Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

Too much of our tax dollars are spent on pork projects and equity programs.

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

You know what else is a pretty basic concept? The money earned from my personal labor, is MINE!

The other side believes that my money is only mine if the government says I can keep it....That's not right.
So what about all the government services you take advantage of such as K-12 schools, infrastructure, national security, emergency services? Should you benefit from those while also not paying taxes?

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

Explain how revenues have gone up after every major tax cut has been implemented, Simp.

You know what else is a pretty basic concept? The money earned from my personal labor, is MINE!
Sure..

Tell me how many votes you've cast for POTUS who bequeathed a smaller deficit to his successor than what he inherited.

Hayek4.jpg

Explain how revenues have gone up after every major tax cut has been implemented, Simp.
You’re referring to the increasing amount of revenue raw dollars each year. That number is going to go up regardless of any legislation being passed. Because of inflation, more dollars are needed each year for the value of the same program being paid for. That isn’t how you measure real revenue change. The only proper way to measure that is by computing it as a percentage of GDP. Tax cuts lower that percentage.

Cutting taxes increaes revenue to the government......not taking money from the people who know how to create it means they can use that money to grow their businesses higher more people and create more tax revenue...
To a point.....But who needs more money in the hands of people who did nothing to produce it, and won't produce anything with it?

You’re referring to the increasing amount of revenue raw dollars each year. That number is going to go up regardless of any legislation being passed. Because of inflation, more dollars are needed each year for the value of the same program being paid for. That isn’t how you measure real revenue change. The only proper way to measure that is by computing it as a percentage of GDP. Tax cuts lower that percentage.
Who is responsible for inflation?

Actually I’m all for cutting bloated spending like in our defense budget. I’m just explaining to you the other side of this.
Yep, when liberals need to show how they are able to cut spending, they always go after Defense yet say nothing about cutting spending on studies of the sexual impact of cocaine on Japanese quail.

To a point.....But who needs more money in the hands of people who did nothing to produce it, and won't produce anything with it?
Have you even seen an economics text?

Look up "marginal propensity to consume".

You people shouldn't be allowed to sweat unsupervised.

Yep, when liberals need to show how they are able to cut spending, they always go after Defense yet say nothing about cutting spending on studies of the sexual impact of cocaine on Japanese quail.
Do you know what part of discretionary spending goes to the Pentagon?

Forum List

Back