Why is Eli Manning not considered not a average QB?

First of all let's take away the 1st SB for obvious reasons. So that gives him 1 SB and after winning that one he missed the playoffs 2 seasons in a row. Last season he was responsible for his team starting 0-6 and led the league in interceptions. And in between the 2008 SB and 2012 SB he missed the playoffs 2 times which means he missed the playoffs 4 times out of the last 5 years

So tell me again why does he always get a pass and not considered a borderline below average QB?

Thats going a little too far saying he should be borderline below average QB. I would say average quarterback because of how he has regressed the last couple years yes,but below average is a little absurd since unlike older brother manning,he doesnt choke durint criticial times in the big game.

First of all let's take away the 1st SB for obvious reasons. So that gives him 1 SB and after winning that one he missed the playoffs 2 seasons in a row. Last season he was responsible for his team starting 0-6 and led the league in interceptions. And in between the 2008 SB and 2012 SB he missed the playoffs 2 times which means he missed the playoffs 4 times out of the last 5 years

So tell me again why does he always get a pass and not considered a borderline below average QB?

Thats going a little too far saying he should be borderline below average QB. I would say average quarterback because of how he has regressed the last couple years yes,but below average is a little absurd since unlike older brother manning,he doesnt choke durint criticial times in the big game.

Any QB who would rather throw a INT than get hit should not be in the NFL

I agree

That is why Eli has been in the league for ten years

So the only QBs you want in the NFL are those who ONLY throw passes they are sure will not be intercepted? You want no QB who is willing to push the envelope to win? You want only QBs who will lose yardage rather than take any risks?

That would be a pretty crappy QB indeed.

Maybe a good O Line would help?

pay attention to what i said.I said because of the way he has played the last few years regressing like he has just throwing it up to avoid taking a hit like he has the last couple years,his stock as a good quarterback under pressure has taken a big hit.

If we are talking about the present NOW,then yeah,he is a below average quarterback but i was under the impression we are talking about what he has done his entire career from this thread? If you go by what he has done his entire career,then he is an average quarterback since you cant take away how he came through for them remaining calm playing well in the most critical moments during the big game.

Because of what he has done in the past,he has earned being billed at least an average quarterback.Had he not played so horrible the last couple years like you have described,he would be an above average quarterback.

I would trust Eli anyday of the year over older brother Peyton to come through and win the superbowl for me if i had to choose one of them to lead the team in the superbowl as my quarterback.the results dont lie that Peyton gets scared and chokes where Eli is calm and doesnt let the big game get to him.

Last edited:

I agree

I agree as well.That is indeed why he has been in the league ten years because until recently,he wasnt like that.However he IS like that now.Thats how he has been playing the last couple years just throwing the ball up in the air to get rid of it to avoid taking a hit resulting in interceptions.Since he is playing like that now and not the quarterback we know from the superbowls,he needs to retire.

I watched the entire seahawks/Giants game this past year and even my friend that watched it with me,HE remarked how Eli was just throwing it up in the air to avoid taking a hit.since that is his new mindset,he needs to retire while he still has his credibility intact if he is going to keep playing scared like that.

If he doesnt turn things around and start playing with the same kind of courage he did in the superbowls again,starting this year,he is going to start losing respect among his teammates if he hasnt already.

Last edited:

I agree

I agree as well.That is indeed why he has been in the league ten years because until recently,he wasnt like that.However he IS like that now.Thats how he has been playing the last couple years just throwing the ball up in the air to get rid of it to avoid taking a hit resulting in interceptions.Since he is playing like that now and not the quarterback we know from the superbowls,he needs to retire.

I watched the entire seahawks/Giants game this past year and even my friend that watched it with me,HE remarked how Eli was just throwing it up in the air to avoid taking a hit.since that is his new mindset,he needs to retire while he still has his credibility intact if he is going to keep playing scared like that.

Elis offensive line was wiped out last year and so were his running backs

If that is what you want to judge his career on, go for it

Last edited:
thats no excuse to throw it up in the air just to get rid of it to avoid taking a hit.The real courageous ones under any circumstances will stand in there and be willing to take a hit to get a completion to move the chains.you would never catch tom brady under center for the giants throwing it up in the air like that just to avoid taking a hit.

So the only QBs you want in the NFL are those who ONLY throw passes they are sure will not be intercepted? You want no QB who is willing to push the envelope to win? You want only QBs who will lose yardage rather than take any risks?

That would be a pretty crappy QB indeed.

Maybe a good O Line would help?

I would take a 15 yd loss than a INT on any given sunday

He is not even the best QB in his division

Romo
RG3
Foles
Eli

1st SB.........6 years ago

2nd SB..........3 years ago............nothing since then

Missed the playoffs twice in between both SB's

How long since any of the others won SuperBowls?

Any NFL fan who is not a Giants fan would take all those QB's over Eli.

Even the Cowboys would take Eli over Romo

The other two are could be

I doubt RGIII will last two years and Fowles will be a backup by then. I predict that in three years Eli Manning will be the only QB of the four that is still with his team

Last edited:

I think he's way overrated, but that might be just because they beat the Pats. :lol:

I think he's way overrated, but that might be just because they beat the Pats. :lol:

Watch when he miss the playoffs again this year people will stay say........"but he has 2 SB"s lol

Eli missed the playoffs in 2012, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17

"But but he has 2 SB rings from 6 and 11 years ago" :D

Watch when he miss the playoffs again this year people will stay say........"but he has 2 SB"s lol

Let's face it, he's no Tom Brady, nor is he his brother, Peyton Manning. :D

Or

Big Ben
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo

Or

Big Ben
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo

Tony Romo??!!! Nooooo! :lol:

Screen-Shot-2013-03-30-at-7.22.27-AM.png

Forum List

Back