Why does the Left blame Trump and not China?

"Chinese President Xi Jinping was aware of the coronavirus two weeks before he acknowledged it publicly, according to an internal speech published by state media, an admission that could fuel more criticism as China’s Communist Party faces intense international and domestic backlash for its handling of the deadly virus.

In remarks to top government officials earlier this month, Xi said he “issued demands about the efforts to prevent and control” the disease on January 7—two weeks before he made his first public comments about the virus on January 20.

The speech was published by state media in an apparent effort to show that Xi took charge of the country’s response from the beginning, but it may result in more criticism that the Chinese government didn’t sound the alarm early enough.

The Chinese officials have been facing unprecedented anger from citizens who say the government suppressed information about the severity of the outbreak early on."

Here's the worst part of the story:

"The Chinese public has focused their anger around the case of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was punished for attempting to warn the public about the dangers of the virus in December. Local authorities asked him to sign a letter acknowledging he made "false comments" after he wrote about the disease in his medical school alumni group on messaging service WeChat. Li later contracted coronavirus and eventually died on February 7, resulting in an outpouring of fury and grief over how he was treated."

Needless to say, many lives might have been saved had Xi Jinping and his cronies acted in the public interest instead of self-interest.

The image conscious Chinese government is under serious international scrutiny and appears to be bungling the opportunity to show "superpower competence".

Well, our economy and supply chain are intertwined with China but last I looked Xi Jinping isn't President of the United States. Donald John Trump is. And while China was essentially locked down by February 23rd, Trump largely did nothing from January 31st to March 13th...and that was only because of his disaster of an address two nights before and then the stock market tanking the next day. And voila, Pence and the experts out front on Friday.

I am sure there will be many questions for the Chinese government when this is all settled down. Maybe even repercussions but I wouldn't hold my breath. But the fact remains that the United States of America to my knowledge never waits for another country to do something before we act. Trump is President. He had his opportunity to do something. Starting on January 22nd in Davos. But, in the end, he just doesn't have anything beyond campaigner in chief in him. It was more important to shadow the Democrats running against him than it was to do his job. Something that could have effectively guaranteed his re-election...all before any votes were cast in the primaries.

Bullshit, you lunatics called him a racist for shutting down travel.

Hmmm...nope...didn't happen. Just like a lot of shit that comes out of the mouths of right wingers.
PolitiFact - Fact-checking whether Biden called Trump ‘xenophobic’ for restrictions on travel from China

You liars crack me up. It's all hidden away in your code. "immigration" Ongoing war against immigration is code for Trump is a racist. Just like the wall is racists. The best part is your feigned outrage is what's going to get Trump reelected. Enjoy!

"In response to the travel ban, Schumer tweeted on Feb. 5, “The premature travel ban to and from China by the current administration is just an excuse to further his ongoing was against immigrants. There must be a check and Balance (sic) on these restrictions.”
With liberals EVERYTHING is political

"Chinese President Xi Jinping was aware of the coronavirus two weeks before he acknowledged it publicly, according to an internal speech published by state media, an admission that could fuel more criticism as China’s Communist Party faces intense international and domestic backlash for its handling of the deadly virus.

In remarks to top government officials earlier this month, Xi said he “issued demands about the efforts to prevent and control” the disease on January 7—two weeks before he made his first public comments about the virus on January 20.

The speech was published by state media in an apparent effort to show that Xi took charge of the country’s response from the beginning, but it may result in more criticism that the Chinese government didn’t sound the alarm early enough.

The Chinese officials have been facing unprecedented anger from citizens who say the government suppressed information about the severity of the outbreak early on."

"The Chinese public has focused their anger around the case of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was punished for attempting to warn the public about the dangers of the virus in December. Local authorities asked him to sign a letter acknowledging he made "false comments" after he wrote about the disease in his medical school alumni group on messaging service WeChat. Li later contracted coronavirus and eventually died on February 7, resulting in an outpouring of fury and grief over how he was treated."

Needless to say, many lives might have been saved had Xi Jinping and his cronies acted in the public interest instead of self-interest.

The image conscious Chinese government is under serious international scrutiny and appears to be bungling the opportunity to show "superpower competence".

Well, our economy and supply chain are intertwined with China but last I looked Xi Jinping isn't President of the United States. Donald John Trump is. And while China was essentially locked down by February 23rd, Trump largely did nothing from January 31st to March 13th...and that was only because of his disaster of an address two nights before and then the stock market tanking the next day. And voila, Pence and the experts out front on Friday.

I am sure there will be many questions for the Chinese government when this is all settled down. Maybe even repercussions but I wouldn't hold my breath. But the fact remains that the United States of America to my knowledge never waits for another country to do something before we act. Trump is President. He had his opportunity to do something. Starting on January 22nd in Davos. But, in the end, he just doesn't have anything beyond campaigner in chief in him. It was more important to shadow the Democrats running against him than it was to do his job. Something that could have effectively guaranteed his re-election...all before any votes were cast in the primaries.

Hmmm...nope...didn't happen. Just like a lot of shit that comes out of the mouths of right wingers.
PolitiFact - Fact-checking whether Biden called Trump ‘xenophobic’ for restrictions on travel from China

Sorry, it did happen.

