Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

You’re referring to the increasing amount of revenue raw dollars each year. That number is going to go up regardless of any legislation being passed. Because of inflation, more dollars are needed each year for the value of the same program being paid for. That isn’t how you measure real revenue change. The only proper way to measure that is by computing it as a percentage of GDP. Tax cuts lower that percentage.
In the OP you claimed tax cuts means less revenue, Simp.

The fact is revenues have gone up after every major tax cut. So what do you think the problem in with rising deficits?

I’ll give you a hint: Sp_nd_ng.

cbo%20tax%20revenues.png

Why do you idiots lie about about EVERYTHING?
Your graph in no way disputes my facts, Simp.

Try again.

The fact is revenues have gone up after every major tax cut. So what do you think the problem in with rising deficits?

Lol again you don’t understand how it works. More dollars each year is necessary to pay for the same value of a program. That is why that dollar amount goes up. That doesn’t mean it is a real measurement of revenue.

Stop saying stupid xit.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
So what about all the government services you take advantage of such as K-12 schools, infrastructure, national security, emergency services? Should you benefit from those while also not paying taxes?
No one said that taxes shouldn't be paid....But, I think we both know that Federal Government goes far beyond providing for the National Defense, and postal roads....And they don't own my labor....

BTW...It's hard to have a conversation with someone that thinks that the Federal Government is responsible for Schools, which I pay property taxes to my county for, or emergency services like Fire and Police which are also locally funded services....

Could you be a little more vague?

The "nature of the currency" in what way?
I don’t know. It’s a complicated subject really. Admittedly I can’t give you an informed answer. I know that Money printing can play a role but not necessarily. It depends on the circumstances. Sometimes money is printed just to replace old damaged money.

why don’t you tell use since you are pretending to know?

No one said that taxes shouldn't be paid....But, I think we both know that Federal Government goes far beyond providing for the National Defense, and postal roads....And they don't own my labor....

BTW...It's hard to have a conversation with someone that thinks that the Federal Government is responsible for Schools, which I pay property taxes to my county for, or emergency services like Fire and Police which are also locally funded services....
Lol i made no distinction between federal taxes vs the other forms. You are complaining about taxes in general.

See all you could do was back pedal when i explained all the government programs you utilize.

I don’t know. It’s a complicated subject really. Admittedly I can’t give you an informed answer. I know that Money printing can play a role but not necessarily. It depends on the circumstances. Sometimes money is printed just to replace old damaged money.

why don’t you tell use since you are pretending to know?
Oblige your correspondent to define "inflation"...

• Funny
Reactions: BWK
so how is there more revenue now than there was before?

Because every time they cut taxes, they increase spending. The increased spending results in more taxes being collected and remitted. The population is also growing, as are the numbers of people working.

Trump gave corporations the opportunity to re-patriate overseas profits and be taxed 10% on those funds as part of his tax cut package. Corporations repatriated billions of dollars parked in off-shore bank accounts, and the 10% they paid, boosted revenues for the next two years, but that was a one-time thing.

Actually, it isn't.

Duh....That's a given on just about any topic....Time to quit while you're behind, STFU and quit embarrasing yourself.
Lol oh so you can’t explain it either? Got it. Go ahead and google it and get back to me. We’ll just sweep it under the rug that you googled it beforehand.

Forum List

Back