Why does the Left blame Trump and not China?

"Chinese President Xi Jinping was aware of the coronavirus two weeks before he acknowledged it publicly, according to an internal speech published by state media, an admission that could fuel more criticism as China’s Communist Party faces intense international and domestic backlash for its handling of the deadly virus.

In remarks to top government officials earlier this month, Xi said he “issued demands about the efforts to prevent and control” the disease on January 7—two weeks before he made his first public comments about the virus on January 20.

The speech was published by state media in an apparent effort to show that Xi took charge of the country’s response from the beginning, but it may result in more criticism that the Chinese government didn’t sound the alarm early enough.

The Chinese officials have been facing unprecedented anger from citizens who say the government suppressed information about the severity of the outbreak early on."

Here's the worst part of the story:

"The Chinese public has focused their anger around the case of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was punished for attempting to warn the public about the dangers of the virus in December. Local authorities asked him to sign a letter acknowledging he made "false comments" after he wrote about the disease in his medical school alumni group on messaging service WeChat. Li later contracted coronavirus and eventually died on February 7, resulting in an outpouring of fury and grief over how he was treated."

Needless to say, many lives might have been saved had Xi Jinping and his cronies acted in the public interest instead of self-interest.

The image conscious Chinese government is under serious international scrutiny and appears to be bungling the opportunity to show "superpower competence".
I don't know why you think that we on the Left can't blame China for its failures- and also criticize Trump for his failures?
Why do you Trumpkins think that your Dear Leader should be exempt from any criticism? I guess you are just following the lead of your "Man who would be King": “Because when they disrespect me, they’re disrespecting our government,” Trump said

Let me put it another way- why do the Trumpsters want to point the finger at China for what it did 2 months ago- and ignore what Trump has been doing for the past two months?

For the same reason that Trump kept crossing out the name of the virus- and using "Chinese virus" instead.

"Chinese President Xi Jinping was aware of the coronavirus two weeks before he acknowledged it publicly, according to an internal speech published by state media, an admission that could fuel more criticism as China’s Communist Party faces intense international and domestic backlash for its handling of the deadly virus.

In remarks to top government officials earlier this month, Xi said he “issued demands about the efforts to prevent and control” the disease on January 7—two weeks before he made his first public comments about the virus on January 20.

The speech was published by state media in an apparent effort to show that Xi took charge of the country’s response from the beginning, but it may result in more criticism that the Chinese government didn’t sound the alarm early enough.

The Chinese officials have been facing unprecedented anger from citizens who say the government suppressed information about the severity of the outbreak early on."

"The Chinese public has focused their anger around the case of Li Wenliang, a doctor who was punished for attempting to warn the public about the dangers of the virus in December. Local authorities asked him to sign a letter acknowledging he made "false comments" after he wrote about the disease in his medical school alumni group on messaging service WeChat. Li later contracted coronavirus and eventually died on February 7, resulting in an outpouring of fury and grief over how he was treated."

Needless to say, many lives might have been saved had Xi Jinping and his cronies acted in the public interest instead of self-interest.

The image conscious Chinese government is under serious international scrutiny and appears to be bungling the opportunity to show "superpower competence".

Well, our economy and supply chain are intertwined with China but last I looked Xi Jinping isn't President of the United States. Donald John Trump is. And while China was essentially locked down by February 23rd, Trump largely did nothing from January 31st to March 13th...and that was only because of his disaster of an address two nights before and then the stock market tanking the next day. And voila, Pence and the experts out front on Friday.

I am sure there will be many questions for the Chinese government when this is all settled down. Maybe even repercussions but I wouldn't hold my breath. But the fact remains that the United States of America to my knowledge never waits for another country to do something before we act. Trump is President. He had his opportunity to do something. Starting on January 22nd in Davos. But, in the end, he just doesn't have anything beyond campaigner in chief in him. It was more important to shadow the Democrats running against him than it was to do his job. Something that could have effectively guaranteed his re-election...all before any votes were cast in the primaries.

Bullshit, you lunatics called him a racist for shutting down travel.

Hmmm...nope...didn't happen. Just like a lot of shit that comes out of the mouths of right wingers.
PolitiFact - Fact-checking whether Biden called Trump ‘xenophobic’ for restrictions on travel from China

You liars crack me up. It's all hidden away in your code. "immigration" Ongoing war against immigration is code for Trump is a racist. Just like the wall is racists. The best part is your feigned outrage is what's going to get Trump reelected. Enjoy!

