Why do supporters of legalized abortion call themselves "pro-choice" instead of "pro-abortion"?

Pro-Abortion cheerleaders need to visit Abortion Mills. They should be shown the ugly grotesque process of killing and disposing of babies. Most of em would be absolutely mortified if they saw puppies and kittens being treated the same way. They desperately need a big dose of reality. No one should be a gung-ho Abortion cheerleader. It's a truly dark grotesque process.

I have to agree that "No one should be a gung-ho Abortion cheerleader" but I don't actually know of any. If we think seeing with our own eyes is important I'd include wars and executions.

Too many so-called 'Pro-Choice' advocates are shameful cheerleaders. They have no sense of reality. They use the term 'Pro-Choice' to live in denial. Killing and disposing of babies is an awful process. Most Americans wouldn't tolerate puppies and kittens being treated the same way. Abortion cheerleaders should be fully exposed to the process. It would dramatically change their perspective on the issue.

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.

Because pro-choice describes my position.

I support a woman's right to choose- I am not promoting abortion.

You support a woman's choice of taking an innocent life.

What supreme arrogance...

Is that what you call "truth" these days?

If you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. There's no denial spin that can change that.

If we're using the English language this is not true:

ba·by ˈbābē/ infant, newborn, child, tot, little one;

The OP is about semantics and spin and this is a perfect example. Communication is difficult if each side uses its own language.

No, the OP is Spot-On. Gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders feel better about themselves supporting killing babies by proudly proclaiming to be 'Pro-Choice.' The correct term would be 'Pro-Abortion.'

Are you against abortions in All cases? If not then you too are 'Pro-Abortion', just not Gung-ho. If you are you should watch a mother die who might have been saved by an abortion. You should also be ready to care for a child born without a brain or similar abnormality.

I'm Pro-Abortion. But i'm no gung-ho cheerleader. I cringe when i see the Pro-Abortion cheerleaders throwing themselves parades and parties celebrating killing babies. I truly despise assholes like Susan Sarandon and Ashley Judd. Killing a baby is nothing to throw a parade or party over.

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.

No- I support a woman's right to choose how to control her body, rather than a bunch of old white guys.

Her getting pregnant isn't her fault huh? You people are stupid.

If you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. There's no denial spin that can change that. I have a grudging respect for those who at least admit the truth. But i truly despise the gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. They refuse to accept and acknowledge that they do support the killing of babies. They instead try to spin and justify it by proudly proclaiming to be 'Pro-Choice.' It's very dishonest and cowardly.

I also find it so bizarre that most people who proudly support Abortion, are absolutely mortified at the thought of killing a puppy or kitten. These people need to visit Abortion Mills and observe the brutal disposal process. The dead babies are stacked up and then thrown into trash bags. It's a truly grotesque process. If more people observed that process, they'd be less inclined to be gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. So in the end, if you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. More need to accept that and come to grips with that ugly truth.

Kinda like those who describe themselves as "pro-life" but then they're for the death penalty, innit?
Now there, there's no question whether it's a human life.

Pro-Abortion cheerleaders need to visit Abortion Mills. They should be shown the ugly grotesque process of killing and disposing of babies. Most of em would be absolutely mortified if they saw puppies and kittens being treated the same way. They desperately need a big dose of reality. No one should be a gung-ho Abortion cheerleader. It's a truly dark grotesque process.

Hi paulitician
1. People who are for the choice of the death penalty do not agree to execute innocent people,
or agree to the mentally abusive conditions and torture that goes on in such units.
Just because you don't believe in BANNING the death penalty doesn't mean you agree to
the death penalty and all its consequences.

2. When I look at the horrible sick ways animals are treated and injected with unhealthy chemicals,
I am not FOR that just because I buy and eat meat. But indirectly yes, I am contributing financially
to industries that practice these things.
I just trust the lobbies and FDA and other groups who SPECIALIZE in policing abuses
do their job and clean up problems they can more effectively research, report and correct.

I trust others to do that, while I go police and correct things I can do best with my time and skills.

When I look at the brain injuries and longterm effects including Parkinson's brought on
by Boxing and other combative sports in the name of money, I don't agree or want that either!
But I am FOR the freedom of people to enjoy and promote these sports professionally.
I generally support the industry of professional sports, while I am horrified by abuses of drugs,
the rapes reported and covered up, the injuries and things that could be prevented by enforcing rules, etc.
Again, I trust professionals in that field to address and resolve those issues as I am not an expert in them.

