Why is Eli Manning not considered not a average QB?

Let's face it, he's no Tom Brady, nor is he his brother, Peyton Manning. :D

Or

Big Ben
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo

Tony Romo??!!! Nooooo! :lol:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-30-at-7.22.27-AM.png

Romo is going to surprise a lot of people, watch

Oh, I can't wait for football season to start so that I can razz you about Tony! :D We'll have lots of fun I'm sure!

Gerry Jones likes the smell of Aqua Shave in the morning... :lol:

If Dallas is "America's Team" why don't they sell more Romo jerseys? Fair Question...

Lol! Good question.

There are so many good memes online about Tony that I could post, but I don't want to post them now and ruin it for football season. :lol:

I think he's way overrated, but that might be just because they beat the Pats. :lol:

Watch when he miss the playoffs again this year people will stay say........"but he has 2 SB"s lol

Eli missed the playoffs in 2012, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17

"But but he has 2 SB rings from 6 and 11 years ago" :D

No, but he has won more championships than his brother and beaten Tom Brady twice

Watch when he miss the playoffs again this year people will stay say........"but he has 2 SB"s lol

Or

Big Ben
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo

OK
First off. We need to remove Romo from any discussion of great QBs. Romo has great QB skills but he is not a great QB

The others are all future HOF QBs. Whether they are better than Eli Manning is debatable. But what can be certain is that 50 years from now, people will still be talking about the exploits of Eli Manning. The others will be largely forgotten

The highlight of Tony Romos career

tony-romo-crying.jpg

Vs the highlight of Eli Mannings career

Eli-Manning-Tom-Coughlin.jpg

Last edited:

Or

Big Ben
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo

OK
First off. We need to remove Romo from any discussion of great QBs. Romo has great QB skills but he is not a great QB

The others are all future HOF QBs. Whether they are better than Eli Manning is debatable. But what can be certain is that 50 years from now, people will still be talking about the exploits of Eli Manning. The others will be largely forgotten

Wait. Technically, yes, it's debatable which QB is better; it's always debatable which QB is better since it's a subjective question. That said, I don't think you'll find many football fans who would hesitate to say that Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are better QBs than Eli Manning.

And in 50 years, the only reason people might talk about Eli would be as the QB for the team that prevented the Pats from going undefeated, or possibly the David Tyree helmet catch. It wouldn't be because Eli has had such a great career to this point that it needs to be discussed for years and years.

Or

Big Ben
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo

OK

Wait. Technically, yes, it's debatable which QB is better; it's always debatable which QB is better since it's a subjective question. That said, I don't think you'll find many football fans who would hesitate to say that Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are better QBs than Eli Manning.

And in 50 years, the only reason people might talk about Eli would be as the QB for the team that prevented the Pats from going undefeated, or possibly the David Tyree helmet catch. It wouldn't be because Eli has had such a great career to this point that it needs to be discussed for years and years.

Eli will be discussed 50 years from now because he has a historic win

Right now you can talk about Johnny Unitas' sudden death win in 58, Bart Starr in the Icebowl in 67, Joe Namath guaranteeing a win in 69 and Eli Manning shocking the 18-0 Pats in 2008

Not many QBs today can crack that list

OK

Eli will be discussed 50 years from now because he has a historic win

Right now you can talk about Johnny Unitas' sudden death win in 58, Bart Starr in the Icebowl in 67, Joe Namath guaranteeing a win in 69 and Eli Manning shocking the 18-0 Pats in 2008

Not many QBs today can crack that list

Except that, off the top of my head, I don't know what happened with Unitas in 58, while I knew about the Ice Bowl I didn't realize Bart Starr was one of the QBs involved, and generally it's the Giants talked about shocking the Pats, not Eli Manning. Namath's guarantee is memorable as an individual thing because that's what it was, not part of a game.

Any QB who would rather throw a INT than get hit should not be in the NFL

So the only QBs you want in the NFL are those who ONLY throw passes they are sure will not be intercepted? You want no QB who is willing to push the envelope to win? You want only QBs who will lose yardage rather than take any risks?

That would be a pretty crappy QB indeed.

Maybe a good O Line would help?

I would take a 15 yd loss than a INT on any given sunday

the OLD Eli used to actually do that.if he doesnt get his act together this year,he needs to hang it up.

No, but he has won more championships than his brother and beaten Tom Brady twice

He is still not the caliber QB of Brady or his brother, Peyton. I think he's good at best, and he gets lucky a lot of times. I don't think he has the poise under pressure that Brady has either.

So the only QBs you want in the NFL are those who ONLY throw passes they are sure will not be intercepted? You want no QB who is willing to push the envelope to win? You want only QBs who will lose yardage rather than take any risks?

That would be a pretty crappy QB indeed.

Maybe a good O Line would help?

I would take a 15 yd loss than a INT on any given sunday

the OLD Eli used to actually do that.if he doesnt get his act together this year,he needs to hang it up.

I don't know about that. He is still not a terrible quarterback, and Dallas still has Romo, so . . . . :D

He is still not the caliber QB of Brady or his brother, Peyton. I think he's good at best, and he gets lucky a lot of times. I don't think he has the poise under pressure that Brady has either.

No question Peyton is the better QB. But in a big game I'll take Eli every time. For some reason Eli gets "lucky" and Peyton doesn't

Or

Big Ben
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo

OK

Oops! You forgot Tom Brady! :D Eli gets lucky a lot in the same way that Brett Favre got lucky a lot of times, just lobbing the ball when under pressure, but thankfully he had good receivers. I think Eli is very similar type of QB except Brett Favre was still better because he had great vision to know when he needed to get rid of the ball, when to fall on it, etc.

No question Peyton is the better QB. But in a big game I'll take Eli every time. For some reason Eli gets "lucky" and Peyton doesn't

Lol! I can't argue with that because it seems like Peyton has been very unlucky as of late.

All Eli does is throw the ball up for grabs and prays someone comes down with it

Forum List

Back