Why is abortion ever ok?

This is the part where Kosh shows up and calls me a far left drone...

Then UnCensored shows up and says I am a liberal who voted for Obama. Twice.

Why is abortion ever ok?

Ask a pregnant woman who has a legal right to one - if she chooses. You deranged NaziCons don't give a shit about the mental/physical/financial welfare of pregnant women who face such a difficult choice. Also, ask Roe v. Wade.

I don't mean to be argumentative or hostile. But I believe that an underage girl is legally not capable of consent. So having sex with that underage person IS rape. And I believe the law backs me up on that.

I'm not taking it as hostile, this is a place for debate no?

But some states disagree, and females often mature earlier than males.So an 18 year old male and a 16 year old female I don't really see a problem. Of course I am biased, because I have been there. But there were times where the female was pretty aggressive in getting me into the hay, that is not me raping anyone.

Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended. Because the LAST THING I want to do is pass judgement or anything like that. And yeah, a lot of young girls know what they want and it is asking an awful lot of a guy to be the one to say no. (I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's the way our society raises a lot of boys.)

So what percentage of abortions do you think come from these underage unions? I would think a lot of these unions that produce babies end up in the abortion clinic. Or being raised by woefully ill-prepared young girls.

I would consider that a good case for enforcing the law.

Illiterate trolls - just ignore then. They have smart keys to produce these words, so they can quickly respond to getting their ass kicked by logical debate. (it happens a lot - hence the smart keys).

ep. There are people walking around who think it is okay to murder other people. Lynch a negro? Why should THAT be illegal?

That's an absurd comparison.

Culling the herd. Nipping the bud. Weeding a flowerbed. If that is what you believe. Not my problem. I don't care if they get abortions. Most people I know believed that it was a baby from minute they knew it was conceived, and saw it as a wonderful addition to their lives.

Illiterate trolls - just ignore then. They have smart keys to produce these words, so they can quickly respond to getting their ass kicked by logical debate. (it happens a lot - hence the smart keys).

Says the far left drone that will not hold their own accountable..

:dunno: when is a political group forcing their moral standards on other people ok ?

No one is forcing their standard on anyone. The law is clear.

On the other hand, no one should force people to pay for them.

Bottom line is that you should never rely on others and you should make your own decisions and live with the consequences of your actions. That might mean making payments on the abortion clinic bill. The left has reminded us time and time again that we will pay one way or the other because if we don't pay for abortions, we pay to raise the child. One argument is that if young girls, or older ones, were mindful of the hardships that they'd likely be more careful. They don't have to have the kid, but if they thought they'd be giving up all the money from a summer job to a Planned Parenthood clinic, maybe they'd think twice about their actions. We're not animals and can certainly think for ourselves.

In cases of rape, the morning after pill is available as well as other methods. Maybe there should be a fund for victims of crime to help them cover costs.

I've never understood why the wealthy in Hollywood and other liberals never started a fund for birth control and abortions. Instead of forcing people to fund it against their beliefs, why not just have people voluntarily donate to a fund and it can be used to fund birth control for the poor who can't afford it? Sometimes these private charities are better organized than government programs. Someone needs to get on this right away.

You must understand that government is not supposed to interfere with religion. Abortion is a major sacrament for devout liberals, so to be against abortion is to intolerant of the religion of others. That makes you an incipient terrorist.

Feel better about it now?

You must understand that government is not supposed to interfere with religion. Abortion is a major sacrament for devout liberals, so to be against abortion is to intolerant of the religion of others. That makes you an incipient terrorist.

Feel better about it now?

Religious beliefs and practices cannot trump other protected rights under the Constitution.

I don't mean to be argumentative or hostile. But I believe that an underage girl is legally not capable of consent. So having sex with that underage person IS rape. And I believe the law backs me up on that.

I'm not taking it as hostile, this is a place for debate no?

But some states disagree, and females often mature earlier than males.So an 18 year old male and a 16 year old female I don't really see a problem. Of course I am biased, because I have been there. But there were times where the female was pretty aggressive in getting me into the hay, that is not me raping anyone.

Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended. Because the LAST THING I want to do is pass judgement or anything like that. And yeah, a lot of young girls know what they want and it is asking an awful lot of a guy to be the one to say no. (I'm not saying that's right, I'm just saying that's the way our society raises a lot of boys.)

So what percentage of abortions do you think come from these underage unions? I would think a lot of these unions that produce babies end up in the abortion clinic. Or being raised by woefully ill-prepared young girls.

I would consider that a good case for enforcing the law.

You have me between a rock and a hard place on that one. On one hand, I see it as human nature, it is hard to say no to sex. Has nothing to do with society, it is what we are born to do, can't shut it off.

On the other hand, I am now a parent, albeit an 8 year old girl, and shes far from that world at this point. But to imagine her doing what I did to girls when she is 14 I might go nuts ha. But realizing it is human nature, I will prepare her to at least be safe. You aren't gonna stop kids from screwing, that is like trying to prevent the sun from rising.

I admit it too, I was not that safe, I rarely wore condoms and that was irresponsible. I would hate to think that I sent a slew of teenaged girls to the abortion clinic. And I doubt it would be that many if any, maybe I got lucky. But I did send one there, that was a semi long term relationship and I felt horrible. She later got pregnant again, but we / she wasnt ready for that, we put her up for private adoption to a couple who could not have kids. We picked this couple out, not some agency. And she has pics of us and stuff, and is free to contact us we are in her records.

Last edited:
There is more scientific evidence that supports the "fetus is a human being" than there is to support the notion that it is not. It's just more convenient to think of him or her as something else when you want to kill it.

My definition would be when the fetus begins showing characteristics that are uniquely human. And I'm not exactly sure when that is, but that is when I would advocate extending legal protection.

Like what would that be? Define that. Farting, burping, complaining, what?

When the health of the mother is in danger.
People have a right to protect their own life - even if it means using deadly force.

That's the only time imho.
My question on that, what parent would sacrifice the child to save themselves.

I would. If a pregnancy was going to kill me I would preserve my life.

My cousin and his wife did just that. They went on to have 2 more children.

If my cousin's wife was denied the life saving abortion she needed, those 2 other children never would have been born.

If you want to die because your pregnancy went wrong that's your choice. No one is stopping you.

However you want to stop women from not dying because her pregnancy went wrong.

For your information forcing a woman to die that way isn't pro life.

A gut wrenching decision, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

Yes it was.

It was a very planned and wanted pregnancy. They had been married for 10 years and finally were financially able to afford to start a family.

In the 3rd trimester the cord got wrapped around the fetus' neck and strangled it. If she had not had that late term abortion should would have died from peritonitis. Or if she was lucky, she would have lived but been infertile and the next 2 children would never have been born.

I don't think very many people would have a problem with abortion for legitimate medical reasons.

There are some people that have a problem with abortion for rape because they don't think a child should be put to death because its father was an asshole.

There are very few abortions performed for incest.

The great majority of opposition to abortion is not for the 6% for medical, rape and incest. It is for the 94% that is done on demand for the sake of convenience.

Killing a child because it is somehow inconvenient to have it around is one of the most despicable acts that can be imagined and that is why many people opposes abortion on demand.

We are a very sick society for allowing it to happen.

Forum List

Back