3. With prochoice, I find that people are DEPENDING on the prolife advocates
to police and fix all these problems so they don't have to do that. They delegate this work to others. I know more Prolife people than prochoice feminists yelling about the forced abortions in China. Because they KNOW "other people" are already protesting that. They take this for granted. And go focus on something else, like rape or trafficking in America.

My prochoice friends will work with Catholic activists against the death penalty,
but not when it comes to abortion;
and likewise my prolife friends will work with Catholics against abortion,
but not the death penalty.
Doesn't that show you how they leave issues to the other group to handle?

I see prochoice feminists pushing to end sex trafficking, and that is a common cause
with Christians and other groups pushing to end that.

But for abortion, most people tend to "take for granted" that the
prolife people are already working on that.

Now if this offends you, maybe the prolife people should
GO ON STRIKE and refuse to keep doing this dirty work
CREATED by the prochoice lobbies "not taking responsibility"
for their own legislation. That might be interesting!

Let all these women butchered by abortion clinics go cry to the prochoice
women's groups for help and let them get overrun by all this overload.

Maybe we should draw a line between what the Prolife people
agree to pay for with their resources and support, and what
the Prochoice side agrees to pay for.

If Prochoice people don't have to pay for wars and the carnage
and destruction that creates, then they can use those resources
to pay for whatever welfare and prochoice counseling and health
service they want to offer instead.

Both sides might benefit from only funding what they believe in
and letting the other side take responsibility for cleaning up their own messes!

War is another good example.

If you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. There's no denial spin that can change that. I have a grudging respect for those who at least admit the truth. But i truly despise the gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. They refuse to accept and acknowledge that they do support the killing of babies. They instead try to spin and justify it by proudly proclaiming to be 'Pro-Choice.' It's very dishonest and cowardly.

I also find it so bizarre that most people who proudly support Abortion, are absolutely mortified at the thought of killing a puppy or kitten. These people need to visit Abortion Mills and observe the brutal disposal process. The dead babies are stacked up and then thrown into trash bags. It's a truly grotesque process. If more people observed that process, they'd be less inclined to be gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. So in the end, if you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. More need to accept that and come to grips with that ugly truth.

Kinda like those who describe themselves as "pro-life" but then they're for the death penalty, innit?

Pro-life is specific to the abortion debate and the counter to pro-choice, capitol punishment is an entirely different discussion.

Is it?
Then the term "pro-life" has no meaning.
Can't have it both ways.

Only to those that are not smart enough to recognize the difference.

Killing a defenseless, innocent life vs killing a person found guilty of a horrendous crime against humanity and sentenced to death.

Yep. You're too stupid to see the difference.

Pro-life is specific to the abortion debate and the counter to pro-choice, capitol punishment is an entirely different discussion.

Is it?
Can't have it both ways.

Killing a defenseless, innocent life vs killing a person found guilty of a horrendous crime against humanity and sentenced to death.

Ah, out of arguments, go to ad hominem.

Either way you're taking a human life. In one case the creator of that life before it begins, in the other case the State. The reason you're doing it is irrelevant; the question is whether either entity has the right.

Now who's "stupid"?

Are you a woman?

Is it?
Can't have it both ways.

Either way you're taking a human life. In one case the creator of that life before it begins, in the other case the State. The reason you're doing it is irrelevant; the question is whether either entity has the right.

Now who's "stupid"?

You are. I explained the difference in the most simplest of ways and yet you still aren't smart enough to understand.

Are you a woman?

How is that relevant?

Is it?
Can't have it both ways.

Now who's "stupid"?

Actually, the poster is Spot-On. There is a difference. But you obviously don't see it. So, you're either a dishonest hypocrite, or you are stupid. It is what it is.

Is it?
Can't have it both ways.

Now who's "stupid"?

Actually, the poster is Spot-On. There is a difference. But you obviously don't see it. So, you're either a dishonest hypocrite, or you are stupid. It is what it is.

Ah, after putting a "thanks" on the post above he's embarrassed and goes to the same ad hom without an argument to offer. Nothing but "there is a difference but I can't think of what it is, therefore you're stupid".

That's so cute.

I support a woman having the right to make the choice how her body is used.

Are you a woman?

How is that relevant?

How is it relevant? HOW IS IT RELEVANT?!?? :banghead:

Which gender bears the children? Think about it, get back to me in a week.

Is it?
Can't have it both ways.

Now who's "stupid"?

Ah, after putting a "thanks" on the post above he's embarrassed and goes to the same ad hom without an argument to offer. Nothing but "there is a difference but I can't think of what it is, therefore you're stupid".

That's so cute.

Yeah, that's what i figured. You're just stuck on stupid again.