"In response to the travel ban, Schumer tweeted on Feb. 5, “The premature travel ban to and from China by the current administration is just an excuse to further his ongoing was against immigrants. There must be a check and Balance (sic) on these restrictions.”

A Tweet that I believe he deleted in light of what went on the immediate aftermath. And nowhere does he use the word racist.
Honestly, is the desperation to save Trump's presidency that great?

Cause we saw how much of an impact restricting travel had....almost none...because by the time it was implemented, it was already too late.

Ya, right. Actually, bullshit. You would have to argue that leaving the border open wouldn't have made a difference.

Tell the truth, you voted for Hillaryous, didn't you?

And she's relevant right now why? Because you Trump supporters are desperately looking for something to deflect from his massive failures?
Again, it was already too late.

LMAO! Ignorant and hateful is no way to go through life, Jack

Well, our economy and supply chain are intertwined with China but last I looked Xi Jinping isn't President of the United States. Donald John Trump is. And while China was essentially locked down by February 23rd, Trump largely did nothing from January 31st to March 13th...and that was only because of his disaster of an address two nights before and then the stock market tanking the next day. And voila, Pence and the experts out front on Friday.

I am sure there will be many questions for the Chinese government when this is all settled down. Maybe even repercussions but I wouldn't hold my breath. But the fact remains that the United States of America to my knowledge never waits for another country to do something before we act. Trump is President. He had his opportunity to do something. Starting on January 22nd in Davos. But, in the end, he just doesn't have anything beyond campaigner in chief in him. It was more important to shadow the Democrats running against him than it was to do his job. Something that could have effectively guaranteed his re-election...all before any votes were cast in the primaries.

Hmmm...nope...didn't happen. Just like a lot of shit that comes out of the mouths of right wingers.
PolitiFact - Fact-checking whether Biden called Trump ‘xenophobic’ for restrictions on travel from China
yes he did, this is before Feb. 3, in Iowa. Trump had announced the China restrictions just days before. Video at link. Fact-checkers fail again.

And again regarding European travel

Poor Jack is a true believer, his side can do no wrong.

Well, I don't have a "side" but I can make observations about the direction of both political parties over the last 25 years or so. This Republican party (and the kooks that have invaded it) looks nothing like the one I left in 2000. And while the Democrats have their issues, I can be confident in saying that the country would have at least been prepared for this. Hell, I'll say we would have been prepared for this if Rubio, Cruz, or Bush were President. The virus originated in China, and it isn't Trump's fault for it making here. That's a product of the easily traveled world we live in. But his response and subsequent inaction are his fault. Period. No amount of right wing inspired deflection will change that.

In your opinion of course. Both paries are filled with kooks and frankly the Dems are no better and no we wouldn't have been better off.

"Panic At First Sight" did not happen Dec 10, maybe the first Wuhan case, then an unknown. Within days, medical people were going public, getting reprimanded and getting called in to explain. Within Days, before 2020: China notified World Health Organization about the plague.

For its part, the Republican Party did initiate "Social Distancing" from the crowd of Trump supporters at the Trial, in January. The supportive Senators--Senator Paul comes to mind--were in fact in their crowding, coughing and sputtering nonsense mode even then! The Republican National Standard Bearer, Romney: Created the warranted Social Distance!

The concept of labeling the world cases, Communists: Would not arise until March(?), in the context of National Origins, somehow important to some people: Not yet here too long.

The records are public.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(In the prayers of the faithful, in crowded churches--allusions to the Kingdom of Heaven, Matt 24: 14-30! November does happen even every four years!)

You liars crack me up. It's all hidden away in your code. "immigration" Ongoing war against immigration is code for Trump is a racist. Just like the wall is racists. The best part is your feigned outrage is what's going to get Trump reelected. Enjoy!

"In response to the travel ban, Schumer tweeted on Feb. 5, “The premature travel ban to and from China by the current administration is just an excuse to further his ongoing was against immigrants. There must be a check and Balance (sic) on these restrictions.”

A Tweet that I believe he deleted in light of what went on the immediate aftermath. And nowhere does he use the word racist.

Cause we saw how much of an impact restricting travel had....almost none...because by the time it was implemented, it was already too late.

Ya, right. Actually, bullshit. You would have to argue that leaving the border open wouldn't have made a difference.

