Why exactly does America need the Republican Party?

I see in you someone who has been well indocterated in the Democrat machine. God bless you when you finally find out the truth if you have the balls to keep searching. .

I only bring up the merits of Obama which are glaring. I am not concerned with the Democratic Party in general.

The US is trending towards a one party state like the PRI in Mexico. As the country becomes poorer and more non-white, the Democrat Party will become the entrenched majority party, with the GOP becoming an entrenched minority opposition party with little political power, primarily relying on corporate patronage(though they will receive less than the Democrats do as corporate interests back a winner) and the votes of Whites who don't rely on public services.

We might go belly up before that happens though. Who knows at this point. We could be looking at a USSR style collapse, or we could continue a slow slide, will see.

I don't think so because Obama care is waking people up. It is hitting the middle class were it hurts.. In there back pocket.

You have more hope than I. It's healthy to be an optimist I suppose. But I see no salvation through the ballot box at this point. Both parties are selling the American people out. Hope you are right though.

Last edited:
Tell me. What good has it done for this country? Tax cuts have been proven to cause more harm than good. That has always seemed to be their biggest selling point. Guess what? It wasn't tax cuts that created economic growth during Reagan's years. If it was, we would have seen massive job growth during Bush Jr.'s years. We didn't. Job growth was pitiful until Obama came into office. In fact, we wouldn't have had the economic collapse in 2008 in the first place if republican policies worked. 2.5x more private sector jobs were created in Obama's 5 years than in Bush's 8. Guess what saved the economy, Pubs? DEMAND side economics. That was Obama's stimulus package. It has proven to be much more successful than supply side. The obvious reason why the unemployment rate is higher under Obama is because the economic collapse happened 4 month before Obama was sworn in! Obviously the several millions of jobs we lost would translate into a higher unemployment rate in his years. Whether you cons want to admit it or not, Obama inherited a steaming mess. Luckily Obama's stimulus turned the free fall into growth. Unfortunately, we still have a way to go. Obama himself has admitted that. Slow is better than nothing.

Why Extended Federal Unemployment Benefits Boost the Economy

(Explains why tax cuts do more harm than good and why Obama's demand side economics were such a success).

Obama?s Numbers, October Update

More Jobs Created Under Obama Than Bush, Non-Partisan Report Finds | Politics And Regulation | Minyanville's Wall Street

Come on. This is the party that convinced their base that tax cuts pay for themselves. Knuckle dragging logic. I don't pretend that democrats are the heroes, but there is no denying that democratic economic policies have worked.

So tell me repubs. What do you have to show for yourselves? Reagan? Please. That was decades ago. Nowadays you got nothing. There is no evidence republicanism has done this country any good. Bush jr. drove this country into the ground.

Tell me what would Romney have accomplished? Government spending would have continued under his reign. Private sector job growth was already happening under Obama. And healthcare? RomneyCare? Tell me, what exactly made Romney/Heritage's healthcare system any better than Obama's? Answer: nothing. Why? Because it is the same damn plan!

Oh, and the massive income disparity in this country? The massive gap between the middle class and the wealthy? We can easily blame that on republicanism. Since 2009, 95% of income gains have gone to the wealthiest Americans despite the massive productivity that the lower classes have accomplished.

95% Of Income Gains Since 2009 Went To The Top 1%. Here's What That Really Means. - Business Insider

You need us to clean up after you make a mess of everything. :cool:

Why exactly does America need partisan ideologues?

Because no democracy has ever functioned without 'partisan ideologies'. Indeed that is what is good about democracy, it provides a framework in which inevitable sets of partisans can co-exist in peace.

One party states always end in the elite of that party turning into oppressors and greedy grabbers of the few goodies that their regimes produce.

I can agree in theory, but not in practice. Yes, "it provides a framework in which inevitable sets of partisans can co-exist in peace", I'm with you, but today's partisan ideologues are nothing more than narcissistic liars with absolutely no interest in co-existing in peace. They have to be honest brokers, serious contributors to the process and they are not. It's absolutely impossible to take anything a partisan ideologue says at face value -- how can any cooperation or progress come from that?

