Why do the God-haters persist?

I WILL GIVE YOU SOME HELP!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE ALMIGHTY GOD AND ALL others are demon inspired false so called gods!!!!

Which God is that? Jehovah, Allah, Buddah, Odin...

There are many gods, the Christian god is just one of many.

My catholic friend is sure all the other christian denominations will one day join the catholic church because it is the one true church. The born agains say the catholics have it all wrong because they are baptized at birth, not as adults so they never actually decided for themselves and got baptized. Our parents forced it on us, we did not go do it. In my 20's and 30's I might have gone and done it but now I would not go get baptized. Silly. That's how sure I am it isn't necessary. That's how sure I am GISMYS is wrong. I don't care about the other people who although they know all religions are bullshit and still believe in a god. I don't think that kind of thought is damaging. Of course unless the people who rule the god fearers continue to use god to divide us. Look at it from our side. We accept you guys even though you believe in an invisible man who loves us but sends us to hell for not believing in him when he has been in hiding for 2014 years. Come home dad! God is a dead beat dad. That's why he said in the 10 commandments honor your parents no matter how bad they are to you. Because he's the worse. I want my child support!:eusa_pray:

I WILL GIVE YOU SOME HELP!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE ALMIGHTY GOD AND ALL others are demon inspired false so called gods!!!!

My catholic friend is sure all the other christian denominations will one day join the catholic church because it is the one true church. The born agains say the catholics have it all wrong because they are baptized at birth, not as adults so they never actually decided for themselves and got baptized. Our parents forced it on us, we did not go do it. In my 20's and 30's I might have gone and done it but now I would not go get baptized. Silly. That's how sure I am it isn't necessary. That's how sure I am GISMYS is wrong. I don't care about the other people who although they know all religions are bullshit and still believe in a god. I don't think that kind of thought is damaging. Of course unless the people who rule the god fearers continue to use god to divide us. Look at it from our side. We accept you guys even though you believe in an invisible man who loves us but sends us to hell for not believing in him when he has been in hiding for 2014 years. Come home dad! God is a dead beat dad. That's why he said in the 10 commandments honor your parents no matter how bad they are to you. Because he's the worse. I want my child support!:eusa_pray:

ALMIGHTY GOD says atheist are FOOLS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Christianity is only correct that there is only one Almighty, that rules the Everlasting though is a product of the Everlasting as are all other beings.

anyone may someday become a god.

Expect for Islam...Allah; there is no god but Allah, the Ever Living, the Eternal One. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. He is the Most Exalted, the Most Great. [The Holy Qur'an, Surah 2:255]

Expect for Islam...Allah; there is no god but Allah, the Ever Living, the Eternal One. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. He is the Most Exalted, the Most Great. [The Holy Qur'an, Surah 2:255]

Can we get an MMA fight between God and Allah? I bet it would be BIG on pay per view.... Allah has to leave his pitchfork at home, though...

Christianity is only correct that there is only one Almighty, that rules the Everlasting though is a product of the Everlasting as are all other beings.

those three religions when put together and deciphered - then rewritten to include all the other religions make for a reasonable explanation for life after death.

those three religions when put together and deciphered - then rewritten to include all the other religions make for a reasonable explanation for life after death.

of course. People need a positive spin on their lift. They don;t want to hear...you die and turn into worm food. They want to know that if they're good they get into heaven and all the wicked people go to hell.

of course. People need a positive spin on their lift. They don;t want to hear...you die and turn into worm food. They want to know that if they're good they get into heaven and all the wicked people go to hell.

The question of life’s meaning and purpose is made no less important to an individual by not believing in a god. However, instead of asking “What is the meaning of life" an atheist might ask “What meaning, if any, can I give to my life?”.
Most things in life are worth doing for their own sake, they do not require a god. Satisfying curiosity, experiencing love and friendship, acting charitably, delighting our senses and achieving personal goals all provide an inherit sense of gratification and purpose. Conversely, religion deprives life of any personal meaning by turning it into a form of serfdom, in which our only goal is to appease the whims of a supposed creator and follow its ‘plan’. Any impetus to seek knowledge and explore is removed because all the supposed ‘answers’ are provided.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Life’s purpose is what we make it. I would suggest that one’s purpose is to ‘foster an environment in which the species can survive, either by passing on genes or stop global warming. Buddhism, which is fully compatible with atheism, suggests it is to “focus on the human potential to overcome suffering and achieve peacefulness”. Within each of our trillion cells we carry a genetic heritage, unbroken, stretching back over 4 billion years. The Universe, in it’s silent dwarfing beauty, may not care about human life – but we do. So our brief and improbable time here may best be spent experiencing its wonders together, not in indentured servitude to an imaginary celestial dictator.