Utter bullshit...

To close the boarder you would have to close for every country in the world and stop any US citizens coming home... That would have stopped it as long as it wasn't there at that stage...

Stopping Chinese Nationals from flying directly from china when all direct flights had already been cancelled was only giving a false sense of security, not real security...

Well said. The ”air wall” or moat around the country Trump thought he was erecting when he correctly listened to Fauci and almost all our nation’s epidemiological experts and stopped tourist travel from China, created a false complacency in his mind and in the mind’s of many of his supporters. He then refused to listen to his experts when they warned that the virus had already and would certainly continue to reach our shores.

Trump thus frittered away a great time and information advantage we had (vis-a-vis China for example, where terrible bureaucratic errors and confusion reigned initially which can and should be blamed on Xi’s reactionary censorship and repression policies). The fact that Italy’s air ban was stricter and imposed earlier than our own, and that despite the travel restrictions the virus is now spreading more here and in Italy than in China (far further than Trump initially imagined possible) all proves our country’s travel restrictions, while correct, were totally inadequate by themselves.

Utter bullshit...

To close the boarder you would have to close for every country in the world and stop any US citizens coming home... That would have stopped it as long as it wasn't there at that stage...

Stopping Chinese Nationals from flying directly from china when all direct flights had already been cancelled was only giving a false sense of security, not real security...

Well said. The ”air wall” or moat around the country Trump thought he was erecting when he correctly listened to Fauci and almost all our nation’s epidemiological experts and stopped tourist travel from China, created a false complacency in his mind and in the mind’s of many of his supporters. He then refused to listen to his experts when they warned that the virus had already and would certainly continue to reach our shores.

Trump thus frittered away a great time and information advantage we had (vis-a-vis China for example, where terrible bureaucratic errors and confusion reigned initially which can and should be blamed on Xi’s reactionary censorship and repression policies). The fact that Italy’s air ban was stricter and imposed earlier than our own, and that despite the travel restrictions the virus is now spreading more here and in Italy than in China (far further than Trump initially imagined possible) all proves our country’s travel restrictions, while correct, were totally inadequate by themselves.

Problem with stopping the travel from China it would have had been done as of December 1st of 2019 when the outbreak started but it could not have been done because China Government hid the facts until they could not any longer at the end of December and by then many people had traveled in and out of that infected region.

China Government did not stop travel in and out of that region until late January which made it far late to contain the virus any longer and the Virus had gone internationally.

Also let remember Europe reaction when Trump stop flights from infected Country and how the left was agreeing it was a overreaction and let be clear had Trump stopped flights from China in early December you and the left would have called it racist and unwarranted!

So it matter not what Trump or the CDC could have done because anything this Government does will be wrong no matter what when it come to the fringe asshole left!

I don't know why you think that we on the Left can't blame China for its failures- and also criticize Trump for his failures?
Why do you Trumpkins think that your Dear Leader should be exempt from any criticism? I guess you are just following the lead of your "Man who would be King": “Because when they disrespect me, they’re disrespecting our government,” Trump said

Let me put it another way- why do the Trumpsters want to point the finger at China for what it did 2 months ago- and ignore what Trump has been doing for the past two months?

For the same reason that Trump kept crossing out the name of the virus- and using "Chinese virus" instead.

Simple, two months ago it was later January and it was December 1st that China Government knew they had a Pandemic on their hands and lied about it until a Doctor exposed the truth.

Also our Government had been offering assistance to China since early January and they refused back then and did not allow the WHO to do anything until early January.

You say Trump did nothing so stopping flights and having CDC issue warning and guidelines that even the Mayor of New York ignored at first was nothing to those like you and yes those warnings started in January and not March like many of you seem to believe.

The U.S. Government can be blamed for failures when it is warranted but this time all of you on the left that believe this is Trump fault are way out of line!

Trump comments did not help but behind the scenes stuff was being done and people were working on trying to get proper information from China Government that clearly hid the facts!

So as you ask why do those like me blame China Government for it failure it is simple because it is their damn failure seeing they knew what was happening and did very little to slow or control the outbreak within their country!

They knew they had a Pandemic in December and did nothing to truly slow the infected flow until late January when it was late to slow the virus on the World Stage.

Please say I am lying and none of that happened while blaming Trump for China Government failure!