You liars crack me up. It's all hidden away in your code. "immigration" Ongoing war against immigration is code for Trump is a racist. Just like the wall is racists. The best part is your feigned outrage is what's going to get Trump reelected. Enjoy!

"In response to the travel ban, Schumer tweeted on Feb. 5, “The premature travel ban to and from China by the current administration is just an excuse to further his ongoing was against immigrants. There must be a check and Balance (sic) on these restrictions.”

A Tweet that I believe he deleted in light of what went on the immediate aftermath. And nowhere does he use the word racist.
Honestly, is the desperation to save Trump's presidency that great?

Cause we saw how much of an impact restricting travel had....almost none...because by the time it was implemented, it was already too late.

I don't blame Trump for the virus.

China could have done more about wildlife farming and wet markets.

Trump is at fault for
  1. Cutting the CDC budget and thus the team in China where SARS comes from
  2. Ignoring the Obama Administration warning and preparation for such a virus (Before Trump’s inauguration, a warning: ‘The worst influenza pandemic since 1918’)
  3. Ignoring his intelligence team warnings
  4. Constant Downplaying the Crisis to not only the Public but also State Administrators
  5. Lack of preparation
  6. Constant deflections
    1. Blaming Obama
    2. Blaming Democrats
    3. Blaming Media
    4. Blaming China
    5. Blaming Europe
    6. Blaming Governors
    7. Blaming Ford
    8. .....
  7. Lack of Leadership
    1. Failed to implement the Defence Production act properly
    2. He put Pence in charge we think but then interferes himself on the small decisions, Who is in charge?
  8. Calling it a financial crisis initially
  9. Flying the first people infected into US on a commercial plane to be met by unprotected Government Agents aCDC recommendations
  10. Constant turn over of staff in WH which has made a coherent response a real challenge
There is more... Will I keep going.

Sorry, it did happen.

Can you point out where the word racist was used? I hear xenophobia.

A Tweet that I believe he deleted in light of what went on the immediate aftermath. And nowhere does he use the word racist.

Cause we saw how much of an impact restricting travel had....almost none...because by the time it was implemented, it was already too late.

Ya, right. Actually, bullshit. You would have to argue that leaving the border open wouldn't have made a difference.

Tell the truth, you voted for Hillaryous, didn't you?

I don't blame Trump for the virus.

China could have done more about wildlife farming and wet markets.

Trump is at fault for
  1. Cutting the CDC budget and thus the team in China where SARS comes from
  2. Ignoring the Obama Administration warning and preparation for such a virus (Before Trump’s inauguration, a warning: ‘The worst influenza pandemic since 1918’)
  3. Ignoring his intelligence team warnings
  4. Constant Downplaying the Crisis to not only the Public but also State Administrators
  5. Lack of preparation
  6. Constant deflections
    1. Blaming Obama
    2. Blaming Democrats
    3. Blaming Media
    4. Blaming China
    5. Blaming Europe
    6. Blaming Governors
    7. Blaming Ford
    8. .....
  7. Lack of Leadership
    1. Failed to implement the Defence Production act properly
    2. He put Pence in charge we think but then interferes himself on the small decisions, Who is in charge?
  8. Calling it a financial crisis initially
  9. Flying the first people infected into US on a commercial plane to be met by unprotected Government Agents aCDC recommendations
  10. Constant turn over of staff in WH which has made a coherent response a real challenge
There is more... Will I keep going.

Anyone can write fiction but your attempt is pathetic at best.

because the chinese are going to help you mean nothing to me biden

Say hello to Mrs Claus for me

Ya, right. Actually, bullshit. You would have to argue that leaving the border open wouldn't have made a difference.

And she's relevant right now why? Because you Trump supporters are desperately looking for something to deflect from his massive failures?
Again, it was already too late.

One simple answer to the question.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. These Moon Bat haz it, It is a serious mental health issue and it will always result in the Moon Bats having their heads up their asses.

I heard one TDS afflicted Moon Bat recently that say that "Trump crashed the economy". Yea, there are Moon Bats that idiotic. Then they wonder why we ridicule them so much.

Sorry, it did happen.

2:38 kid, sorry

Sorry, it did happen.

2:38 kid, sorry

The video ends at 2:13 ace.
Try again.

And she's relevant right now why? Because you Trump supporters are desperately looking for something to deflect from his massive failures?
Again, it was already too late.

It's relevant right now because it shows how dumb you are.

Now back to the point. For you to argue closing the border didn't have an effect because the cat was already out of the bag suggests not closing the border wouldn't have an impact which we now know is failed logic.

But then again, libtarded logic is nothing but fail.

Utter bullshit...

To close the boarder you would have to close for every country in the world and stop any US citizens coming home... That would have stopped it as long as it wasn't there at that stage...

Stopping Chinese Nationals from flying directly from china when all direct flights had already been cancelled was only giving a false sense of security, not real security...

It's just a media Hoax. It's not really that bad! I'm sure it will just disappear one day when it warms up a bit, like a miracle, poof it'll be gone.

China first notified the WHO on Dec. 31 about several cases of unusual pneumonia in Wuhan. A week later when they announced they identified it as a new virus, it had already started spreading outside of China.

Forum List

Back