A Gen Z Israeli explained why he's refusing to fight Hamas. Now Israel has sent him to military prison.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015

A Gen Z Israeli explained why he's refusing to fight Hamas. Now Israel has sent him to military prison.​

A Gen Z Israeli is going to military prison after refusing to enlist in the country's military amid its war with Hamas, saying he won't be part of an 'eye for an eye' cycle of violence.

Tal Mitnick, an 18-year-old from Tel Aviv, is one of several young Israelis defying Israel's mandatory military service, but he is the first to be sent to military prison during his country's war with Hamas. Israel invaded Gaza and declared war against Hamas after the militant group attacked Israel in October.

Mitnick was sentenced on Tuesday to 30 days in prison after refusing to enlist in the Israel Defense Forces, a spokesperson for the IDF told Business Insider.

In a lengthy personal statement shared with Business Insider, Mitnick said that he supports Palestinian people and does not want to contribute to Israel's attacks on Gaza.

"Before the war, the army guarded settlements, maintained the murderous siege on the Gaza Strip, and upheld the status quo of apartheid and Jewish supremacy in the land between the Jordan and the sea," Mitnick wrote in his statement.

"Since the outbreak of the war, we have not seen any call for a real policy change in the West Bank and Gaza, for an end to the widespread oppression of the Palestinian people and the bloodshed, or for a just peace. We are seeing the opposite: the deepening of oppression, the spreading of hatred, and the expansion of the fascist political persecution within Israel," he added.

I guess he's anti semitic.

A Gen Z Israeli explained why he's refusing to fight Hamas. Now Israel has sent him to military prison.​

A Gen Z Israeli is going to military prison after refusing to enlist in the country's military amid its war with Hamas, saying he won't be part of an 'eye for an eye' cycle of violence.

Tal Mitnick, an 18-year-old from Tel Aviv, is one of several young Israelis defying Israel's mandatory military service, but he is the first to be sent to military prison during his country's war with Hamas. Israel invaded Gaza and declared war against Hamas after the militant group attacked Israel in October.

Mitnick was sentenced on Tuesday to 30 days in prison after refusing to enlist in the Israel Defense Forces, a spokesperson for the IDF told Business Insider.

In a lengthy personal statement shared with Business Insider, Mitnick said that he supports Palestinian people and does not want to contribute to Israel's attacks on Gaza.

"Before the war, the army guarded settlements, maintained the murderous siege on the Gaza Strip, and upheld the status quo of apartheid and Jewish supremacy in the land between the Jordan and the sea," Mitnick wrote in his statement.

"Since the outbreak of the war, we have not seen any call for a real policy change in the West Bank and Gaza, for an end to the widespread oppression of the Palestinian people and the bloodshed, or for a just peace. We are seeing the opposite: the deepening of oppression, the spreading of hatred, and the expansion of the fascist political persecution within Israel," he added.

There were people who refused to fight in Vietnam and WW2 as well.

So what?

In fact, unless it was your lord and savior Joe Biden, you would probably refuse to fight for America.

So what?

In fact, unless it was your lord and savior Joe Biden, you would probably refuse to fight for America.
No, I would refuse to fight because I'm 62. But when younger, I would refuse to be sent into a foreign country to fight for a corporation. I will only fight if America is invaded.

What this shows is that people like you need to get some balance about this.

No, I would refuse to fight because I'm 62. But when younger, I would refuse to be sent into a foreign country to fight for a corporation. I will only fight if America is invaded.

What this shows is that people like you need to get some balance about this.
I don't believe you.

America is being invaded every day at the Southern border, yet you vote for people to continue that.

I don't believe you.

America is being invaded every day at the Southern border, yet you vote for people to continue that.
What you don't believe doesn't matter. There is no military invasion of America right now.

How times have changed. Remember when Bill Clinton said he would "pick up a rifle and die for Israel"? What is going on in the world today?

What you don't believe doesn't matter. There is no military invasion of America right now.
Drugs coming across the border kill more Americans every year than Americans that died during the entire Vietnam war.

America may not be at war with the cartels, but the cartels certainly are and you are one of their pansies.

You care nothing about your country.

When the Israeli authorities say that they understand, why ukrainians honor nazis because of the "complex history of the country" - it is scary!
I think the zionists in Israel have lost their minds and have completely forgotten about the holocaust organized by Hitler.....

When the Israeli authorities say that they understand, why ukrainians honor nazis because of the "complex history of the country" - it is scary!
I think the zionists in Israel have lost their minds and have completely forgotten about the holocaust organized by Hitler.....
How can the Zionist state be full of unarmed citizens that can be slaughtered without much effort?

Of all nations, every citizen of the Zionist state should be armed.

How can their government put them at such risk considering that the entire world seemingly wants them dead?

Lots of things don't add up.

30 days in jail is not enough

Take away his passport and deport him to Gaza

So what?

Cadet Bone Spurs called them suckers and losers..

How can the Zionist state be full of unarmed citizens that can be slaughtered without much effort?

How can their government put them at such risk considering that the entire world seemingly wants them dead?

Of everything about that day. the realization that those settlers weren't allowed to be armed was the most incredible to me.

He is not antisemitic. He sees things in the way the Israeli left sees things.

There is no oppression or Apartheid of Palestinians in Israel, or Gaza or Areas A and B, but that is how his mind sees it, just as very few others in Israel do.

The same would happen if there was a war on the US and the draft was reinstated and some drafted Americans refused to enlist, as they have done in previous wars.

So what?

The "So what" is that the wars in Vietnam and WWII were totally illegal and the draft is a crime.
Whenever a war is not defensive, it is always illegal and should be resisted.
Israel is obviously the bad guy who deliberately started it.
Why else would they have blown up the King David Hotel and murdered all the British peace-keepers unless it was their plan all along to wipe out hundreds of Arab native villages and illegally steal all the properties?

Israel has mandatory, universal, military conscription, so all Israelis are armed and trained.
And no one "wants them dead" but instead wants them to give back all the stolen properties they never paid for.

Drugs coming across the border kill more Americans every year than Americans that died during the entire Vietnam war.

America may not be at war with the cartels, but the cartels certainly are and you are one of their pansies.

You care nothing about your country.

Wrong again.
All the deaths from drugs are from the government's illegal "War on Drugs".
It is the government that prevents control or standardization that would prevent all the accidental deaths from overdose.

It is legal to make laws to defend the rights of individuals, but drug law, just like Prohibition, are not to defend the rights of anyone, but instead are to illegally impose dictates on others that government has no authority to make.

Of everything about that day. the realization that those settlers weren't allowed to be armed was the most incredible to me.

The Zionist settlers are well armed and guilty of murdering hundreds of Arab natives.
{...

Israeli Settlers Killing Palestinians: A History of Impunity​

When Israeli settlers kill Palestinians and don't get indicted: Eight cases of lethal stabbings and shootings that ended without a trial, investigation closed
...}

And this is from Haaretz.

The "So what" is that the wars in Vietnam and WWII were totally illegal and the draft is a crime.
Whenever a war is not defensive, it is always illegal and should be resisted.
Israel is obviously the bad guy who deliberately started it.
Why else would they have blown up the King David Hotel and murdered all the British peace-keepers unless it was their plan all along to wipe out hundreds of Arab native villages and illegally steal all the properties?
WRONG

Those were both perfectly legal wars and the draft is not a crime

Hamas started it

Decisions, decisions. Help commit genocide or languish in prison. Glad the man has a moral backbone. I'm sure someone will call me “anti-Semitic” but didn't I just compliment an Israeli?

Forum List

Back