Why doesn't God make himself obvious to us all?

When I say "obvious" I mean he is in plain site every day. Is it because he wants us to live our lives without knowing for sure that he exists? It would seem so, but why?
No it's against God's will for any human to look upon the face of God...Yeah he must be ugmo...

I think Moonglow is transcendantly channelling pagan afterlife messages again.
I was a Judean/Christian cleric slave..

Who do you think had to do all that damn calligraphy?

A scribe in your previous life?

Odds are, a person only gets one shot at living.
I'm reincarnated just like Jesus was....He lived before he died and then was reborn..
Except that his life was relevant.

No it's against God's will for any human to look upon the face of God...Yeah he must be ugmo...

I'm reincarnated just like Jesus was....He lived before he died and then was reborn..
Which one?

Which one?
You'd be more relevant if all your jokes were that good.

As the spirit children of God, we lived with God before coming to this earth. Those of us who stayed the course and believed and loved God while in his presence were allowed to come to this earth and receive bodies. There were those who did not stay the course and rebelled against God in our pre-mortal existence. They were cast out of heaven into this earth. There came a time when mankind were to be tested to see if they would follow after truth and goodness by simply hearing about it and having faith in it. I like Ding's post #2 where we were to exercise our freewill. Having a veil placed over our minds so that we cannot recall our prior existence with God, we were given the opportunity to choose good over evil as a principle more so than being in his presence and knowing of a surety that he exists. God wants us to learn to be good in and of ourselves. He wants us to do good for goodness sake and not simply because he exists. The concept of God is a representation of goodness and righteousness. It is a representation of love, justice, peace, selflessness, etc. etc. How much better of a person would we be if we were good beings because we believe in goodness and all that God represents rather than seeing God and doing good because he is there.

Those of us who have children know that when we are in their presence, they don't do much wrong. But when we are not there, how do they act? Do they still do what you would want them to do or do they do something else? There is an old saying, "When the cat's away the mice will play". At some point we need to grow further spiritually and start becoming a good being of our own volition. This earth life is just that. God is testing us to see what we will do without a perfect knowledge of his existence and to see if we will become good beings in and of ourselves. This earth life is a time for us to grow more spiritual than we were when we lived in his presence. We need to learn to walk by faith and put on the breastplate of righteousness and pick up the shield of truth and goodness and incorporate that into our very own characters. This is how God is helping us to become more like him.

John 20:26-29
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Which one?
Not everyone can play the straight man role and feed me lines, and since this is a written text form of expression I can do no sight gags..

Which one?
Not everyone can play the straight man role and feed me lines, and since this is a written text form of expression I can do no sight gags..
And I am grateful for that. But seriously, you're not that funny.

When I say "obvious" I mean he is in plain site every day. Is it because he wants us to live our lives without knowing for sure that he exists? It would seem so, but why?

God brought Moses to Egypt to deliver the Hebrew nation. It was there that he cast a rod on the ground that turned into a snake, turned the Nile into blood, cast plague after plague on the Egyptian nation until they relented to set them free. Then God spit the Red Sea in two so they could cross and escape the wrath of the Egyptian army following them only to watch them all drown as God closed the sea on them in pursuit.

No people could be more sure of a God that exists than the Hebrew nation, so the next thing they do is lose faith by building a golden calf to worship in his stead.

Shrug.

Also look at the story of Adam and Eve who walked and talked to God in the garden, yet they lost faith and ate the forbidden apple anyway.

So as we can see, it has done God precious little in proving that he exists. No, he wants us to place our faith in him instead.
Not true at all.

One must know God to love God with all their heart/ mind.

If you don't know God what do you have faith in if not just your imagination?

If I were to understand everything about God I would be God, which is not possible.

Now I may briefly meet someone but will not fall in love with them immediately, assuming they don't get me exited. (wink, wink)

The more you get to know someone the better you understand how they think and act, which is why we have the Bible and hopefully a Christian that walks the walk you can observe.

To love God then, is to embrace his judgments, his actions, and his service to mankind that led him to the cross and want that for yourself. It is also to hate wickedness that is self destructive behavior.

