Why Does Everybody Always Go Out Of Order?

I remember going to a party once....and this guy........he was walking around with this gorgeous blond of roughly 22 yrs. He was probably 45....balding....glasses....5 foot 4 inches....130lbs.....$3000.00 pin-striped suit with shoulder pads..........and I asked who he was......they said he was a trial lawyer.

Yep....figures.
I used to work on yachts in Palm Beach. Bunch of times I saw old geezers head out with a half-dozen chicks. Apparently asking a woman if she wants to party on your yacht is a pretty good pickup line.

Some people just can't wait for the big days, those who celebrate them that is. For me, tomorrow isn't just Halloween, but its also the birthday of one of my most favorite singers.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of Darryl)

I love the song......I just keep thinking most country is just the same 3 or 4 songs with different words.
In rock songs.....people are getting sued for using the same rifs they used in other songs.
I guess country writers simply ignore the fact they're so similar.

^^^ People in country music I believe are just touched that other people think that the stuff is worth ripping off in the first place. It lets them know how special what they came up with truly is. At least that is how I look at it. Whenever I hear "Sober" from the Little Big Town act, the song named "Cafe On The Corner" from the Sawyer Brown Band is the only song that comes to my mind.

God bless you and both acts always!!!

Holly (a huge Sawyer Brown fan)

Now I can see that some people just aren't into Halloween so I can see why you would overlook that, but I am making this topic because I see that people are making Christmas threads already,.. and I see all of your Thanksgiving and Christmas threads but I don't go out of order when it comes to the holidays as I discuss them one at a time. Although I can see why people skip Halloween as I already said,.. I don't know why a lot of people completely skip over Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas talk and stuff. I mean, being thankful for what you have is extremely important. Not that I don't love Christmas, but still that part I've never really understood. :/ Anyways, comes Monday I'll be more than ready for Thanksgiving discussions. :)
The ploy is obvious. Promoting Christmas early, for instance, is putting easily influenced people into a mood of buying early. This then results in them buying again.
So instead of waiting until perhaps the two weeks before Christmas and buying once, they're conned into buying again and again.
Understanding what's happening is the way to avoid being victim to excessive buying behaviour.

It's been that way for a long time. Forget the reason for the season as long as the retailers sell plent of junk. We are boycotting retailers this year and donating to charities and making gifts--Nothing is going to China or any other retailer.
The reason for the season has always been a drunken celebration that winter is half-over. Then the Jesus fan club tried to make it something else and have been complaining ever since whenever someone has some winter solstice adult fun.

We start seeing little hints in the stores around here in late September.
If he buys early once, he'll buy again later!
To know the merchant's tactic is to learn how to avoid it.

Socially responsible behaviour at work to put limits on capitalist greed?

The reason for the season has always been a drunken celebration that winter is half-over. Then the Jesus fan club tried to make it something else and have been complaining ever since whenever someone has some winter solstice adult fun.
What do you mean the Jesus fan club tried to make it something else? What notable enough not to mention life saving activity was going on at this time every year before the Lord's birth made the more solid difference?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

What do you mean the Jesus fan club tried to make it something else? What notable enough not to mention life saving activity was going on at this time every year before the Lord's birth made the more solid difference?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
There has been a mid-winter celebration since the beginning of time. Lots of drinking, screwing and eating by people who might not even survive until spring. Perhaps even a human sacrifice to make the sun come back. Pagans didn't fool around when it was time to party.

New Topics

Forum List

Back