And we're seeing the results. Decay. Until some brave leaders arrive and move politics away from this behavior, the decay will surely continue.

OK but every society has had its share of narcissistic liars. The Romans bred some choice examples.

How are your brave leaders to solve this problem? Have a Supreme Leader, like Iran has, who decides who should be allowed to be a candidate? Self declared non-partisan centrists don't win many votes in any country.

Tell me. What good has it done for this country? Tax cuts have been proven to cause more harm than good. That has always seemed to be their biggest selling point. Guess what? It wasn't tax cuts that created economic growth during Reagan's years. If it was, we would have seen massive job growth during Bush Jr.'s years. We didn't. Job growth was pitiful until Obama came into office. In fact, we wouldn't have had the economic collapse in 2008 in the first place if republican policies worked. 2.5x more private sector jobs were created in Obama's 5 years than in Bush's 8. Guess what saved the economy, Pubs? DEMAND side economics. That was Obama's stimulus package. It has proven to be much more successful than supply side. The obvious reason why the unemployment rate is higher under Obama is because the economic collapse happened 4 month before Obama was sworn in! Obviously the several millions of jobs we lost would translate into a higher unemployment rate in his years. Whether you cons want to admit it or not, Obama inherited a steaming mess. Luckily Obama's stimulus turned the free fall into growth. Unfortunately, we still have a way to go. Obama himself has admitted that. Slow is better than nothing.

(Explains why tax cuts do more harm than good and why Obama's demand side economics were such a success).

More Jobs Created Under Obama Than Bush, Non-Partisan Report Finds | Politics And Regulation | Minyanville's Wall Street

Come on. This is the party that convinced their base that tax cuts pay for themselves. Knuckle dragging logic. I don't pretend that democrats are the heroes, but there is no denying that democratic economic policies have worked.

So tell me repubs. What do you have to show for yourselves? Reagan? Please. That was decades ago. Nowadays you got nothing. There is no evidence republicanism has done this country any good. Bush jr. drove this country into the ground.

Tell me what would Romney have accomplished? Government spending would have continued under his reign. Private sector job growth was already happening under Obama. And healthcare? RomneyCare? Tell me, what exactly made Romney/Heritage's healthcare system any better than Obama's? Answer: nothing. Why? Because it is the same damn plan!

Oh, and the massive income disparity in this country? The massive gap between the middle class and the wealthy? We can easily blame that on republicanism. Since 2009, 95% of income gains have gone to the wealthiest Americans despite the massive productivity that the lower classes have accomplished.

95% Of Income Gains Since 2009 Went To The Top 1%. Here's What That Really Means. - Business Insider

You need us to clean up after you make a mess of everything. :cool:

When are you going to realize rhetoric like this is not supported by facts whatsoever?

The US is trending towards a one party state like the PRI in Mexico. As the country becomes poorer and more non-white, the Democrat Party will become the entrenched majority party, with the GOP becoming an entrenched minority opposition party with little political power, primarily relying on corporate patronage(though they will receive less than the Democrats do as corporate interests back a winner) and the votes of Whites who don't rely on public services.

We might go belly up before that happens though. Who knows at this point. We could be looking at a USSR style collapse, or we could continue a slow slide, will see.

I don't think so because Obama care is waking people up. It is hitting the middle class were it hurts.. In there back pocket.

You have more hope than I. It's healthy to be an optimist I suppose. But I see no salvation through the ballot box at this point. Both parties are selling the American people out. Hope yo are right though.

The extreme left, both Nazis and Communists, NEVER see salvation through a ballot box. Their contempt for the people is absolute.

Another libturd post composed entirely of lies.

Because no democracy has ever functioned without 'partisan ideologies'. Indeed that is what is good about democracy, it provides a framework in which inevitable sets of partisans can co-exist in peace.

One party states always end in the elite of that party turning into oppressors and greedy grabbers of the few goodies that their regimes produce.

I can agree in theory, but not in practice. Yes, "it provides a framework in which inevitable sets of partisans can co-exist in peace", I'm with you, but today's partisan ideologues are nothing more than narcissistic liars with absolutely no interest in co-existing in peace. They have to be honest brokers, serious contributors to the process and they are not. It's absolutely impossible to take anything a partisan ideologue says at face value -- how can any cooperation or progress come from that?

