Why does the Left blame Trump and not China?

"Chinese President Xi Jinping was aware of the coronavirus two weeks before he acknowledged it publicly, according to an internal speech published by state media, an admission that could fuel more criticism as China’s Communist Party faces intense international and domestic backlash for its handling of the deadly virus.

In remarks to top government officials earlier this month, Xi said he “issued demands about the efforts to prevent and control” the disease on January 7—two weeks before he made his first public comments about the virus on January 20.

The speech was published by state media in an apparent effort to show that Xi took charge of the country’s response from the beginning, but it may result in more criticism that the Chinese government didn’t sound the alarm early enough.

The Chinese officials have been facing unprecedented anger from citizens who say the government suppressed information about the severity of the outbreak early on."

Here's the worst part of the story:

"The Chinese public has focused their anger around the case of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was punished for attempting to warn the public about the dangers of the virus in December. Local authorities asked him to sign a letter acknowledging he made "false comments" after he wrote about the disease in his medical school alumni group on messaging service WeChat. Li later contracted coronavirus and eventually died on February 7, resulting in an outpouring of fury and grief over how he was treated."

Needless to say, many lives might have been saved had Xi Jinping and his cronies acted in the public interest instead of self-interest.

The image conscious Chinese government is under serious international scrutiny and appears to be bungling the opportunity to show "superpower competence".

Well, our economy and supply chain are intertwined with China but last I looked Xi Jinping isn't President of the United States. Donald John Trump is. And while China was essentially locked down by February 23rd, Trump largely did nothing from January 31st to March 13th...and that was only because of his disaster of an address two nights before and then the stock market tanking the next day. And voila, Pence and the experts out front on Friday.

I am sure there will be many questions for the Chinese government when this is all settled down. Maybe even repercussions but I wouldn't hold my breath. But the fact remains that the United States of America to my knowledge never waits for another country to do something before we act. Trump is President. He had his opportunity to do something. Starting on January 22nd in Davos. But, in the end, he just doesn't have anything beyond campaigner in chief in him. It was more important to shadow the Democrats running against him than it was to do his job. Something that could have effectively guaranteed his re-election...all before any votes were cast in the primaries.

Bullshit, you lunatics called him a racist for shutting down travel.

Hmmm...nope...didn't happen. Just like a lot of shit that comes out of the mouths of right wingers.
PolitiFact - Fact-checking whether Biden called Trump ‘xenophobic’ for restrictions on travel from China
yes he did, this is before Feb. 3, in Iowa. Trump had announced the China restrictions just days before. Video at link. Fact-checkers fail again.

And again regarding European travel

"Chinese President Xi Jinping was aware of the coronavirus two weeks before he acknowledged it publicly, according to an internal speech published by state media, an admission that could fuel more criticism as China’s Communist Party faces intense international and domestic backlash for its handling of the deadly virus.

In remarks to top government officials earlier this month, Xi said he “issued demands about the efforts to prevent and control” the disease on January 7—two weeks before he made his first public comments about the virus on January 20.

The speech was published by state media in an apparent effort to show that Xi took charge of the country’s response from the beginning, but it may result in more criticism that the Chinese government didn’t sound the alarm early enough.

The Chinese officials have been facing unprecedented anger from citizens who say the government suppressed information about the severity of the outbreak early on."

"The Chinese public has focused their anger around the case of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was punished for attempting to warn the public about the dangers of the virus in December. Local authorities asked him to sign a letter acknowledging he made "false comments" after he wrote about the disease in his medical school alumni group on messaging service WeChat. Li later contracted coronavirus and eventually died on February 7, resulting in an outpouring of fury and grief over how he was treated."

Needless to say, many lives might have been saved had Xi Jinping and his cronies acted in the public interest instead of self-interest.

The image conscious Chinese government is under serious international scrutiny and appears to be bungling the opportunity to show "superpower competence".
Because the left is a bunch of ignorant ass wipes that have no concept of reality,
They are blinded by their hate for Trump. The world would be a better place without them.

At least our country certainly would be.

It's just a media Hoax. It's not really that bad! I'm sure it will just disappear one day when it warms up a bit, like a miracle, poof it'll be gone.

China first notified the WHO on Dec. 31 about several cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan. A week later when they announced they identified it as a new virus, it had already started spreading outside of China.

Is the cause the wildlife farming and wet markets?

Well, our economy and supply chain are intertwined with China but last I looked Xi Jinping isn't President of the United States. Donald John Trump is. And while China was essentially locked down by February 23rd, Trump largely did nothing from January 31st to March 13th...and that was only because of his disaster of an address two nights before and then the stock market tanking the next day. And voila, Pence and the experts out front on Friday.

I am sure there will be many questions for the Chinese government when this is all settled down. Maybe even repercussions but I wouldn't hold my breath. But the fact remains that the United States of America to my knowledge never waits for another country to do something before we act. Trump is President. He had his opportunity to do something. Starting on January 22nd in Davos. But, in the end, he just doesn't have anything beyond campaigner in chief in him. It was more important to shadow the Democrats running against him than it was to do his job. Something that could have effectively guaranteed his re-election...all before any votes were cast in the primaries.

