Why do the God-haters persist?

I've been bandying words with you, but truth be told, I can't decide if you're playing a caricature of the stereotypical religious nut or if you actually believe this stuff you're spouting.

ROFLMAO!!! WHAT ELSE DOES ANYONE EXPECT FROM A FOOL'S POST????????? THE HOLYBIBLE IS GOD INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) AND IS " self-authenticating". Bible prophecy is a great proof that the bible is GOD'S TRUTH. NO MAN overv 2000 years ago could tell us about the future in such detail and be 100% RIGHT ON!!! THINK!!!!

Well...what did the bible predict?

""Well...what did the bible predict?"" WOW!!! THE BIBLE TELLS US THE FUTURE EVENTS IN GREAT DETAIL. THE NEXT BIG EVENTS ARE WWIII,THE RAPTURE,THE 31/2 YEARS OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION, THE RETURN OF JESUS TO EARTHND THE START OF ETERNITY ON A RE-NEWED TO PERFECTION EARTH AND CREATION GIVEN TO US IN GREAT DETAIL

And none of this has come to happen yet. 2014 years and, not a single prediction has come true.

Did you not say that the rapture would soon be at hand...in 2013?

I've been bandying words with you, but truth be told, I can't decide if you're playing a caricature of the stereotypical religious nut or if you actually believe this stuff you're spouting.

I'm right with you, I suspect that GISMYS is the Westboro baptist of the board - his intent is to defame Christians by acting insane.

EXAMIN ALL YOU LIKE BUT FACE THE TRUTH= AL,IGHTY GOD SAYS atheist are FOOLS!!! AND YOU?? I CHOSE TO BELIEVE GOD!!!

Why do you believe despite the fact that any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims are non-existent at best, manufactured at worst. The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

And you do know if you were born in Saudi Arabia you would not believe the jesus story, right? Your parents would have brainwashed you with the mohammad/allah story and you'd be a muslim retard instead of a christian one like you are today.

ROFLMAO!!! WHAT ELSE DOES ANYONE EXPECT FROM A FOOL'S POST????????? THE HOLYBIBLE IS GOD INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) AND IS " self-authenticating". Bible prophecy is a great proof that the bible is GOD'S TRUTH. NO MAN overv 2000 years ago could tell us about the future in such detail and be 100% RIGHT ON!!! THINK!!!!

What about Nostradamus?

And this is the problem with religion. Why stop polluting? What does it matter? The lord has a plan for us. No point even trying to do the right thing. In fact, the bible thumpers seem to be pushing for war with Iran, China and Russia. They want us to go to war with the middle east over Isreal, rather than try to work out piece. No sense in trying that because god says the end times are upon us.

Now I see why you guys hate science. Motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

Darwin did not set out to undermine the grand narrative of Christianity, but his theory of evolution through natural selection led to conclusions that were diametrically opposite to those that Christians traditionally believed and proclaimed. The research carried out under the paradigm of evolution brought to light that Augustine’s convictions on 'original sin' and death could no longer be held. However, conservative theologians and church members are reluctant to acknowledge this. Nevertheless, a change in traditional theology is a prerequisite for any meaningful dialogue between religion and science.

""Well...what did the bible predict?"" WOW!!! THE BIBLE TELLS US THE FUTURE EVENTS IN GREAT DETAIL. THE NEXT BIG EVENTS ARE WWIII,THE RAPTURE,THE 31/2 YEARS OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION, THE RETURN OF JESUS TO EARTHND THE START OF ETERNITY ON A RE-NEWED TO PERFECTION EARTH AND CREATION GIVEN TO US IN GREAT DETAIL

Wow, the bible predicts a big war, around this time. Go figure. What century hasn't there been a big war? And aren't you getting ahead of yourself assuming the bible accurately predicted the rapture or the 31/2 years of tribulation?

I just love it that 50 years ago all these members at USMB would have probably agreed with you. Today a lot of people are waking up to the fact that christianity is just another bullshit man made religion. Christians don't know what the fuck they are talking about and you are about as dumb as they cum.

Wow, the bible predicts a big war, around this time. Go figure. What century hasn't there been a big war? And aren't you getting ahead of yourself assuming the bible accurately predicted the rapture or the 31/2 years of tribulation?

I just love it that 50 years ago all these members at USMB would have probably agreed with you. Today a lot of people are waking up to the fact that christianity is just another bullshit man made religion. Christians don't know what the fuck they are talking about and you are about as dumb as they cum.

