Why do supporters of legalized abortion call themselves "pro-choice" instead of "pro-abortion"?

One of is very confused, I didn't realize you were "pro-death".
LOL.
I'll take that as a recognition it is you who are confused. After all they are your words and your logic.
I made it bold so hopefully even you could figure it out. Nope.

I'm pro-life and prefer women didn't abort but I can see where it should be done in some cases and wouldn't over rule the will of the people in the state. And it isn't MY logic. Since the choice isn't about getting pregnant, if they wanted to they would naturally keep the baby, the choice is death. Pro-choice=pro-death.

If you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. There's no denial spin that can change that. I have a grudging respect for those who at least admit the truth. But i truly despise the gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. They refuse to accept and acknowledge that they do support the killing of babies. They instead try to spin and justify it by proudly proclaiming to be 'Pro-Choice.' It's very dishonest and cowardly.

I also find it so bizarre that most people who proudly support Abortion, are absolutely mortified at the thought of killing a puppy or kitten. These people need to visit Abortion Mills and observe the brutal disposal process. The dead babies are stacked up and then thrown into trash bags. It's a truly grotesque process. If more people observed that process, they'd be less inclined to be gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. So in the end, if you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. More need to accept that and come to grips with that ugly truth.

It's deceptive and intentionally so. He who controls the language controls the society. People don't plan to get pregnant to abort the baby. The pregnancy is the natural result so it isn't a choice the woman makes, she doesn't decide that her body is to become pregnant. The choice has nothing to do with life, the choice is death. Pro-choice means pro-death to the baby and they do what they always do and obscure it with rhetoric and insult anyone unwilling to be so duped as anti-choice.

They call it a baby when they want it and a fetus when they don't so they don't have to think about it.

"The pregnancy is the natural result so it isn't a choice the woman makes she doesn't decide that her body is to become pregnant"

Say what?

Having sexual intercourse is usually a choice the woman makes, is it not?

Do you think women are too stupid to know that pregnancies can and do occur when engaged in such activity?

If a woman doesn't want to have a child then she should abstain from activities that will produce a child.
Birth control isn't always 100%. Yes, sex is usually consensual but not always. Lots of babies born were unintentional.
Abstinence is.
Works every time you try it, right?

Don't see why it wouldn't.

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.

Because no one is FOR abortion, no one says Yippee, an abortion.

Every abortion is a private sadness. Similar to taking someone off life support.

Morning after and first term are NOT taking a human life. When the fetus becomes viable then the law kicks in with reasonable restrictions.

That's the law of the land.

Get over it.

That's how God intended to be. Let man make moral choice and compassionate doctors to do a procedure.
Traditional marriage was the law of the land but you didn't get over it.

No one says yippee a car accident either but it happens. Sometimes one or both parties are al fault. No one is pro-accident or pro-choice car accident. And babies are aborted late in the game, sometimes very late.

If you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. There's no denial spin that can change that. I have a grudging respect for those who at least admit the truth. But i truly despise the gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. They refuse to accept and acknowledge that they do support the killing of babies. They instead try to spin and justify it by proudly proclaiming to be 'Pro-Choice.' It's very dishonest and cowardly.

I also find it so bizarre that most people who proudly support Abortion, are absolutely mortified at the thought of killing a puppy or kitten. These people need to visit Abortion Mills and observe the brutal disposal process. The dead babies are stacked up and then thrown into trash bags. It's a truly grotesque process. If more people observed that process, they'd be less inclined to be gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders. So in the end, if you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. More need to accept that and come to grips with that ugly truth.

Kinda like those who describe themselves as "pro-life" but then they're for the death penalty, innit?
Now there, there's no question whether it's a human life.

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.

Because pro-choice describes my position.

I support a woman's right to choose- I am not promoting abortion.

Kinda like those who describe themselves as "pro-life" but then they're for the death penalty, innit?

Pro-life is specific to the abortion debate and the counter to pro-choice, capitol punishment is an entirely different discussion.

Because you don't have to support abortion to support the freedom to choose abortion. I despise abortion. Its a choice I could never make. And I'd likely lose a tremendous amount of respect for any friend who did. It doesn't align with my personal values.

The difference between myself and say, pro-lifers....is I don't believe my personal values should be imposed upon another's body.

You support a woman's choice of taking an innocent life.

What supreme arrogance...

Pro-life is specific to the abortion debate and the counter to pro-choice, capitol punishment is an entirely different discussion.

Is it?
Then the term "pro-life" has no meaning.
Can't have it both ways.

No- I support a woman's right to choose how to control her body, rather than a bunch of old white guys.

Why do supporters of legalized abortion call themselves "pro-choice" instead of "pro-abortion"?

1984-book.jpg

Read 1984 and you will understand dimocraps.

If you haven't read it, you should. It should be required reading in every classroom in America.

If you did read it and it was a long time ago, refresh yourself on it.

It will tell you everything you need to know about the scum of the earth -- dimocraps.

Pro-Abortion cheerleaders need to visit Abortion Mills. They should be shown the ugly grotesque process of killing and disposing of babies. Most of em would be absolutely mortified if they saw puppies and kittens being treated the same way. They desperately need a big dose of reality. No one should be a gung-ho Abortion cheerleader. It's a truly dark grotesque process.

If you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. There's no denial spin that can change that.

If we're using the English language this is not true:

ba·by ˈbābē/ infant, newborn, child, tot, little one;

The OP is about semantics and spin and this is a perfect example. Communication is difficult if each side uses its own language.

No, the OP is Spot-On. Gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders feel better about themselves supporting killing babies by proudly proclaiming to be 'Pro-Choice.' The correct term would be 'Pro-Abortion.'

The mass killing of babies is a truly ugly grotesque process. The Pro-Abortion cheeleaders need to visit Abortion Mills and see the ugly process of the killing and disposing of babies. If they saw puppies and kittens being treated the same way, they would be absolutely mortified. They need a big dose of reality to gain a more respectful and honest perspective.

Should be Pro-murder.

And women should be put to death for having abortions, I suppose?

Pro-Abortion cheerleaders need to visit Abortion Mills. They should be shown the ugly grotesque process of killing and disposing of babies. Most of em would be absolutely mortified if they saw puppies and kittens being treated the same way. They desperately need a big dose of reality. No one should be a gung-ho Abortion cheerleader. It's a truly dark grotesque process.

I have to agree that "No one should be a gung-ho Abortion cheerleader" but I don't actually know of any. If we think seeing with our own eyes is important I'd include wars and executions.

If you support Abortion, you do support the killing of babies. There's no denial spin that can change that.

If we're using the English language this is not true:

ba·by ˈbābē/ infant, newborn, child, tot, little one;

The OP is about semantics and spin and this is a perfect example. Communication is difficult if each side uses its own language.

No, the OP is Spot-On. Gung-ho Abortion cheerleaders feel better about themselves supporting killing babies by proudly proclaiming to be 'Pro-Choice.' The correct term would be 'Pro-Abortion.'

Are you against abortions in All cases? If not then you too are 'Pro-Abortion', just not Gung-ho. If you are you should watch a mother die who might have been saved by an abortion. You should also be ready to care for a child born without a brain or similar abnormality.

Forum List

Back