The left admires China and they think the USA having an equal foe in the world will keep us in check...That is why Bill Clinton saw to it that China get missile guidance technology from us in the 90's....they do not and never have trusted America to do whats right....the left hates us and our founding documents....Just like how libs think about the middle east....they actually believe that Israel not having an equal enemy in that part of the world is not a good thing....this is what happens when you think with your heart and feel with your brain....

Thanks for tell us what liberals believe... You know there is plenty Liberals on this forum that tell us there actual beliefs rather that your feeble mids attempt.

Why do so many Trumpster spend so long telling us what other people think instead what they think... Is it because when you tell what we think everyone laughs...

yes he did, this is before Feb. 3, in Iowa. Trump had announced the China restrictions just days before. Video at link. Fact-checkers fail again.

And again regarding European travel

Please watch your own videos...

In the first video he said a leader should be trusted and Trump had a history of histeria, xenophobia and fear mongering

There is nothing that he said not stopping travel... He said in the second video it would slow it down but would not stop it...

What kind of idiot are you to post videos that refute your argument.

Oh, please. You know that’s what he meant.
And no, he does not. The left has claimed every policy decision he has made is such! You guys have simply lost it.

Actually he is very careful and measured in what he says in case people try and misquote him later...

Why do you have to lie to create negative tones, is it because you can't find anything in the truth? You know you have lost your integrity?

Biden is right when a man who has spread xenophobia and fear mongering in the past does these actions it does always bring up questions...

Boy who cried wolf, Undocumented Mexicans are more law abiding than regular US Cit, Syrian Refugees are not terrorists,....

This is the problem with lying so much, when you need the truth nobody believes you...

Even the Stock Market knew he was full of it and they knew he was lying and left him ...

“China Government is the cause of the spread of the virus and no one else.”

Was Mexico the only “cause” of the spread of the H1N1 Swine Flu pandemic that swept the world and infected 20% of the earth’s population? Shall we blame West African governments or rural tribesmen for Ebola?

Viral epidemics are a modern fact of life, and all the major governments of the world must learn from their failures.

China’s local, regional and central authorities screwed up initially, just as our government screwed up later. The Chinese were dealing with a mysterious new virus. Their still very inadequate local public health facilities were overwhelmed. Their cumbersome centralized bureaucratic political system proved incapable of responding rapidly enough. Though there was coverage in their own media of some of these failures and specifically self-criticism over the detaining of local doctors, the main blame for their failures falls squarely on XiJinping’s reactionary censorship and repression policies.

Yet their system did rapidly map the genetic sequence of SARS Coronavirus2 and gave it to the world early in January, allowing countries like South Korea to prepare tests and isolate carriers.

Last edited:

Utter bullshit...

Agreed...

I am no lover China they treat ethnic minorities like dogs.

But trying to call this the Chinese Virus was just juvenile... It was so stupid it is hard to comprehend in such a serious place such a silly comment...

If the virus came from Mars it doesn't stop by name calling. At that moment in time and now, China had the equipment in the proper volume to take on this virus.

Does Trump (or his Admin) explained that idiots will either blame and attack Chinese ethnic people or think they are safe because they are not chinese..

Utter bullshit...

Problem with stopping the travel from China it would have had been done as of December 1st of 2019 when the outbreak started but it could not have been done because China Government hid the facts until they could not any longer at the end of December and by then many people had traveled in and out of that infected region.

China Government did not stop travel in and out of that region until late January which made it far late to contain the virus any longer and the Virus had gone internationally.

Also let remember Europe reaction when Trump stop flights from infected Country and how the left was agreeing it was a overreaction and let be clear had Trump stopped flights from China in early December you and the left would have called it racist and unwarranted!

So it matter not what Trump or the CDC could have done because anything this Government does will be wrong no matter what when it come to the fringe asshole left!

Have you one iota of proof...

You think China is some super organised country where they saw a this virus come and they said lets tell no one... It was probably local incompetence and censorship.
Let me give general tip when it comes down between a evil mastermind or incompetence. Incompetence did it every-time.

As for flight bans Italy and US airlines banned travel before Trump did.

Trump cut the CDC budget which meant personal removed from China... HUGE SCREWUP...

The Obama Administration tried to warn the the Trump Administration but they ignored it... HUGE SCREWUP...

Utter bullshit...

Agreed...

I am no lover China they treat ethnic minorities like dogs.

But trying to call this the Chinese Virus was just juvenile... It was so stupid it is hard to comprehend in such a serious place such a silly comment...