I'm Pro-Abortion. But i'm no gung-ho cheerleader.

On that we agree.

I cringe when i see the Pro-Abortion cheerleaders throwing themselves parades and parties celebrating killing babies. I truly despise assholes like Susan Sarandon and Ashley Judd. Killing a baby is nothing to throw a parade or party over.

I think I would too. I hadn't heard of these parades and parties. Got a source I can read?

ALL dimocraps should be given free abortions, on demand, and $5 from Crime Stop. Plus another $20 from the Keep America Beautiful fund.

Think I'm kidding? You would be wrong.

People want to murder their own progeny? Let them. If they're so stupid that's what they want to do, who do you think you are to try and stop them?

Let them........ No -- Encourage them. Pay for them.

The sooner we get those scumbags out of the gene pool, the better.

morons

Dear Pogo
YES there is a difference.
When I asked an anti-death penalty activist why she wasn't OKAY with death penalty being
a CHOICE as she was with abortion being a CHOICE
she said she trusts woman with the choice of abortion [that affects her directly where the
woman bears the responsibility] but she DIDN'T trust juries and govt with the CHOICE
of putting someone to death [because that doesn't affect them directly, so it can
get skewed by too many other factors because the consequences aren't on them].

Her words were just the part about trusting a woman to make her own decision
about abortion, while not trusting the legal system with the choice of the death penalty.

I added the part CLARIFYING that the woman is making a choice that directly
affects her, while the govt/juries are making a choice of something affecting other people's lives.
They are never punished either way, for making the wrong decision to punish an innocent person.
The judge, jury lawyers are not held to it, so anything can go wrong because they don't pay for it.

Pogo if you are going to be fair, the way I use the death penalty to make an analogy,
when a Catholic Prolife leader asked me how can I be AGAINST abortion and want to prevent it 100% but I am prochoice,
I pointed out that her own Catholic church is AGAINST the death penalty,
yet most people support that as a choice.
We don't believe in BANNING it, but we don't want executions to happen when they could be prevented by preventing murder and crime in the first place.

So I said that my views of abortion are like that.
I believe we can PREVENT it without banning it by PREVENTING unwanted pregnancy
by PREVENTING rape, incest, sexual abuse and relationship abuse by FREE CHOICE,
by informed consent and education as how the Prolife movement already does successfully.
they don't need abortion to be banned in order to prevent completely by free choice.

So this is similar to wanting to get rid of executions by preventing murder.
Not by banning the choice of executions.
I believe we can prevent MOST murder by addressing conflicts and criminal sickness in advance. Most murders can be prevented, just like most abortions can be prevented.
The work on prevention is not something that can be legislated by govt because
it is all personal work and addressing issues on a private level only individuals can do by CHOICE.

So I support free choice, and try to prevent killing and murder that way,
not by banning the choice of abortion and not by banning the choice of executions.
With executions, I would require CONSENSUS since it is a highly spiritual
and religious matter; people would have to AGREE on guilt including the guilty party
and AGREE that no other restitution or other sentencing would serve better, etc.
If people AGREE to give that authority to the govt, as long as it is consensual
I believe that is a choice. But if there is spiritual or religious disagreement,
then that should be resolved first, even if it means having the prolife Catholic groups
pay for the life sentence of restitution or whatever else they can get an agreement on.
I would go for consensus and restorative justice as the model to establish a sentence
and agree who is going to pay for what. If we handles all cases that way, we could prevent murder by intervening and resolving conflicts, ordering treatment for sick people, much
sooner, at the first sign of abuse or complaint, and not wait until a killing occurs to require
a consensus on how to resolve the criminal complaint or charges. So I would intervene much sooner in order to prevent murder, capital crimes and punishment. All without banning executions.

Last edited:
Abortion is the best thing republicans have going for them. They can pretend they're for the precious life of the unborn. What hypocrites since they viciously attack any programs the Democrats come up with for helping save lives if it costs on penny in taxes. What hypocrites since they supported bush 1&2 murdering tens of thousands of Iraqi children and their parents. Nope, republicans will never try to end abortion, guaranteed.

ALL dimocraps should be given free abortions, on demand, and $5 from Crime Stop. Plus another $20 from the Keep America Beautiful fund.

Think I'm kidding? You would be wrong.

People want to murder their own progeny? Let them. If they're so stupid that's what they want to do, who do you think you are to try and stop them?

Let them........ No -- Encourage them. Pay for them.

The sooner we get those scumbags out of the gene pool, the better.

morons

When did you get released? Last time I saw you, they were leading you away in a strait jacket.

Forum List

Back