The question of life’s meaning and purpose is made no less important to an individual by not believing in a god. However, instead of asking “What is the meaning of life" an atheist might ask “What meaning, if any, can I give to my life?”.
Most things in life are worth doing for their own sake, they do not require a god. Satisfying curiosity, experiencing love and friendship, acting charitably, delighting our senses and achieving personal goals all provide an inherit sense of gratification and purpose. Conversely, religion deprives life of any personal meaning by turning it into a form of serfdom, in which our only goal is to appease the whims of a supposed creator and follow its ‘plan’. Any impetus to seek knowledge and explore is removed because all the supposed ‘answers’ are provided.

In other words, followers of slaves to God.

What happened to the "Why do we fight science" thread? I think this topic goes hand in hand with that. We fight science because of religion.

This is why we persist. Science has demonstrably produced the most accurate and reliable models of the universe that mankind has ever known and it is upon these models that all modern technology, medicine and industry are based. Science keeps changing because the tools used to perform science keep improving. There are no absolute truths in science; all laws, theories and conclusions can become obsolete if they are found in contradiction with new evidence. However, as scientific theory is the highest honor any scientific principle can obtain, for they comprise all the evidence, laws and models relevant to an observed phenomena. The scientific method is not a single recipe: it requires intelligence, intuition, and creativity. It is an ongoing cycle, constantly developing more useful, accurate and comprehensive models and methods, but not necessarily discarding old ones. Unlike religious dogma, which presumes the truth, the scientific method is a self correcting process, an ever sharpening blade. The models used by science to explain observations and make predictions are simply the ‘most correct’ at the time. The greatest skepticism should always be reserved for inflexible positions whose proponents insist that they and their unbelievable assertions are above question and examination.

The greatest skepticism should always be for inflexible positions whose proponents insist that they and their unbelievable assertions are above question and examination.

Faith is absolute trust or confidence in a belief. Conversely, scientific theories are inherently falsifiable – meaning they can be proven wrong. Faith is an unjustified belief based on fantasy, superstition and wishful thinking.
Science converges on the truth via questioning. Its solutions and explanations do not differ between nations or cultures because they can be tested by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Whatever knowledge science produces is valid everywhere. Religion, on the other hand…If all knowledge of science was lost, someone could potentially figure it out again. Conversely, if every trace of religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created in exactly the same way again. Science is the pursuit of truth, not the presumption of it.

You continue to downplay human intelligence, implying it is similar to other animals, when that is not the case based on observed evidence.

You say it doesn't take special thinking to create placebos to downplay fears and the unknown, but since humanity is the only creature to do so, it would appear that is exactly what it takes.

But you are basing this on the assumption there is no God or spiritual nature to connect to. No... it takes real fucking moronic idiots to imagine something that isn't there in order to console fear and the unknown, and then do that their entire existence. They would have to completely abandon rational thought to do so. This is primarily why I don't believe that's what happened.

Even if other animals do that kind of thing, since they don't appear to have the complex languages that humanity does (yet another unique human achievement attributable to our intelligence), it would be hard to be certain of it.

We are certain that most mammals and primates DO have language and communicate. Crows have over 250 calls in their vocabulary and regional dialect. They can communicate to other crows about hostile humans and the other crows can recognize said humans without ever having seen them before, and this information is passed down generationally. Ants and bees communicate without language at all and do so to peak efficiency. Whales can communicate with each other for miles under the ocean... you tried doing that lately?

Because our actual "intelligence" is not that different. Some animals are more intelligent than us on certain things... do you know which flowers to pollinate and when? Do you know when there is a fire in the forest? Can you smell food 5 miles away? Can you put your body into a state of hibernation for the winter? Other animals do all kinds of amazing things with their intelligence, but they are not spiritually connected to something greater than self. They can't find inspirational motivation to push the limits of imagination and take their species where it's never gone before. Humans do this because we are spiritually connected.

