Why I hate many Civilians - A Military-member's Manifesto

So even you admt that you care more for the feelings of foreigners than Americans If you feel that way maybe you should have stayed there.

I am actually a rather jaded individual, and highly cynical.

And to be honest, I largely laugh at things like "feelings". TO me, most times I hear something like that, I think of a world full of Karen's, screaming because the entire world is not to their liking.

Tell me great job, tell me I suck, once again I really could not care less either way. And 99% of the time it has not a damned thing to do with me, but that own person's political stance. And as I clearly said, I could not give a rat's ass about that. But when I was overseas, the thanks really did feel honest, as we were there protecting them.

But your obvious attempt at spinning it into something else is noted. So tell me, should I reject something, just because it was told to me by a foreigner? Please show me on the doll where the foreigner hurt you.

81rpXhmGxVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You know Jean Luke Picard from Star Trek? His father was a great military leader. But when he came home, he never amounted to much. Handyman at best. Minimum wage the rest of his life.
What the fuck is wrong with you? An old TV show?

Are you really trying to justify your nonsense with a fictional character? And a made-up back story about a fictional character that was never stated in any form of canon source?

Is this really your justification? You did not just jump the shark with that, you jumped the entire ocean.
Huh? I’m talking about the real man. He was telling the story about his father on Howard stern.

The American military is treated better than any Western military.

Have you seen all the free stuff you can get on Veteran's Day?

Sure, there are detractors, but the Frist Amendment protects them. And there's not a lot of detractors.

Stop whining.
Instead of saying we appreciate their service, which isn’t worth shit, why don’t we give them better benefits and why doesn’t corporate america go out of their way to hire more vets? what was the number? 37,000 homeless vets? And companies say they can’t find workers?

I know but that’s who he is to me. Or the guy on X-men

His name is Patrick Stewart. Holy hell, this alone shows the attention to detail and interest in actual research on your behalf is nonexistent.

His father also had serious issues with alcoholism, and was physically abusive to his wife. It is not like every abusive alcoholic was in the military.

And companies say they can’t find workers?

Different subject. But a lot of companies simply will not hire veterans.

Then you have the other big issue, how many of those "37,000 homeless veterans" are actually looking for jobs? I bet not many. Even if that is an accurate number, most are more interested in their drink and drugs than in getting a job and rejoining society.

His name is Patrick Stewart. Holy hell, this alone shows the attention to detail and interest in actual research on your behalf is nonexistent.

His father also had serious issues with alcoholism, and was physically abusive to his wife. It is not like every abusive alcoholic was in the military.
You must have listened to that Howard Stern interview too.

Most people that make it a career in the military fall into 2 categories.

1. Sense of duty. These are few and far between. Now this can be a negative as well as a positive because some of them are batshit crazy or under pressure from some family obligation.

2. Wanna be lifers. These are they guys that dont have a future as a civilian. They would never amount to shit without the military propping them up and providing them free shelter and rent. Their whole world revolves around the brainwashing you are constantly subjected to. Typically these guys wash out when they return to civilian life as they have no one holding their hands. They are angry and see everyone as an enemy.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

A lot of them do come home and find their way. Because they did learn responsibility in the service. They learned to respect authority. Not all of them, but most. And they gained confidence. They learned people skills. So they come home and people hire them because we respect that they did that. Put their lives on the line for 4 plus years. Told the government, "you own me" for 4 years. To do whatever you want with me. I would have to have no other options to do that. I know they will call me a coward but I'm sorry but I don't want to be a pawn in George Bush's fucked up game where he's better than the Queen because he will NEVER be taken out of the game. Only pawns and some rooks and occasionally a knight. But never the King Dick Chaney or Queen George Bush.

Anyways, a lot of what you say is true. They won't like it but it's true.

Different subject. But a lot of companies simply will not hire veterans.

Then you have the other big issue, how many of those "37,000 homeless veterans" are actually looking for jobs? I bet not many. Even if that is an accurate number, most are more interested in their drink and drugs than in getting a job and rejoining society.
True. Most of them are homeless because of their choices or bad behaviors. And they had more opportunities than the person who grew up in a ghetto and never got out. At least they got out. The military was supposed to be their out. But then all they did was peal potatoes or wash jets for 4 years.

If I made a claim like a lot of companies will not hire vets, I'd post a link. I can't believe that. Why is that? That's an excuse if you ask me.

But what the military does depends on who is in control at the time.
And just like the military should not have allowed itself to be used illegally like in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., the military should not allow itself to be used against the Posse Comitatus Act, inside the US, but it will.
It just depends on who is giving the orders.
It has always been that way.
Before giving evil orders the military, the corrupt executive always first does the propaganda campaign to make it popular enough.
Like we lied and made Saddam sound evil, with fake torture and gassing the Kurds claims.

For me to respect the military, it has to stand up for what is right, and to reject evil lies from a corrupt executive that wants to start an illegal war.
Until that happens, the military is not the good guys.
Isn't that Congress' job? To debate if the mission is just or not?

You must have listened to that Howard Stern interview too.

Actually not, I can't stand the arrogant twit.

But once I realized you were talking about the actor, it is not like that was some secret he only told to Mr. Stern. Sir Patrick has talked extensively about his past, and his father's drinking problems and abuse.

Last edited:
A lot of them do come home and find their way.

Try almost all of them.

Here, let's try some rough numbers. And I will use your numbers.

37,000 "homeless veterans".

Number of veterans on GWOT: In excess of 3 million.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but 47,000 out of 3 million is significantly less than 1%. Such a small percentage it is almost insignificant and is completely absorbed into any kind of probability of error percentage.

Yet you are saying "a lot of them come home and find their way". In reality, all of them come home and find their way, and only a miniscule percent fail and become drunk and drug using bums.

Yes, as always your obvious hatred and political baggage is visible in almost every post you make. And what is funny once again is that your hatred for things political has completely blinded you to the reality.

Actually not, I can't stand the arrogant twit.

But once I realized you were talking about the actor, it is not like that was some secret he only told tho Mr. Stern. Sir Patrick has talked extensively about his past, and his father's drinking problems and abuse.
He must like Stern. He went on and the interview went well.

I love Stern. You just don't get Howard. Even if he is arrogant he's justified. He is the King of all Media. Respected by the entire music and movie industry.

Maybe he's a little weird but his observations and questions are perfect. Funny show. Sorry you don't like it.

Forum List

Back