The first step though, is to recognize your faults and shortcomings and desire change. There is no coming to God if you don't see the need. Then a simple prayer will do to ask him to reveal himself to you, which includes study of his Word and receive what he has for you, which includes his sacrifice on the cross for your sins

Seek and you will find, knock and it will be open to you. Those that don't seek may find it, but if they are not looking for it, they will likely ignore or discard it.

As Churchill once said, men occasionally stumble upon the truth, but when they do they usually pick themselves up, brush themselves off, and continue on.

Which one?
And I am grateful for that. But seriously, you're not that funny.

Neither is God..

God brought Moses to Egypt to deliver the Hebrew nation. It was there that he cast a rod on the ground that turned into a snake, turned the Nile into blood, cast plague after plague on the Egyptian nation until they relented to set them free. Then God spit the Red Sea in two so they could cross and escape the wrath of the Egyptian army following them only to watch them all drown as God closed the sea on them in pursuit.

No people could be more sure of a God that exists than the Hebrew nation, so the next thing they do is lose faith by building a golden calf to worship in his stead.

Shrug.

Also look at the story of Adam and Eve who walked and talked to God in the garden, yet they lost faith and ate the forbidden apple anyway.

So as we can see, it has done God precious little in proving that he exists. No, he wants us to place our faith in him instead.
Not true at all.

One must know God to love God with all their heart/ mind.

If you don't know God what do you have faith in if not just your imagination?
Given the fact that ‘god’ as perceived by theists is the creation of man, the product of man’s imagination, there is no ‘god’ to ‘know.’

As the spirit children of God, we lived with God before coming to this earth. Those of us who stayed the course and believed and loved God while in his presence were allowed to come to this earth and receive bodies. There were those who did not stay the course and rebelled against God in our pre-mortal existence. They were cast out of heaven into this earth. There came a time when mankind were to be tested to see if they would follow after truth and goodness by simply hearing about it and having faith in it. I like Ding's post #2 where we were to exercise our freewill. Having a veil placed over our minds so that we cannot recall our prior existence with God, we were given the opportunity to choose good over evil as a principle more so than being in his presence and knowing of a surety that he exists. God wants us to learn to be good in and of ourselves. He wants us to do good for goodness sake and not simply because he exists. The concept of God is a representation of goodness and righteousness. It is a representation of love, justice, peace, selflessness, etc. etc. How much better of a person would we be if we were good beings because we believe in goodness and all that God represents rather than seeing God and doing good because he is there.

Those of us who have children know that when we are in their presence, they don't do much wrong. But when we are not there, how do they act? Do they still do what you would want them to do or do they do something else? There is an old saying, "When the cat's away the mice will play". At some point we need to grow further spiritually and start becoming a good being of our own volition. This earth life is just that. God is testing us to see what we will do without a perfect knowledge of his existence and to see if we will become good beings in and of ourselves. This earth life is a time for us to grow more spiritual than we were when we lived in his presence. We need to learn to walk by faith and put on the breastplate of righteousness and pick up the shield of truth and goodness and incorporate that into our very own characters. This is how God is helping us to become more like him.

26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
This fails as an appeal to authority fallacy.

God has made Himself obvious to everyone. Some choose to ignore God and believe lies. It's really as simple as that.
the ones who believe in god are the ones who believe lies...believe fantasy/dreams/myths

Faith is a key element to truly believing.
faith
strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
''truly believe''-- [ :laugh: ] as opposed to ''falsely'' believe??
wtf does that really mean?
you either believe or you don't
but how can you ''truly believe'' something that doesn't obviously show itself?

We need to learn to walk by faith ...

think again christian, you've had over 2000 years of mindless misdeeds expressing your faith, time to find the truth the Almighty is board to death with your phony, self serving religion.

Faith is a key element to truly believing.
faith
strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
''truly believe''-- [ :laugh: ] as opposed to ''falsely'' believe??
wtf does that really mean?
you either believe or you don't
but how can you ''truly believe'' something that doesn't obviously show itself?

If I were you I'd figure it out pretty fast...or not. Completely your choice.

If you read a Bible,and Israel history,it's obvious God is YHWH

So this is a club. You and Jesus. Sounds exclusive....
Open invite. You in ?

Forum List

Back