Why is Housing so Cheap in the South?

Lower Taxes is the biggest reason. Please do not come, stay up in yankee land or left coast fruit land where you belong.

Sory, but this yankee is already working out the details for a move to Texas. Don't worry though, I most certainly have no desires to pollute the good thing going there with LOLberal voting/ideas.

I am here in Allen TX, Just north of Dallas, moved here from Pensacola, Florida for my job , and I love it. Summers are wicked hot but everything else is great.: :eusa_shhh:

What's great about it?

The characterless subdivisions?

The strip malls?

The chain restaurants?

The miles and miles of nothing surrounded by miles and miles of nothing?

Mrs. Clean had HGTV on yesterday and they were showing properties in parts of the South and Texas that were selling for a fraction of what they would sell for in the Northeast or West Coast.

Why is that?

They blow away in the wind. Deadly snakes. Neighbors shoot cans and small animals from their porch. There's no there, there. People talk funny. The food is too salty and too sugary. Speed traps. Waffle House is five star dinning.

This man is correct.

I would submit as further evidence the green directions sign on the perkin's road overpass over I-10 near Baton Rouge Louisiana. It is full of bullet holes. In order for this to have happened, some red neck idiot had to stand on the overpass and shoot bullets through the sign out along the interstate. Its doubtful he thought for a second about what he was doing other than it was really awesome.

Taxes are much lower, along with other living expenses and purchasing power is higher.

If taxes and living expenses are lower, wouldn't make the region more desirable and drive up real estate values?

You would think, but look at all the elitiest assholes who have already posted in their thread looking down their noses at the ignorant rednecks. We're perfectly happy for them to stay where they are living in high priced, dirty cities.

Mrs. Clean had HGTV on yesterday and they were showing properties in parts of the South and Texas that were selling for a fraction of what they would sell for in the Northeast or West Coast.

Why is that?

They blow away in the wind. Deadly snakes. Neighbors shoot cans and small animals from their porch. There's no there, there. People talk funny. The food is too salty and too sugary. Speed traps. Waffle House is five star dinning.

This man is correct.

I would submit as further evidence the green directions sign on the perkin's road overpass over I-10 near Baton Rouge Louisiana. It is full of bullet holes. In order for this to have happened, some red neck idiot had to stand on the overpass and shoot bullets through the sign out along the interstate. Its doubtful he thought for a second about what he was doing other than it was really awesome.

I'm thinking it's more the poor, misunderstood hip hop gangsta wannabes that would look just like Obama's son.

Why is that?

There's a lot of factors

basically the cost of living is lower, thus houses cost less.

lower taxes,
non-union jobs galore so more people can be hired
people fleeing liberal utopias like the NE and Midwest for better chances
less pollution, more natural areas
less dense populations. Last I heard, the entire population of Arkansas could fit in Cook county Chicago
All the states are competing for people to move in.

If I wasn't divorced with young kids, I'd move back south

Do you think it's a good idea to buy a home built without regulatory oversight?

Is it built by a southern general contractor?

Just talk to one for a few minutes and you'll have the answer to that.

I've yet to hire a contractor to work on my house that actually gives a damn about my safety. They've dropped the ball on everything from B-vent clearance from combustibles to even switching hot and neutral conductor at the box instead of fixing a ground fault.

There is "regulatory oversight" - its called Dick the general contractor making up the regulations as he goes.

The region is more desirable. People have been fleeing the northeast and midwest for the last couple of decades and heading south and southwest. The entire southern U.S. coast to coast has experienced a boom in building and jobs.

And with very little or no state income taxation, along with business overhead lowered significantly (that includes housing construction), along with state regulatory agencies, homes are much cheaper to build.

Demand is high there too, or the prices would be even lower.

Do you think it's a good idea to buy a home built without regulatory oversight? Maybe that's why so many homes in Tornado Alley simply disappear each year. I wouldn't raise my family in a home where (seemingly) every year tornado's strike and there is no safe room or cellar for protection. Listening to those who survived by lying on top of their kids in a bathtub would give anyone pause when considering a purchase of a home where tornadoes are common.

Having not lived here like I have for 56 years, I can tell your elitiest ass with certainty that you don't know shit. Unless you enjoy showing your ignorance, you might just want to :anj_stfu: Believe it or not......our houses do have to meet code inspections when built. Moron.

This man is correct.

I'm thinking it's more the poor, misunderstood hip hop gangsta wannabes that would look just like Obama's son.
All the "poor, misunderstood hip hop gangsta wannabes" in that area of Louisiana are white redneck idiots with middle to upper middle class parents.

Why is that?

No one wants to live next to a bunch of idiots.

I know Right!! So when are you moving.....?

Wow. That's hilarious and so unexpected.

Its amazing you didn't make a career as a comedian. Seriously what are you doing wasting your time here and depriving America of your humor?

Why is that?

Lots of land still available for development so it's relatively cheap. That's not true for most livable areas of the Northeast and the West Coast.

This man is correct.

All the "poor, misunderstood hip hop gangsta wannabes" in that area of Louisiana are white redneck idiots with middle to upper middle class parents.

racist

Forum List

Back