And this is where you're just flat out wrong on numerous levels. The "observable evidence" is humanity, and how it is vastly different from everything including our supposed common ancestors. Spirituality was not invented and it didn't evolve into man. We humans didn't just pop onto the scene 100k years ago and start doing what no other creature before humans could do because of our superior brains. If that were so, we'd see other species evolving with similar characteristics, especially those who have been evolving much longer than humans. Why aren't the great apes at least developing language and chiseling out wheels from stone? The "observable evidence" suggests that humans have something the other animals don't, and that something is an intrinsic spiritual connection with something greater than self.

You said that courage requires fear. Now you are saying courage overcomes fear. If it overcomes it, then it can't require it. Courage is the opposite of fear, and if you want to pretend that isn't true or there is some other antonym we can apply, then so be it. I am NOT PLAYING!

I don't know why you think there would be no wars, murder or strife if everyone used logic and common sense. But okay, sometimes people do ignore common sense and logic, this thread is a good example of that. 88% of the fucking species hasn't ignored logic and common sense for all of our existence, unless we're all retards.

Besides, religion does provide answers to the unknown. What happens when you die? You go to some sort of afterlife, you are reincarnated, etc. How was the universe created? God did it. How should I live, what should I teach my children? Here, read this sacred text and follow these rules. Even if it's all untrue, to the believer it is not, so it has the same effect.

Hold on a minute... What happens when you die? Your physical organism stops living, but what happens to your spirit? This is unknown and no religion or science can provide evidence. How was the universe created? Science and religion don't have an answer. "God did it" doesn't answer the question. How did God do it? We don't know. How do I live, what do I teach my children... well what's wrong with teaching them to live like animals in the wild and survival of the fittest? Kill or be killed? That's how other animals deal with that question, it's not an unknown at all.

You're not presenting very good reasons for mankind to invent some imaginary thing that isn't real in order to answer questions that it either can't answer or doesn't need to answer. It makes no rational sense whatsoever.

I've repeatedly said that you may be correct, the point is that even if you are, the evidence for that is far, far from conclusive.

Well let's be clear, if anyone here had what we could all agree is "conclusive evidence" ...for ANYTHING... we would probably not be having this conversation. Maybe that point eludes you?

Even if there is a spiritual connection, it causes thinking in humanity we don't see anywhere else. Therefore, that would be 'special thinking' in this context.

If it takes 'real fucking moronic idiots to imagine something that isn't there in order to console fear and the unknown, and then do that their entire existence', and you don't believe that any religions are correct, then you are saying that is exactly what humanity has done, at the same time you say you don't believe they have done it. Perhaps the religions were created to try and explain spiritual connection, but they would still be made up.

Two things. First, communication and language are not the same thing. Humans can communicate without language, but out language allows the exchange of very complex ideas which we have not observed in other animals. 250 calls for crows? For animals, that's pretty impressive. How many different words are there in any given human language? Oh, and whales can communicate for miles? What the hell does that have to do with complex language?

There is a difference between instinct and reasoning. Do you think that each individual bee reasons its way to pick flowers? Is the sense of smell suddenly an outgrowth of intelligence; are animals with low intelligence unable to smell as well? Is hibernation based on intelligence, on the hibernating animal's ability to reason out the correct way to deal with winter? Other animals can do amazing things, but few of those things appear to be based on intelligence and reasoning or imagination. Why you are conflating every action or ability of a creature with its intelligence I have no idea.

Why would we see other species evolve the same intelligence as humanity? That assumes a direction behind evolution; some intelligence sees that human ingenuity works, and so will provide the same for another animal. You all too often make claims about evolution which, even with just a layman's understanding, are obviously untrue.

The observable evidence shows that humans have something other animals don't, we agree. You diverge from the observable evidence with your hypothesis that it is spiritual connection, whereas human intelligence, reasoning and imagination are things we have observed to work differently than in other animals.

Yes, courage requires fear. There must be fear if it is to be overcome! Without fear, how can one be courageous and overcome that fear? Feel free to continue to reply about it while claiming to not play. :lol:

Based on your own beliefs, a large percentage of humanity has ignored logic and common sense in believing the various religions, which you have said you think are false. Oh, but wait, believing in falsehoods makes perfect sense so long as you can relate it to spiritual connection, right?