""Wow, the bible predicts a big war, around this time. Go figure."" YES!!! THE BIBLE TELLS US WHAT NATIONS WILL FIGHT,WHERE AND WHY THE WAR STARTS,WHO THE WINNER IS ,WHAT THE NUMBER OF DEAD WILL BE!!! AND HOW LONG TO BURY THE DEAD. PRETTY AWESOME FOR A BOOK WRITTEN OVER 2000 YEARS AGO!!! HUH???

""Wow, the bible predicts a big war, around this time. Go figure."" YES!!! THE BIBLE TELLS US WHAT NATIONS WILL FIGHT,WHERE AND WHY THE WAR STARTS,WHO THE WINNER IS ,WHAT THE NUMBER OF DEAD WILL BE!!! AND HOW LONG TO BURY THE DEAD. PRETTY AWESOME FOR A BOOK WRITTEN OVER 2000 YEARS AGO!!! HUH???

Who wins? Does the US get the three-peat?

wow, the bible predicts a big war, around this time. Go figure. What century hasn't there been a big war? And aren't you getting ahead of yourself assuming the bible accurately predicted the rapture or the 31/2 years of tribulation?

I just love it that 50 years ago all these members at usmb would have probably agreed with you. Today a lot of people are waking up to the fact that christianity is just another bullshit man made religion. Christians don't know what the fuck they are talking about and you are about as dumb as they cum.

""wow, the bible predicts a big war, around this time. Go figure."" yes!!! The bible tells us what nations will fight,where and why the war starts,who the winner is ,what the number of dead will be!!! And how long to bury the dead. Pretty awesome for a book written over 2000 years ago!!! Huh???

who wins? Does the us get the three-peat?

iran,syria and other muslim nations backed by russia fight against tiny israel and are defeated 5/6 of their army are killed and it takes seven months for the jewish people to bury them.

""wow, the bible predicts a big war, around this time. Go figure."" yes!!! The bible tells us what nations will fight,where and why the war starts,who the winner is ,what the number of dead will be!!! And how long to bury the dead. Pretty awesome for a book written over 2000 years ago!!! Huh???

iran,syria and other muslim nations backed by russia fight against tiny israel and are defeated 5/6 of their army are killed and it takes seven months for the jewish people to bury them.

wait...so no one comes to the aid of Israel?

ALMIGHTY GOD FIGHTS FOR ISRAEL, NO OTHER HELP IS NEEDED!!! Israel shall know it was GOD that saved them and they will turn to GOD!!!!

ALMIGHTY GOD FIGHTS FOR ISRAEL, NO OTHER HELP IS NEEDED!!! Israel shall know it was GOD that saved them and they will turn to GOD!!!!

I'm sure that makes Israel sleep better at night. Well let's pull our aid from them since god fights for them.

I'm sure that makes Israel sleep better at night. Well let's pull our aid from them since god fights for them.

YES!!! NO MAN OR NATION THAT HAS GOD FIGHTING FOR THEM HAS ANY NEED FOR help from little man!

Show me where they predicted these things and were proven right.

Show me where they predicted these things and were proven right.

show you????????????? SHOW YOURSELF,READ GOD'S WORD. NOT ONE BIBLE PROPHECY HAS EVER FAILED!!!

YES!!! NO MAN OR NATION THAT HAS GOD FIGHTING FOR THEM HAS ANY NEED FOR help from little man!

You should pray to Nastrodaumus dumbass. :eusa_pray:

He predicted a lot too and a lot of it came true. What say you?

Aside from the fact that revelations is written about the Roman empire...

Even if there is a spiritual connection, it causes thinking in humanity we don't see anywhere else. Therefore, that would be 'special thinking' in this context.

Well now you're being totally ridiculous. Spirituality caused special thinking that enables us to think up Spirituality??? :dunno: A bit of circular logic there.

I do agree, our human spiritual connection does cause us to think differently, spawning all kinds of other attributes not found in other species. The argument is over whether the connection is real or false, and I maintain it must be real. A false connection would not have yielded these results and humans would have abandoned spirituality if there were nothing to it. From a totally rational perspective, one must consider either mankind believes they are making a spiritual connection, or they actually are making one.

If it takes 'real fucking moronic idiots to imagine something that isn't there in order to console fear and the unknown, and then do that their entire existence', and you don't believe that any religions are correct, then you are saying that is exactly what humanity has done, at the same time you say you don't believe they have done it. Perhaps the religions were created to try and explain spiritual connection, but they would still be made up.

