Why Does Everybody Always Go Out Of Order?

Oh and I guess some people might get together and celebrate Veterans Day with a cookout or something, but if you guys will hold on for a second I need to take care of some business. BrokeLoser, I'm temporarily taking you off ignore to tell you in the words from the gym teacher off of SNL to shut the hell up! You're still pissed because I stopped talking to you after I started talking to Slade3200 and some other friendly liberals on here. Well, it's time to grow a pair and get over it already!! So, why don't you shut the ho, ho, ho, hole in your face while the adults have a decent conversation. ;) (And now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :D)

Oh yeah and my username does come from The Doctor Who show. :)
You Rock wifey… happy Halloween eve!!

There has been a mid-winter celebration since the beginning of time. Lots of drinking, screwing and eating by people who might not even survive until spring. Perhaps even a human sacrifice to make the sun come back. Pagans didn't fool around when it was time to party.
Well I guess because of the Lord's intervene, I guess that we will never know how much longer that party would or wouldn't have lasted.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Well I guess because of the Lord's intervene, I guess that we will never know how much longer that party would or wouldn't have lasted.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The bible says Jesus was born in the summer. Why are you celebrating his birth in the winter?

The Lord was born in an area where its summer all year because the location never sees any winter like temperatures.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The bible says Jesus was born during the time shepherds were living in the fields with their flocks. In the holy land that's the summer months. Celebrate Jesus then and let's put the Saturn back in Saturnalia.

^^^ The weather was no different during the remainder of the year and so how do you know that the shepherds weren't out there all year round including December 25th which is when his birth has been celebrated ever since?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ The weather was no different during the remainder of the year and so how do you know that the shepherds weren't out there all year round including December 25th which is when his birth has been celebrated ever since?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The early Catholic church just decided to place The birth of Jesus during the mid-winter pagan drunken orgy that was still popular in Rome at the time. While everyone was having a good time Christians were expected to conduct the same sort of sober prayerful vigil that you hold for a woman in the household while she is giving birth. Sounds like a barrel of laughs. That's why all the pagan stuff got added back in

Hey guys here's the link to my Halloween party!! :D It'll be starting soon. :)

The early Catholic church just decided to place The birth of Jesus during the mid-winter pagan drunken orgy that was still popular in Rome at the time. While everyone was having a good time Christians were expected to conduct the same sort of sober prayerful vigil that you hold for a woman in the household while she is giving birth. Sounds like a barrel of laughs. That's why all the pagan stuff got added back in
Oh well. If the Canadian folk can celebrate Thanksgiving Day on a completely different day compared to us here in the states, we can celebrate Christmas on December 25th whether the Lord was truly born on that very day or not.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back