You post as though fear of death, questions about the possibility of the afterlife, the creation of the universe and life, etc. are either already answered or not important enough for people to search out answers and comfort about. Are you serious? You say god did it isn't an answer....yet people have been satisfied with that as an answer to numerous questions throughout human history. Clearly, what you consider inadequate most people have disagreed with you on. On this issue you appear to be in agreement with the atheists and agnostics of the world.

The point about conclusive evidence doesn't elude me. You are the one who continues to make statements as though they are obvious facts without providing any real evidence of them. That's pretty much the theme of this entire thread. :lol:

What happened to the "Why do we fight science" thread? I think this topic goes hand in hand with that. We fight science because of religion.

This is why we persist. Science has demonstrably produced the most accurate and reliable models of the universe that mankind has ever known and it is upon these models that all modern technology, medicine and industry are based. Science keeps changing because the tools used to perform science keep improving. There are no absolute truths in science; all laws, theories and conclusions can become obsolete if they are found in contradiction with new evidence. However, as scientific theory is the highest honor any scientific principle can obtain, for they comprise all the evidence, laws and models relevant to an observed phenomena. The scientific method is not a single recipe: it requires intelligence, intuition, and creativity. It is an ongoing cycle, constantly developing more useful, accurate and comprehensive models and methods, but not necessarily discarding old ones. Unlike religious dogma, which presumes the truth, the scientific method is a self correcting process, an ever sharpening blade. The models used by science to explain observations and make predictions are simply the ‘most correct’ at the time. The greatest skepticism should always be reserved for inflexible positions whose proponents insist that they and their unbelievable assertions are above question and examination.

Indeed.

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

The greatest skepticism should always be for inflexible positions whose proponents insist that they and their unbelievable assertions are above question and examination.

EXAMIN ALL YOU LIKE BUT FACE THE TRUTH= AL,IGHTY GOD SAYS atheist are FOOLS!!! AND YOU?? I CHOSE TO BELIEVE GOD!!!

EXAMIN ALL YOU LIKE BUT FACE THE TRUTH= AL,IGHTY GOD SAYS atheist are FOOLS!!! AND YOU?? I CHOSE TO BELIEVE GOD!!!

Why do you believe despite the fact that any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims are non-existent at best, manufactured at worst. The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

And you do know if you were born in Saudi Arabia you would not believe the jesus story, right? Your parents would have brainwashed you with the mohammad/allah story and you'd be a muslim retard instead of a christian one like you are today.

Why do you believe despite the fact that any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims are non-existent at best, manufactured at worst. The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

And you do know if you were born in Saudi Arabia you would not believe the jesus story, right? Your parents would have brainwashed you with the mohammad/allah story and you'd be a muslim retard instead of a christian one like you are today.

ROFLMAO!!! WHAT ELSE DOES ANYONE EXPECT FROM A FOOL'S POST????????? THE HOLYBIBLE IS GOD INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) AND IS " self-authenticating". Bible prophecy is a great proof that the bible is GOD'S TRUTH. NO MAN overv 2000 years ago could tell us about the future in such detail and be 100% RIGHT ON!!! THINK!!!!

ROFLMAO!!! WHAT ELSE DOES ANYONE EXPECT FROM A FOOL'S POST????????? THE HOLYBIBLE IS GOD INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) AND IS " self-authenticating". Bible prophecy is a great proof that the bible is GOD'S TRUTH. NO MAN overv 2000 years ago could tell us about the future in such detail and be 100% RIGHT ON!!! THINK!!!!

Well...what did the bible predict?

Well...what did the bible predict?

""Well...what did the bible predict?"" WOW!!! THE BIBLE TELLS US THE FUTURE EVENTS IN GREAT DETAIL. THE NEXT BIG EVENTS ARE WWIII,THE RAPTURE,THE 31/2 YEARS OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION, THE RETURN OF JESUS TO EARTHND THE START OF ETERNITY ON A RE-NEWED TO PERFECTION EARTH AND CREATION GIVEN TO US IN GREAT DETAIL

Forum List

Back