Zone1 If God Is All Powerful, All Knowing, and All Loving, Then Why Didn't He Create Us To Be Perfect Like Himself

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
If God has the power to do anything imaginable and knows all things, certainly He would have the power to make us to be exactly like himself. Certainly He would know how to make us perfect like himself, and if He truly loves us, then he would certainly make us to be the best we could be. So why did God create us as imperfect sinful beings instead of perfect beings just like himself?

Some have answered this by saying that God gave us free will and because of this mankind has chosen to be imperfect. However, this does not really answer the dilemma. If God created us to be perfect like Himself, then we would make perfect choices given that we are created to be perfect even as God is perfect. Does God have free will? Does God make bad choices?

As a Christian, how would you respond to this problem of imperfect and evil?

If God has the power to do anything imaginable and knows all things, certainly He would have the power to make us to be exactly like himself. Certainly He would know how to make us perfect like himself, and if He truly loves us, then he would certainly make us to be the best we could be. So why did God create us as imperfect sinful beings instead of perfect beings just like himself?

Some have answered this by saying that God gave us free will and because of this mankind has chosen to be imperfect. However, this does not really answer the dilemma. If God created us to be perfect like Himself, then we would make perfect choices given that we are created to be perfect even as God is perfect. Does God have free will? Does God make bad choices?

As a Christian, how would you respond to this problem of imperfect and evil?
he did,,

I see all that as making excuses for short comings and regretted acts,,

he did,,

I see all that as making excuses for short comings and regretted acts,,
Why is it an excuse? If God is all powerful, then wouldn't he have the power to create us perfect like himself? If God is all knowing, then wouldn't have the know how to create us perfect like himself? If God is all loving, then wouldn't he love us enough to create us perfect like himself? How is it an excuse?

If He did create us perfect, how is it that we make imperfect decisions and have short comings?

Why is it an excuse? If God is all powerful, then wouldn't he have the power to create us perfect like himself? If God is all knowing, then wouldn't have the know how to create us perfect like himself? If God is all loving, then wouldn't he love us enought to create us perfect like himself? How is it an excuse?
take a few minutes and think about what life/civilization would be like if we didnt have free will??

it would look like a world full of robots still living in a cave,,

take a few minutes and think about what life/civilization would be like if we didnt have free will??

it would look like a world full of robots still living in a cave,,
Does God not have free will? Why couldn't God create us with free will but also with perfect decision making just as God Himself has? God, in my estimation has free will and also makes perfect decisions. Could he not make mankind to be just like himself having free will and able with that free will to make perfect decisions with that free will?

Does God not have free will? Why couldn't God create us with free will but also with perfect decision making just as God Himself has? God, in my estimation has free will and also makes perfect decisions. Could he not make mankind to just like himself having free will and able with that free will to make perfect decisions with that free will?
remember god didnt create you and me,, he created adam and eve,,
we are a product of gods creation,,

what sense does it make for him to make a universe full of robots??

remember god didnt create you and me,, he created adam and eve,,
we are a product of gods creation,,

what sense does it make for him to make a universe full of robots??
Is God a robot? Has he ever made a wrong decision? Does God have free will? Why couldn't he make us just like himself? Why couldn't God make us to be like himself with a perfect knowledge and understanding so that we, of our own free will and choice, would make our decision to always choose the right?

Last edited:
Is God a robot? Has he ever made a wrong decision? Does God have free will? Why couldn't he make us just like himself? Why couldn't God make us to be like himself with a perfect knowledge and understanding so that we, of our own free will and choice, would make our decision to always choose the right?
what makes you think he wpouldnt have free will??
he made a mistake when he made democrats,,

god didnt/doesnt make us,,

whats right is a matter of perspective,,
do you think abortion is right?? some people do,,

what makes you think he wpouldnt have free will??
he made a mistake when he made democrats,,

god didnt/doesnt make us,,

whats right is a matter of perspective,,
do you think abortion is right?? some people do,,
I am not saying that God doesn't have free will. I am countering your robot argument that if God has free will and God has never made a mistake probably because he has a perfect knowledge and understanding, then why couldn't he create us with a perfect knowledge and understanding so that we would make perfect decisions with our free will just as he does?

So you don't believe that God created us?

True, what is right is a matter of perspective. But if you have a perfect knowledge and understanding like God, then you would always make a perfect decision. Mankind does not have that perfection! Why didn't God create us with a perfect knowledge and understanding (perspective) the same as He has? Would we not then all make the same decision and not commit sin and error?

I am not saying that God doesn't have free will. I am countering your robot argument that if God has free will and God has never made a mistake probably because he has a perfect knowledge and understanding, then why couldn't he create us with a perfect knowledge and understanding so that we would make perfect decisions with our free will just as he does?

So you don't believe that God created us?

True, what is right is a matter of perspective. But if you have a perfect knowledge and understanding like God, then you would always make a perfect decision. Mankind does not have that perfection! Why didn't God create us with a perfect knowledge and understanding (perspective) the same as He has? Would we not then all make the same decision and not commit sin and error?
how would you define mistake??

to know that you would have to know his intentions,,

Forum List

Back