Hmmm...nope...didn't happen. Just like a lot of shit that comes out of the mouths of right wingers.
PolitiFact - Fact-checking whether Biden called Trump ‘xenophobic’ for restrictions on travel from China
yes he did, this is before Feb. 3, in Iowa. Trump had announced the China restrictions just days before. Video at link. Fact-checkers fail again.

Poor Jack is a true believer, his side can do no wrong.

The left admires China and they think the USA having an equal foe in the world will keep us in check...That is why Bill Clinton saw to it that China get missile guidance technology from us in the 90's....they do not and never have trusted America to do whats right....the left hates us and our founding documents....Just like how libs think about the middle east....they actually believe that Israel not having an equal enemy in that part of the world is not a good thing....this is what happens when you think with your heart and feel with your brain....

It's just a media Hoax. It's not really that bad! I'm sure it will just disappear one day when it warms up a bit, like a miracle, poof it'll be gone.

China first notified the WHO on Dec. 31 about several cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan. A week later when they announced they identified it as a new virus, it had already started spreading outside of China.

Is the cause the wildlife farming and wet markets?

Hard to say. The Market was shut down on the 1st of Jan. But the first cases of severe pneumonia from an unknown cause appeared in Nov.

Please watch your own videos...

In the first video he said a leader should be trusted and Trump had a history of histeria, xenophobia and fear mongering

There is nothing that he said not stopping travel... He said in the second video it would slow it down but would not stop it...

What kind of idiot are you to post videos that refute your argument.

Rahm Emanuel explained why years ago.

Well, I don't have a "side" but I can make observations about the direction of both political parties over the last 25 years or so. This Republican party (and the kooks that have invaded it) looks nothing like the one I left in 2000. And while the Democrats have their issues, I can be confident in saying that the country would have at least been prepared for this. Hell, I'll say we would have been prepared for this if Rubio, Cruz, or Bush were President. The virus originated in China, and it isn't Trump's fault for it making here. That's a product of the easily traveled world we live in. But his response and subsequent inaction are his fault. Period. No amount of right wing inspired deflection will change that.

The left admires China and they think the USA having an equal foe in the world will keep us in check...That is why Bill Clinton saw to it that China get missile guidance technology from us in the 90's....they do not and never have trusted America to do whats right....the left hates us and our founding documents....Just like how libs think about the middle east....they actually believe that Israel not having an equal enemy in that part of the world is not a good thing....this is what happens when you think with your heart and feel with your brain....
I remember when Hong Kong were staging protests and waving the American flag as Progressives all over the US were hesitant about speaking out against China.

Why?

$$$$

Biden and company are no different. They have many financial ties to China which is why they only blame Trump and not the Chinese government for the role in the spread of the virus.

And while the Democrats have their issues, I can be confident in saying that the country would have at least been prepared for this.

Then you better think again. During the DumBama administration, they were trying to defund the CDC by millions of dollars. Speaking of the CDC, they had the only test kits that the FDA approved of. When they started to use them, they found out they were defective and had to stop.

In better hands? Earlier this month when we were getting more information about this virus, the Democrats were trying to pass a bill that would stop the President from issuing travel bans. Does that sound like it would have been in better hands if they were in charge?

Our President is not king. He only holds one branch of our government. The big problem with this (and so many other things) are the countless bureaucracies in our country. Half of them don't need to be here, and the other half has way too much power.

You can spew your TDS until the sun goes down. Trump will be out of the White House some day. But if we don't do something about these bureaucracies, then something like this (or worse) will happen under any President.

Please watch your own videos...

In the first video he said a leader should be trusted and Trump had a history of histeria, xenophobia and fear mongering

There is nothing that he said not stopping travel... He said in the second video it would slow it down but would not stop it...

What kind of idiot are you to post videos that refute your argument.

Oh, please. You know that’s what he meant.
And no, he does not. The left has claimed every policy decision he has made is such! You guys have simply lost it.

And while the Democrats have their issues, I can be confident in saying that the country would have at least been prepared for this.

Then you better think again. During the DumBama administration, they were trying to defund the CDC by millions of dollars. Speaking of the CDC, they had the only test kits that the FDA approved of. When they started to use them, they found out they were defective and had to stop.

In better hands? Earlier this month when we were getting more information about this virus, the Democrats were trying to pass a bill that would stop the President from issuing travel bans. Does that sound like it would have been in better hands if they were in charge?

Our President is not king. He only holds one branch of our government. The big problem with this (and so many other things) are the countless bureaucracies in our country. Half of them don't need to be here, and the other half has way too much power.

You can spew your TDS until the sun goes down. Trump will be out of the White House some day. But if we don't do something about these bureaucracies, then something like this (or worse) will happen under any President.
Great post, and true.

Well, I don't have a "side" but I can make observations about the direction of both political parties over the last 25 years or so. This Republican party (and the kooks that have invaded it) looks nothing like the one I left in 2000. And while the Democrats have their issues, I can be confident in saying that the country would have at least been prepared for this. Hell, I'll say we would have been prepared for this if Rubio, Cruz, or Bush were President. The virus originated in China, and it isn't Trump's fault for it making here. That's a product of the easily traveled world we live in. But his response and subsequent inaction are his fault. Period. No amount of right wing inspired deflection will change that.

Been prepared for this? You can’t be serious! A much more comprehensive pandemic bill was passed after Trump took office. If it weren’t for his fast actions, everything would still be tied up in red tape! Educate yourself before blabbing nonsense.

Forum List

Back