Well no... Religions are based on something real, a spiritual connection. They are our way of trying to comprehend that connection. We didn't make up the spiritual connection and then create all these religions to comprehend what we made up for all of our existence, believing that it gave us great benefits and warded off dangers, console fears, etc. That just makes no sense whatsoever.

Two things. First, communication and language are not the same thing. Humans can communicate without language, but out language allows the exchange of very complex ideas which we have not observed in other animals. 250 calls for crows? For animals, that's pretty impressive. How many different words are there in any given human language? Oh, and whales can communicate for miles? What the hell does that have to do with complex language?

Language is a form of communication. We observe animals communicating all the time, some have 'languages' and some don't. The reason we have very complex ideas that need exchanging is because we are spiritually inspired creatures. This is what other animals lack that we have.

There is a difference between instinct and reasoning. Do you think that each individual bee reasons its way to pick flowers? Is the sense of smell suddenly an outgrowth of intelligence; are animals with low intelligence unable to smell as well? Is hibernation based on intelligence, on the hibernating animal's ability to reason out the correct way to deal with winter? Other animals can do amazing things, but few of those things appear to be based on intelligence and reasoning or imagination. Why you are conflating every action or ability of a creature with its intelligence I have no idea.

I'm just making the point that other animals have knowledge of things we don't have. Perhaps it is through better senses or instincts? Our capabilities are exemplary because we are spiritually connected creatures. We have a source of power to draw from that other animals don't have.

Why would we see other species evolve the same intelligence as humanity? That assumes a direction behind evolution; some intelligence sees that human ingenuity works, and so will provide the same for another animal. You all too often make claims about evolution which, even with just a layman's understanding, are obviously untrue.

Stands to reason if inventing imaginary playmates to ward off fears or console in the unknown works for humans, that other animals would do it. Maybe not to the same degree, but at least to some degree, one example in a billion or something. The thing is, this meme has no basis of support in anything we've observed in nature. Other animals don't grapple with mortality or fear the unknown. They certainly don't create fake placebos and adopt meaningless rituals to console themselves, and then do that for all their existence even though there is no real benefit.

The observable evidence shows that humans have something other animals don't, we agree. You diverge from the observable evidence with your hypothesis that it is spiritual connection, whereas human intelligence, reasoning and imagination are things we have observed to work differently than in other animals.

And all of those things come through our spiritual inspiration as spiritually connected creatures. We obviously didn't gain these attributes through evolution or we'd see signs of it in our common ancestors.

Based on your own beliefs, a large percentage of humanity has ignored logic and common sense in believing the various religions, which you have said you think are false. Oh, but wait, believing in falsehoods makes perfect sense so long as you can relate it to spiritual connection, right?

I've not said any religion is "false". I have said they are flawed because they were created by man and man is flawed.

You post as though fear of death, questions about the possibility of the afterlife, the creation of the universe and life, etc. are either already answered or not important enough for people to search out answers and comfort about. Are you serious? You say god did it isn't an answer....yet people have been satisfied with that as an answer to numerous questions throughout human history.

Well, no they haven't been satisfied with that. They created Science! They've also created new religions and modified old ones. My point was that no other species is concerned with mortality or afterlife, they aren't spiritually aware of anything beyond the physical. We have these 'important' questions because we are aware, we are spiritually connected to something greater than self.

Clearly, what you consider inadequate most people have disagreed with you on. On this issue you appear to be in agreement with the atheists and agnostics of the world.

The point about conclusive evidence doesn't elude me. You are the one who continues to make statements as though they are obvious facts without providing any real evidence of them. That's pretty much the theme of this entire thread. :lol:

I don't care who disagrees with me. Some people do. They live for acceptance and being liked by others. For me, I couldn't care less. Now I think I have supported all of my viewpoints with compelling arguments, whether you acknowledge my evidence or not, is really irrelevant to me. I've shot down the various memes to explain away spirituality in humans and destroyed those arguments. I can't prove anything to you, and I'm probably never going to change your mind, but I bet I've made you think. That's all I'm really after here.

LOL!!! YOUR IGNORANCE KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!! but why show the world???

Revelation is an anti-Roman tract and a piece of war propaganda wrapped in one. The message: God would return and destroy the Romans who had destroyed Jerusalem.

LOL!!! YOUR IGNORANCE KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!!! but why show the world???

Revelation is an anti-Roman tract and a piece of war propaganda wrapped in one. The message: God would return and destroy the Romans who had destroyed Jerusalem.

YOU REALLY LOOK IGNORANT WHEN YOU TRY TO DEBATE WHAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!! Why do that????

Forum List

Back