

Sory, but this yankee is already working out the details for a move to Texas. Don't worry though, I most certainly have no desires to pollute the good thing going there with LOLberal voting/ideas.

I am here in Allen TX, Just north of Dallas, moved here from Pensacola, Florida for my job , and I love it. Summers are wicked hot but everything else is great.: :eusa_shhh:

I am here in Allen TX, Just north of Dallas, moved here from Pensacola, Florida for my job , and I love it. Summers are wicked hot but everything else is great.: :eusa_shhh:

Yep. A lot of businesses are moving to Texas because of the friendly business environment there. I know a few who had job moves to Texas and they too, love it.

Mrs. Clean had HGTV on yesterday and they were showing properties in parts of the South and Texas that were selling for a fraction of what they would sell for in the Northeast or West Coast.

Why is that?

Lower cost of living, more affordable I think. I lived in California for 3 years when I was in the service and I have no clue how people can afford to live there.

:eusa_shhh:

Yep. A lot of businesses are moving to Texas because of the friendly business environment there. I know a few who had job moves to Texas and they too, love it.

no basements----that's the real key. :eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

Austin makes some of your old fucking yankee towns look like two hole shitters but please continue to live in them.

:eusa_shhh:

no basements----that's the real key. :eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh:

Austin makes some of your old fucking yankee towns look like two hole shitters but please continue to live in them.

Most of the south does that.

Lower taxes, limited but necessary regulations - not no regulations, brings in growth. Making it easy for businesses to start up their business, not 40 pages of paperwork and high taxes.
All of this brings in more Jobs, more people more state revenue and cost of living becomes reasonable and affordable.

Mrs. Clean had HGTV on yesterday and they were showing properties in parts of the South and Texas that were selling for a fraction of what they would sell for in the Northeast or West Coast.

Why is that?

Lower cost of living, more affordable I think. I lived in California for 3 years when I was in the service and I have no clue how people can afford to live there.

I got a recruitment call about nursing jobs in Cali, one was $800 per 8 hour shift. Staff nurse job, not even NP. Sounds good until you look at the cost of living.

If you cant get good work in Texas, you dont want to work.

I think you spent all the power of your pair of brain cells on that witty retort you had. Better give them a chance to recharge or you're sure to type out more drivel.

Gee, I though my little story would appeal to a callous conservative. Maybe it went over your head? Consider, why should the tax payers pay for such a clean up? Why should first responders put their life and limb at risk?

Why not make the builders build to a code, a code written for the region's risks? In CA we have very strong Earthquake Codes 'cause we know the big one is coming; why does the south ignore the annual risk of tornadoes and hurricanes and allow straw and stick buildings?

Gee, I though my little story would appeal to a callous conservative. Maybe it went over your head? Consider, why should the tax payers pay for such a clean up? Why should first responders put their life and limb at risk?

Why not make the builders build to a code, a code written for the region's risks? In CA we have very strong Earthquake Codes 'cause we know the big one is coming; why does the south ignore the annual risk of tornadoes and hurricanes and allow straw and stick buildings?

Well, then, that was your first mistake. i'm not a conservative.

Definitely. i do not speak drivel fluently.

They shouldn't. If tards want to buy stick huts that are stapled together, they can buy insurance. If no one wants to insure their stick hut, they should probably save up so when disaster strikes they have capital to deal with their lousy choice. But, this isn't how ALL southern buildings are done, so it's a rather irrelevant and marginal point to make.

Why not let people take responsibility for themselves. There wasn't any code before you progressive authoritarians showed up and people got along just fine. What makes you think you're fuckin' codes are needed now? BTW, most places do have codes, even in the south. The difference is unlike Commifornia, the regulations are minimum and not a giant beauracracy of authoritarians syphoning off productivity.

Hope that helps with your nonsense story of stupid.

Why is that?

I got a recruitment call about nursing jobs in Cali, one was $800 per 8 hour shift. Staff nurse job, not even NP. Sounds good until you look at the cost of living.

Some of the jobs in California and New York pay alot but the cost of living is through the roof, $100,000 a year in California or New York is poverty wages.

The region is more desirable. People have been fleeing the northeast and midwest for the last couple of decades and heading south and southwest. The entire southern U.S. coast to coast has experienced a boom in building and jobs.

And with very little or no state income taxation, along with business overhead lowered significantly (that includes housing construction), along with state regulatory agencies, homes are much cheaper to build.

Do you think it's a good idea to buy a home built without regulatory oversight? Maybe that's why so many homes in Tornado Alley simply disappear each year. I wouldn't raise my family in a home where (seemingly) every year tornado's strike and there is no safe room or cellar for protection. Listening to those who survived by lying on top of their kids in a bathtub would give anyone pause when considering a purchase of a home where tornadoes are common.

You'd outlaw building homes where tornadoes might hit, Freddo?

Tornados.gif

The region is more desirable. People have been fleeing the northeast and midwest for the last couple of decades and heading south and southwest. The entire southern U.S. coast to coast has experienced a boom in building and jobs.

Do you think it's a good idea to buy a home built without regulatory oversight? Maybe that's why so many homes in Tornado Alley simply disappear each year. I wouldn't raise my family in a home where (seemingly) every year tornado's strike and there is no safe room or cellar for protection. Listening to those who survived by lying on top of their kids in a bathtub would give anyone pause when considering a purchase of a home where tornadoes are common.

There are building codes just like everywhere else.
And I love my all brick home. Cant have that up north because of the cold. And you have to remember,they build them to resist hurricanes down here. Hardly flimsy construction.
And anyone who doesnt want a storm shelter is nuts if they live in tornado alley.

Forum List

Back