And we're seeing the results. Decay. Until some brave leaders arrive and move politics away from this behavior, the decay will surely continue.

OK but every society has had its share of narcissistic liars. The Romans bred some choice examples.

How are your brave leaders to solve this problem? Have a Supreme Leader, like Iran has, who decides who should be allowed to be a candidate? Self declared non-partisan centrists don't win many votes in any country.

No, leaders, plural. This is such a mess that it will take multiple people, probably from multiple industries, to lead the way out of it.

Further, I agree that centrists can't very effectively "lead" either party. But then that assumes that partisans are simply incapable of being honest brokers. Admittedly, I have my doubts, but I don't think that partisanship and fundamental honesty have to be mutually exclusive. And that's where we are.

The system is okay -- although there are changes I'd love to see -- it's the people operating it that are causing so much damage.

Anyone who would advocate a single party system, anyone who would suggest the dissolution of one party over another, is a fool.

Agreed.

The last thing any country needs is a complete autonomy, with no checks and balances to insure that it is doing the right thing.

Single party rule is fine so long as it's the right party. Sure, we don't want that party to be the Communist party or the Democrat party, and for the same reason

Another libturd post composed entirely of lies.

Lol and yet you can't explain what makes them lies.

Tell me. What good has it done for this country? Tax cuts have been proven to cause more harm than good. Well that's a lie. Tax cuts have done harm to the government. Dems increased spending even though they had less coming in.That has always seemed to be their biggest selling point. and freedom Guess what? It wasn't tax cuts that created economic growth during Reagan's years. If it was, we would have seen massive job growth during Bush Jr.'s years. We didn't.we had 4-5% UE, retard Job growth was pitiful until Obama came into office.UE is huge under obama lying fuck In fact, we wouldn't have had the economic collapse in 2008 in the first place if republican policies worked. 2.5x more private sector jobs were created in Obama's 5 years than in Bush's 8. Guess what saved the economy, Pubs? DEMAND side economics. That was Obama's stimulus package. another lie, it didn't do shit, obama was told it didn't work and thought it was funny [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dFsNwiqOM]Shovel-Ready BS Obama - YouTube[/ame] It has proven to be much more successful than supply side. The obvious reason why the unemployment rate is higher under Obama is because the economic collapse happened 4 month before Obama was sworn in! its been 5 years and you pussies are still blaming Bush? cowardly fuck Obviously the several millions of jobs we lost would translate into a higher unemployment rate in his years. Whether you cons want to admit it or not, Obama inherited a steaming mess. Luckily Obama's stimulus turned the free fall into growth. Unfortunately, we still have a way to go. Obama himself has admitted that. Slow is better than nothing.

goddamn, you're a sheep

Four legs good
Two legs better

Why exactly does America need partisan ideologues?

^^This. WHY do we need parties at all? Washington warned us in his farewell speech to avoid them. Billy isn't a student of history, nor does he care. He's a partisan hack.

No democracy has ever functioned without parties. Anywhere. You may think that sad but it's true.

No dog has ever lived without fleas. That doesn't make fleas necessary for the health of the dog.

You have more hope than I. It's healthy to be an optimist I suppose. But I see no salvation through the ballot box at this point. Both parties are selling the American people out. Hope yo are right though.

The extreme left, both Nazis and Communists, NEVER see salvation through a ballot box. Their contempt for the people is absolute.

The National Socialists won through the ballot box, so you are wrong there.

Anyways, I don't see how what you are saying contributes to the discussion, all you are doing is engaging in hyperbole. Given the American people's track record with voting(the majority, not all), there is no reason to be hopeful in my opinion.

In fact, the American Republic was founded by men who had a great deal of contempt for the mob, and set up a system to curb it's power.

Can't speak to the history of Sweden though.

Well, America doesn't need decreasing spending on infrastructure, science or education. That's for damn sure!

What America does need is a party that fights for efficacy and the family. So it isn't all bad.

Sure it does, so long as spending on everything else decreases along with it.

Forum List

Back