Why is abortion ever ok?

Menerva Lindsen

Dec 18, 2014
I'm a Christian female. Knowing a good bit about gestation, I wonder why people turn to abortion. How is it justified? What is the thought process? It seems most of participants is pro choice." so it seems like a good place to find out just what people are thinking. We must find the very roots of the problem...
image.jpg

When the health of the mother is in danger.
People have a right to protect their own life - even if it means using deadly force.

That's the only time imho.

I'm a Christian female. Knowing a good bit about gestation, I wonder why people turn to abortion. How is it justified? What is the thought process? It seems most of participants is pro choice." so it seems like a good place to find out just what people are thinking. We must find the very roots of the problem...
image.jpg

Wrong question. Killing your own baby's never ok. But forcing a woman to carry her rapist's baby, or forcing a woman to stay pregnant when it means her likely death or serious injury is even worse. It's never "good." It's sometimes simply a better choice to make. Should remain legal but more tightly regulated limiting it to rape, and life/health issues. Not "because I'm poor." Tough shit, compared to the rest of the world the poorest American is still a helluva lot better off than 'middle class' in the 3rd world. Try doing without cable tv and cellphones and fast food if you're so poor.

People have a right to protect their own life - even if it means using deadly force.

My question on that, what parent would sacrifice the child to save themselves.

Usually if you're talking about abortion vs forcing the woman to stay pregnant and die the fact that the woman dies means the baby's gonna die too being too young to survive outside the womb. Young enough to abort, too young to survive without Mom in other words. So rather than loosing two people, you lose just the one. Simple if cruel mathematics.

"Because I'm pro-liberty" is the easy and obvious answer to why I'm not anti-abortion.

It really does come down to a matter of liberty. A woman's body does not belong to you, your church or your government, and some people will just have to learn to deal with that.

image.jpg

No one likes abortion.

However, why do you want women to die just because her pregnancy went wrong?

Do you realize that if the woman dies, so does the fetus?

I would. If a pregnancy was going to kill me I would preserve my life.

My cousin and his wife did just that. They went on to have 2 more children.

If my cousin's wife was denied the life saving abortion she needed, those 2 other children never would have been born.

If you want to die because your pregnancy went wrong that's your choice. No one is stopping you.

However you want to stop women from not dying because her pregnancy went wrong.

For your information forcing a woman to die that way isn't pro life.

image.jpg

Many women who find themselves pregnant before they are ready say and think they are pro life but when it happens to them at an inconvenient time they all of the sudden justify their abortion as being the only exception to the rule. Google the only moral abortion is my abortion and read the real stories. Stories of women who picket abortion clinics only to find themselves in the future getting one at that clinic.

Here is one thing for sure. Anyone who has gotten an abortion should not be able to call themselves a Christian because to a Christian that is murder. Or if a Christian gets an abortion, they think because they are remorseful and believe in Jesus that they will be forgiven. Christians all the time think they can commit adultery and lie but they'll be ok because they believe in Jesus. Am I right? So a Christian thinks they can get away with Murder if they have an abortion because they truly truly are sorry. It was just the wrong time for them. And if they had to do it all again, they would. Christians get a free pass on murder basically.

i myself don't believe in god. So I don't think life is so precious you can't snip it out in the first trimester. I can think of a lot of young poor women who should have had and in the future should have abortions rather than have those kids and not raise them properly. And don't say give them up for adoption because they won't. They'll just raise them improperly, below the poverty line, on welfare, and their poor ass kids will repeat the cycle or become criminals because they aren't raised right.

I say we give free IUD's to poor women who want them. They are better than the pill and rubbers and will cut down on abortions big time.

Prevention is always best and I do wish more make better decisions before being in a position to have such a medical procedure. No procedure is without risk.

I would. If a pregnancy was going to kill me I would preserve my life.

My cousin and his wife did just that. They went on to have 2 more children.

If my cousin's wife was denied the life saving abortion she needed, those 2 other children never would have been born.

If you want to die because your pregnancy went wrong that's your choice. No one is stopping you.

However you want to stop women from not dying because her pregnancy went wrong.

For your information forcing a woman to die that way isn't pro life.

A gut wrenching decision, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

Prevention is always best and I do wish more make better decisions before being in a position to have such a medical procedure. No procedure is without risk.

What sucks is that the religious right isn't interested in being pro free birth control that would certainly lower the number of abortions or mistakes or unplanned pregnancies. They need to compromise. IUD's are the answer for poor women who don't want to have accidents. They forget to take pills and rubbers break.

Those that say it's never okay. If a chick is raped, why the fuck would she want to bring a product of that into the world? I say it should usually be the woman's choice what to do. She's the one that has to carry it. And those of us that are parents, know what our women go through.

I guess you could consider me a pro choice conservative.

Those that say it's never okay. If a chick is raped, why the fuck would she want to bring a product of that into the world? I say it should usually be the woman's choice what to do. She's the one that has to carry it. And those of us that are parents, know what our women go through.

I guess you could consider me a pro choice conservative.

I don't even like talking about the extreme cases because it assumes that the young girl who just made a mistake shouldn't be able to get an abortion if she is not ready to have a baby or start a family.

Just two young dumb lovers who didn't wear a condom. She's about to go off to college, or she can not go to college and stay home and raise the kid.

If you are religious you can choose to have and raise the baby and figure it out with a child in your life. But if you are not religious you should be able to opt for an abortion. It should be their option. Morning after pill would be preferred but if its too late for that, a woman should have the choice to abort. Fuck everyone else's morality. Its your life lady do what you think is best.

Of course they should not have sex, and if they do wear a condom, be on the pill or insert an IUD and if that doesn't work the morning after pill but there are too many women in America that if this happened to them at the wrong time, I don't care what they say their position is, they would get the abortion too. So abortion must remain a safe and legal option for women.

And I hope no one ever has to have one. In an ideal world. But this aint no ideal world.

"Because I'm pro-liberty" is the easy and obvious answer to why I'm not anti-abortion.

It really does come down to a matter of liberty. A woman's body does not belong to you, your church or your government, and some people will just have to learn to deal with that.

Pass many laws dictating what people can and can't do with "their own bodies." Why should what they do do a 3rd party's body be any different? Don't ltet minors get tatoos, don't let people use narcotics as they please, don't let minors purchase alcohol, etc.

Killing your own baby is no more a woman's right, a privacy right or issue, or anything else but advocating the right to bash your own baby's head against the bathroom floor until it's dead because you didn't want the baby.

Until we use correct terms and call it what it is, it's going to continue being misrepresented as a something besides murdering your own child.

:dunno: when is a political group forcing their moral standards on other people ok ?

New Topics

Forum List

Back