Why I hate many Civilians - A Military-member's Manifesto

So a used car salesman is bitching about how stupid vets are today........lmao

Whatever floats your boat.

This car over here was garage kept, only driven to church on Sundays by a little old grandma.

:abgg2q.jpg:
I was smart enough to find a profession that pays $100k. That’s a good living in Michigan. And I work from home. When I don’t I’m 7 minutes from the office. No mortgage. No student loans or kids to worry about.

I will retire at 62. I’m doing pretty good.

I can ask the same of the other homeless peeps. And not all homeless are jobless. That just simply isn't true.

Inflation and gov't cheese might be a better understanding of that. Even as the Free loader train of unemployment extra money has ended.
Most homeless people didn’t graduate high school and certainly didn’t get the benefit of serving for 4 years.

I understand why they are homeless but not people who served for 4 years.

Remember that commercial? “We don’t need experience, we give it.” Not always.

You think inflation and free government cheese are why there are so many homeless vets? Maybe if blue collar jobs paid better.
I didn't specify vets only. But it effects us all when our dollar can't buy squat and housing costs go up 50 to 60'% since the plannedemic.

It also doesn't help the middle class as their wages don't go up and everything costs more as burger flippers get $15 plus and hour to say.....WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT.

When rent our housing prices explode they screw everyone equally.

I think the problem is more the fact that blue collar jobs don’t pay what they used to. And all those high paying manufacturing jobs are gone.
Blue collar jobs only don't pay as much in areas where illegals helped lower the rates. Insulation and Scaffolding being prime examples. Pay out there even now is the same as before the plannedemic. Per diem rates have gone up some to cover costs for travelling to work. Not all the jobs are back probably because it's hard as hell to get materials to do the job now.

It's taking us forever now to get basic products that we could get in a day before all this.

I was smart enough to find a profession that pays $100k. That’s a good living in Michigan. And I work from home. When I don’t I’m 7 minutes from the office. No mortgage. No student loans or kids to worry about.

I will retire at 62. I’m doing pretty good.
Good for you. Yet how does that make you an expert on slamming the vets on this thread. Which was the very point of the op.

btw........WE ARE WAY OFF TOPIC.

Most homeless people didn’t graduate high school and certainly didn’t get the benefit of serving for 4 years.

I understand why they are homeless but not people who served for 4 years.

Remember that commercial? “We don’t need experience, we give it.” Not always.
Yawn You are just attacking the military. Lots of folks are homeless because it costs so dang much. California is Blue as they get and are the worst .......

Good for you. Yet how does that make you an expert on slamming the vets on this thread. Which was the very point of the op.

btw........WE ARE WAY OFF TOPIC.
Well I’m trying to help us solve the misconceptions so you con vets stop hating civilians specifically us liberals. We support the troops not the mission.

I can’t believe there was a time someone would have the balls to disrespect the troops. People could hate viet nam but not take it out on the troops.

Like i said I’d go out of my way to hire a vet even pay them a little more because they served. Mad respect for that

You might as well try to be a flying camel.
You seem like a dick.
Yawn You are just attacking the military. Lots of folks are homeless because it costs so dang much. California is Blue as they get and are the worst .......
leave! Why are you in one of the most expensive states? Were you born there?

Same advice you give people who live in ghettos where there are no economic opportunities

Well I’m trying to help us solve the misconceptions so you con vets stop hating civilians specifically us liberals. We support the troops not the mission.

I can’t believe there was a time someone would have the balls to disrespect the troops. People could hate viet nam but not take it out on the troops.

Like i said I’d go out of my way to hire a vet even pay them a little more because they served. Mad respect for that
We don't hate civilians. Hang on. Let me ask my wife............Hey baby do I hate you because you didn't serve.

Nope........she didn't agree with you. We don't like the ones who trash us like we saw here on this very thread.

Well I hope you learned a little from this thread. As many jobs in the military are very advanced and have some of the best training there is on it.

We don't hate civilians. Hang on. Let me ask my wife............Hey baby do I hate you because you didn't serve.

Nope........she didn't agree with you. We don't like the ones who trash us like we saw here on this very thread.

