Why does israel get a free pass when it comes to apartheid?

Another of your LIES As it was always called east Jerusalem, or more precisely the old city and is were the Palestinians want to build their new government buildings. To do so they will need to destroy all traces of the Jewish temple. Do you support this act of wanton vandalism

The areas east of the old city were never considered part of Jerusalem.

These areas were never part of Jerusalem. Not under the Jordanians, the British, or even the Ottomans.

"East Jerusalem" is simply a made up term used to describe parts of the West Bank that were illegally annexed by Israel in 1968.

Cross-posted to my RootedCosmopolitan blog. This diary is meant to help clarify one of the more confusing points around the Israeli-Arab conflict. Bot...

Even the day before the Romans sacked the Temple?

Ancient history doesn't count. Unless of course you think The State of Israel is entitled to all the land from The Nile to The Euphrates. (which many nationalist extremists do believe)

Ancient history doesn't count. Unless of course you think The State of Israel is entitled to all the land from The Nile to The Euphrates. (which many nationalist extremists do believe)

When did they want that stretch of land?

I will also ask you once again...
How do you define Ancient History?

As a note, you SEEM to define Ancient History as anything pre-2010.

Now you're being dishonest.

I said the lands of "East Jerusalem" today were never considered part of Jerusalem under the Jordanians, the Brits, or the Ottomans.

Now you're being dishonest.

I said the lands of "East Jerusalem" today were never considered part of Jerusalem under the Jordanians, the Brits, or the Ottomans.

Please define "Ancient History".

Ancient History is a soft-and-fuzzy metaphor which can mean different things to different people in different contexts.

In this context, as commonly utilized, Ancient History can mean anything from the metaphorical Dawn of History (as opposed to PRE-History) to the conclusion of the times we loosely call 'Antiquity' - the end of the so-called Classical Era - generally understood to mean the timeframe of the fall of the Roman Empire in the West (concluding with the deposition of the last Western Roman Emperor, installed at either Rome or Ravenna), after which, we move into the so-called Dark Ages, and then into the Middle Ages, and so on...

Ancient History here seems to refer to the state of affairs that existed at the time in the region of modern-day Israel - the times of the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah and the Roman client-state kingdom of Judea, etc., when the Jews last dominated the region by population pressure, if not military and political control.

Yes?

Last edited:
I'd love to see a map of Jerusalem that includes the areas now called "East Jerusalem", from any time within that last 1,500 years.

I'd love to see a map of Jerusalem that includes the areas now called "East Jerusalem", from any time within that last 1,500 years.

Let those Arab villages that were incorporated into East Jerusalem become the Palestinian capital, but leave the Old City in Israel's hands.

Let those Arab villages that were incorporated into East Jerusalem become the Palestinian capital, but leave the Old City in Israel's hands.

How about letting an international regime made up of Muslims, Christians, and Jews from around the world, govern the city?

And peacenow has been subsequently shown to have LIED.
Any comment on the amount of land owned by the Jews in 1945 that they were forcibly expelled from by the Palestinians ?

Prove Peace Now lied. You have no proof at all. You just appear to enjoy falsely accusing people of lying.

Here you go the post from earlier that show they admit to getting the original figure wrong.

Peace Now claimed in November that 86 percent of Ma'aleh Adumim, which has more than 30,000 residents, was built on private Palestinian land.

After successfully petitioning the court to see the database, the group reported Wednesday that data show only 0.5 percent of the settlement is built on private land.

"The first report they released had major mistakes," said Captain Zidki Maman, a spokesman for the Civil Administration.

Can you read English as this says that the court allowed them access to a database that showed their original figure of 86% was wrong and they admitted that it should have been 0.5%. That is peacenow saying they were wrong not the Israeli government

TRY AGAIN LIAR as east Jerusalem is the old city

Legal Status of East Jerusalem and its Residents | B'Tselem

Between 1948 and June of 1967, Jerusalem was divided in two: West Jerusalem, which covered an area of about 38 square kilometers was under Israeli control, and East Jerusalem, which contained an area of some 6 sq. km, was ruled by Jordan

Israel illegally annexed the Old City and many more areas of the West Bank that were never part of the city of Jerusalem.

I have provided a map proving this but you of course ignored it because if counters your pre-conceived notion of truth and your irredentalist agenda.

Your attitude is why Israel gets a free pass to engage in Apartheid-like policies.

They lie and distort the truth. They ignore the truth when its put in their faces. They think they are immune from wrongdoing and call anyone who questions them a "Nazi anti-Semite".

What map as I have seen none by you. But even the Palestinians called the part Of Jerusalem east Jerusalem before Israel became a nation.

And subsequently they admitted that their figures were wrong and it was actually 0.5%.

They even think that 32% is greater than 40% they are so stupid. And you did not see this glaring error in the report ?

Their figures weren't wrong. Israel simply changed the data from "private land" to "state land".

How did all that land turn from private land to state land in such a short period of time?

Looks like Israel lied. They've been doing it since 1967 when they started stealing private land for military purposes in the West Bank and then using it for civilian settlements.

Again the report that showed they were wrong and admitted as much

Peace Now claimed in November that 86 percent of Ma'aleh Adumim, which has more than 30,000 residents, was built on private Palestinian land.

After successfully petitioning the court to see the database, the group reported Wednesday that data show only 0.5 percent of the settlement is built on private land.
"The first report they released had major mistakes," said Captain Zidki Maman, a spokesman for the Civil Administration.

The words of peacenow highlighted for you

What map as I have seen none by you. But even the Palestinians called the part Of Jerusalem east Jerusalem before Israel became a nation.

I posted a link with a map to the borders of Jerusalem today, under the Jordanians, and under the British.

None of them contain most of what is today called "East Jerusalem".

There is no evidence that the Palestinians ever called these areas "East Jerusalem". Its simply untrue and you have no evidence.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/DrSteveB/JerusalemBorders1923-2000-1.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back