If the virus came from Mars it doesn't stop by name calling. At that moment in time and now, China had the equipment in the proper volume to take on this virus.

Does Trump (or his Admin) explained that idiots will either blame and attack Chinese ethnic people or think they are safe because they are not chinese..

Trump calling it the China virus is because he is pissed off at what they did to the US. The day they learned about it, they should have restricted all flights going in and out of the country, alert all countries that had inbound and outbound traffic with China of what they found, and immediately share all their research of their virus with everybody involved.

But they didn't do that, they did just the opposite. They knew it would have a very negative impact on their already financially troubled country. So they kept it away from the public until they had no choice but to tell us. By then, thousands of people returned to their country with the virus.

Utter bullshit...

You think China is some super organised country where they saw a this virus come and they said lets tell no one... It was probably local incompetence and censorship.
Let me give general tip when it comes down between a evil mastermind or incompetence. Incompetence did it every-time.

Trump cut the CDC budget which meant personal removed from China... HUGE SCREWUP...

The Obama Administration tried to warn the the Trump Administration but they ignored it... HUGE SCREWUP...

I wish you people on the left would quit taking what Democrats say as Gospel, and checkout the facts yourself:

Trump’s Proposed Budget Cuts

It’s true that the president’s proposed budgets have included funding cuts to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — but Congress hasn’t enacted those cuts.

Sometimes Democrats accurately have said Trump “tried to cut back on the CDC,” as Sen. Amy Klobuchar said in the Feb. 25 debate in South Carolina. Former Vice President Joe Biden used harsher language in saying in a CNN town hall on Feb. 26 that Trump “tried to defund the CDC.” The president proposed reducing the CDC budget — some years by double-digit percentages — not completely defunding it.

But Democrats, including Biden, also have dropped the qualifier “tried” from their claims, saying uncategorically that Trump had reduced the CDC funding. On ABC’s “This Week” on March 1, Biden said: “They’ve cut the funding for the CDC.”

Utter bullshit...

I wish you people on the left would quit taking what Democrats say as Gospel, and checkout the facts yourself:

Trump’s Proposed Budget Cuts

It’s true that the president’s proposed budgets have included funding cuts to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — but Congress hasn’t enacted those cuts.

Sometimes Democrats accurately have said Trump “tried to cut back on the CDC,” as Sen. Amy Klobuchar said in the Feb. 25 debate in South Carolina. Former Vice President Joe Biden used harsher language in saying in a CNN town hall on Feb. 26 that Trump “tried to defund the CDC.” The president proposed reducing the CDC budget — some years by double-digit percentages — not completely defunding it.

But Democrats, including Biden, also have dropped the qualifier “tried” from their claims, saying uncategorically that Trump had reduced the CDC funding. On ABC’s “This Week” on March 1, Biden said: “They’ve cut the funding for the CDC.”

Facts be damn when the left can just say it is true while never admitting they are selling propaganda to further their agenda.

I have to start wondering when will the left Start saying Trump used bio warfare on China?

I mean they keep on making false claims about the CDC and how nothing was done until March and yet timeline of the Coronavirus 19 disputes this and shows it was China Government that was slow to take action!

In the link I provided it breaks down China Government actions and the rest of the World actions and anyone with any honest bone in their body can clearly see from December 1st until mid-January China Government did everything thing to prevent the World from finding out how serious the Pandemic was and China Government failure to secure the outbreak from leaving the infected region while allowing the World to be infected!

In the next link it will show that China Government started to waive tariffs on U.S. products that will help with the outbreak of the Virus and that issues obtaining medical equipment was already starting show up.

Also in that link it will show the U.S. and World actions after it was clear China Government failed to inform the World and Contain the outbreak of this Virus.

----

So as I have provided the links to show China Government failure you can bet the left will make false claims like they have saying China Government failure is not their fault but the doing of Trump incompetence when facts show not only is China Government is at fault but they are criminally negligent and should be held accountable for their actions!

Imagine for a moment the outbreak occurred here in the States under Trump watch and all that happened in China happened here does anyone believe the left would not call for Trump head?

Seeing they would mean those excusing China Government for it criminal negligence are doing so because of the hatred for Trump.

Now I will be clear I am not defending Trump words and what he had said so far but I am defending what the U.S. has done and offered to do while many on the left deny facts!

Forum List

Back