Well I hope you learned a little from this thread. As many jobs in the military are very advanced and have some of the best training there is on it.
Erica Uleski fought to save her fellow service members as an Army medic in Iraq, working under brutal conditions to stanch bleeding, save limbs and bring back lives teetering on the edge.

But when she returned to Virginia Beach in 2007 after three tours in Iraq, she found her extensive combat medical experience had little relevance in the civilian health care world, largely because she lacked the required licenses. She was able to leverage her language skills to pivot to another career instead.

“You can tell all the stories you want,” Ms. Uleski said. “But if you don’t have the credentials, you don’t get work.”

They can. One year of community college, they can get credit for serving in the military. So then just go right into the one year program for CNC programming.

Maybe they will still have to do math and English but no electives, social sciences, humanities, etc.

LOL

I'm from Alabama........
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

But yes......Leaving California is smart.

Sounds like Detroit. where half the population moved out.

Alabama

Alabama is the fifth poorest state in the U.S., and 16.8% of Alabamians live below the federal poverty threshold – a noticeably larger percentage than the national average of 13.1%. ... While 28.4% of African American people and 32.2% of Latino people live in poverty, only 12.2% of white people do

Erica Uleski fought to save her fellow service members as an Army medic in Iraq, working under brutal conditions to stanch bleeding, save limbs and bring back lives teetering on the edge.

But when she returned to Virginia Beach in 2007 after three tours in Iraq, she found her extensive combat medical experience had little relevance in the civilian health care world, largely because she lacked the required licenses. She was able to leverage her language skills to pivot to another career instead.

“You can tell all the stories you want,” Ms. Uleski said. “But if you don’t have the credentials, you don’t get work.”
And. Medics don't have degrees. But after treating the wounded on the battlefield they probably have more experience than Nurses with degrees.

Either way........she would have to get the college after getting out to make the money. Or get a quick refresher and become a practical nurse.

Not all skills cross over. Many do. Even an electrician in the Navy is considered unqualified at first in the Industrial world, even though we have forgotten more than they know about electricity. But it didn't take long to learn how to bend conduit. and pull wire hook up and test instruments.

You adapt and learn. I'm an Instrument tech as well right now. Put in full automated systems and repair them. I went this route because you make more money. Marine electrician in repair.....is much more challenging than this. Commercial and residential electricians are amateurs to me. lol

Alabama

Alabama is the fifth poorest state in the U.S., and 16.8% of Alabamians live below the federal poverty threshold – a noticeably larger percentage than the national average of 13.1%. ... While 28.4% of African American people and 32.2% of Latino people live in poverty, only 12.2% of white people do
So. I make good money and the cost of living is low......until this dang plannedemic happened.

Now my money is worth less.............And without the gulf coast doing the heavy lifting in this country you wouldn't have the gas to drive around in.

LOL

I'm from Alabama........
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

But yes......Leaving California is smart.

Sounds like Detroit. where half the population moved out.

A majority of veterans say their military service was useful in giving them the skills and training they needed for a job outside the military – 29% say it was very useful and another 29% say it was fairly useful.

So 42% disagree with you.

Veterans who served as commissioned officers are much more likely than either noncommissioned offers (NCOs) or enlisted personnel to say that their military service was very or fairly useful in giving them the skills needed for a job outside the military

Some 16% say it took them more than a year to find a job, and 6% say they were not able to find one.

So. I make good money and the cost of living is low......until this dang plannedemic happened.

Now my money is worth less.............And without the gulf coast doing the heavy lifting in this country you wouldn't have the gas to drive around in.
I can ride my ebike to work and I work from home.

Like you guys said when bush sent all those manuf jobs overseas. Learn to adapt.

A majority of veterans say their military service was useful in giving them the skills and training they needed for a job outside the military – 29% say it was very useful and another 29% say it was fairly useful.

So 42% disagree with you.

Veterans who served as commissioned officers are much more likely than either noncommissioned offers (NCOs) or enlisted personnel to say that their military service was very or fairly useful in giving them the skills needed for a job outside the military

Some 16% say it took them more than a year to find a job, and 6% say they were not able to find one.

Choose your rate decide your fate. Jobs in the Navy are ratings. Each one being more adaptable to the outside versus the ones that don't.

So what?

Forum List

Back