Why doesn't meat help meat eaters be healthy?

I'm sure this has been said upstream, but I second whoever said that meat gets a bad rap. It's the carbs that are the killer.

Eat steak and raw spinach, some legumes, and eliminate all white food and you'll be healthier than Jim Fixx.

That's on the eater, not the food.

It's absolutely the food. Numerous studies have shown that the more meat / animal products a person eats, the higher their risk is for certain types of cancer and other preventable diseases. But people only want to hear what their itching ears want to hear, which is why high meat/fat diets are so popular these days.

But people only want to hear what their itching ears want to hear
the processing is something folks will not wish to hear, look it up and you'll quite likely consider becoming a vegetarian ......

anecdotally, i've served up farm fresh meats , no preservatives, not frozen, fresh kill that day to plate.

folks always ask 'why dos this taste different?'

~S~

It's absolutely the food. Numerous studies have shown that the more meat / animal products a person eats, the higher their risk is for certain types of cancer and other preventable diseases. But people only want to hear what their itching ears want to hear, which is why high meat/fat diets are so popular these days.
That's why meats, as well as other foods, should be eaten in moderation. Also, there's much more to health than food selection that needs to be addressed.

That's why meats, as well as other foods, should be eaten in moderation. Also, there's much more to health than food selection that needs to be addressed.
It can be argued that food selection is the most important part of health.

When you consider that heart disease can actually be reversed by diet alone it's hard to argue that diet is not a primary health concern

It can be argued that food selection is the most important part of health.

When you consider that heart disease can actually be reversed by diet alone it's hard to argue that diet is not a primary health concern
How, when, and how much, food one eats is actually as important as what one eats.

Heart disease risk can be reduced through improved diet, but not actually reversed substantially. A damaged heart will heal a little, but once clogged, arteries will largely remain clogged.

An idiot, fed media meat, has shown how ridiculous leftards are.

How, when, and how much, food one eats is actually as important as what one eats.

Heart disease risk can be reduced through improved diet, but not actually reversed substantially. A damaged heart will heal a little, but once clogged, arteries will largely remain clogged.
Diet can reduce the plaque in arteries.

Diet can reduce the plaque in arteries.

The reduction of plaque has been shown to be minimal and only occurs through dietary changes over extended periods of time. Although every bit helps.

The reduction of plaque has been shown to be minimal and only occurs through dietary changes over extended periods of time. Although every bit helps.
The catch there is that a healthy diet would have prevented plaque accumulation in the first place.

But it is also pretty much proven that the Ornish diet goes a long way to reversing heart disease and extending the lives of people

Although doctors say that meat is healthy, I do not know anyone who would benefit from meat-eating to be healthy. For example, my neighbor, a meat-eater, has disgusting skin, cellulite, and hardly climbs to the 3rd floor, and she is only 30. Plus she smells like dog.
Maybe she is affected by ptomaine in her intestines? Why can't meat eaters be healthy even though they have a "healthy diet"?
They just can't shut you down can they?

Although doctors say that meat is healthy, I do not know anyone who would benefit from meat-eating to be healthy. For example, my neighbor, a meat-eater, has disgusting skin, cellulite, and hardly climbs to the 3rd floor, and she is only 30. Plus she smells like dog.
Maybe she is affected by ptomaine in her intestines? Why can't meat eaters be healthy even though they have a "healthy diet"?
:cuckoo:

When it comes to food, the only ones that constantly twine and demand what people should eat or shouldn't eat, are non meat eaters.

I eat meat and I'm pretty damn healthy. I could probably stand to lose a couple pounds, but I'm in damn decent shape for a 60 year old guy.

I don't know a single meat eater who suffers the ailments you mention...

Thank you.

I am a meat eater as well. Other than a bit of high blood pressure (runs in my family) I am very healthy. A few extra pounds, but nothing that affects my lifestyle.

The predator cannot be happy, because he subconsciously feels guilt and realizes his insignificance.

I am a predator. And I am one of the happiest people I know. I eat meat. I hunt. I fish. And I eat what I kill/catch.

What I don't eat is fast food. That is as unhealthy as it gets.

I also don't spend a lot of time trying to convince others that my way is the only way.

Forum List

Back