Why is abortion the way of the world?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
25 Cultures That Practiced Human Sacrifice

Because historically child sacrifice was the status quo

It's just who we are.

And it is for the same reason, which is material gain. Most women have abortions due to financial concerns. Likewise, pretty much all ancient religions sacrificed their children to the gods for such things as victory at war or fertile crops, etc.

Disagree with your title and OP linking ancient human sacrifices to abortion. The human sacrifices were generally of adults to appease their gods. Abortion is the murder of babies for convenience.

Disagree with your title and OP linking ancient human sacrifices to abortion. The human sacrifices were generally of adults to appease their gods. Abortion is the murder of babies for convenience.

Cite what I added up top.

Both were and are for financial reasons.

Cite what I added up top. Both were and are for financial reasons.

I still think that abortion and human sacrifice are apples & oranges. The sacrifices, mostly animals and crops, were to appease their gods, or as you cite for specific favors from the gods like to win a war or battle or to end a drought. The link you're missing is the old gods vs the new "all about me" generations.

I prefer to keep the argument about the babies' human right to life vs the inconvenience of the mothers. Gosnell and Cuomo are examples of mass murderers, not human sacrificers.

Cite what I added up top. Both were and are for financial reasons.

I still think that abortion and human sacrifice are apples & oranges. The sacrifices, mostly animals and crops, were to appease their gods, or as you cite for specific favors from the gods like to win a war or battle or to end a drought. The link you're missing is the old gods vs the new "all about me" generations.

I prefer to keep the argument about the babies' human right to life vs the inconvenience of the mothers. Gosnell and Cuomo are examples of mass murderers, not human sacrificers.

The God of the Bible was the only voice back then to speak against child sacrifice. Oddly, to do this the Bible used the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice his son Isaac, but only to have God stop him from doing so.

The message? Most don't see it, but it is a refutation that the God of the Bible is not about human sacrifice. Animals were then given to the blood thirsty killers to help appease them, but the Hebrew nation rebelled and began doing the same child sacrifice, after which God threw them under the bus with Assyrian and Babylonian occupations.

It's just who we are.

And it is for the same reason, which is material gain. Most women have abortions due to financial concerns. Likewise, pretty much all ancient religions sacrificed their children to the gods for such things as victory at war or fertile crops, etc.
In the old, old days, some cultures believed that the gods would be more moved and willing to "help" if they were given the most precious gifts of the people. There is no more precious gift than a person's child, yannow---like Isaac?
Today people are terminating pregnancies when they cannot afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the child in a decent fashion. It is called being responsible to not bring an unwelcome child into the world.

Abortion isn't the way of the world.

It's the way of the liberty-minded world.

Muslim theocracies, third world hellholes and Trump states try to ban abortion. The commonality among them is a hatred of liberty.

Abortion isn't the way of the world.

It's the way of the liberty-minded world.

Muslim theocracies, third world hellholes and Trump states try to ban abortion. The commonality among them is a hatred of liberty.
Duh, The commonality is a respect for life. Look at India's Hindi religion and Far East Buddhism as examples. Add in Christians as pro-life and there aren't many left but "me generation" pagans.

It's just who we are.

In the old, old days, some cultures believed that the gods would be more moved and willing to "help" if they were given the most precious gifts of the people. There is no more precious gift than a person's child, yannow---like Isaac?
Today people are terminating pregnancies when they cannot afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the child in a decent fashion. It is called being responsible to not bring an unwelcome child into the world.
OldLady, I cannot settle this issue with a cogent argument, and although I will never have to make a decision about abortion, I do not think I could do it. But neither can I speak for anyone else. Nobody is FORCED to have one. It should be a choice.
But I have an opinion on child sacrifice, and we are doing it still today. VietNam for example. According to the Pentagon Papers exposed by a very brave MSM, we sacrificed our boys and girls on the altar of national pride for years after we knew we our original reason for being there was wrong, and we did so in Iraq too. There are reasons for wars, but national pride only is not a good one. This also is a sacrifice to appease the god of pride we have created for ourselves.

It's just who we are.

because the right wing doesn't care about kids once they are born. it is not like we create Spartans with them.

It's just who we are.

Lucifer is The Lord of this World until after The Battle of Armageddon, and a couple other end times battles at which some point The Second Coming Occurs, and Jesus dethrones Lucifer, and takes back The Throne and Crown of Adam which was lost during the whole Garden of Eden fiasco.

Until this occurs, people will be selfish and wicked, and resist all attempts at protecting, respecting, and revering life.

Lucifer is The Lord of this World until after The Battle of Armageddon, and a couple other end times battles at which some point The Second Coming Occurs, and Jesus dethrones Lucifer, and takes back The Throne and Crown of Adam which was lost during the whole Garden of Eden fiasco.

Nice fairytale.

No, I don't think so. As much as you'd like to equate historical ritualistic human sacrifices of past civilization to modern day abortions, it just doesn't work. The former being a brutal and extreme side of the union of religion and government. The latter being an out patient medical procedure.

It's just who we are.

Until this occurs, people will be selfish and wicked, and resist all attempts at protecting, respecting, and revering life.
To my point of view, a woman who terminates a pregnancy that she knows she cannot care for properly IS revering, protecting and respecting life. A quality life.

Nice fairytale.

I wasn't talking about Evolution.

If you don't believe in Evil, trust me, it believes in you.

It's just who we are.

According to Christian Mythology, Lucifer was the Angel of Light. One of God's favorite creations.

I know that’s a controversial statement, but it is clearly against the word of God to take another person’s life, especially an innocent baby’s life.
God said He knit us together in our mother's womb, and He also said thou shall not kill. • Psalm 139:13 & Exodus 20:13 •

It is as clear as day anyone who’s willing to read their Bible. I don’t believe it is possible to say you are a Christ follower and you believe in the Bible then turn around and say that it’s a “woman’s right” to take her child’s life at the same time. They are a complete contradiction to each other.

It's just who we are.

To my point of view, a woman who terminates a pregnancy that she knows she cannot care for properly IS revering, protecting and respecting life. A quality life.

Clever Lie, but it's still a lie. Did you just get your profit sharing check from planned parenthood?

Forum List

Back