Why do supporters of legalized abortion call themselves "pro-choice" instead of "pro-abortion"?

Are you a woman?

How is that relevant?

How is it relevant? HOW IS IT RELEVANT?!?? :banghead:

Which gender bears the children? Think about it, get back to me in a week.

My gender has no relevance to my position on abortion, dumbass.

But it has every relevance to your arrogance --- which is what I actually posted in the first place, as can still be seen above.

Dumbass....

Gender has no bearing on arrogance since both sexes can be arrogant, dumbass!

Your obtusity has long since exceeded its shelf life. If you're really so dense that you need to be held by the hand and walked though this, you're purporting to know what's best for a entire gender you are not, have never been, and never will be a part of.

THAT is fucking arrogant. Like it or lump it.

I don't have the capacity to dumb down any further, and I'm done wasting my time here.

I agree, "Pro-Life" is corny.
Not to mention false. We saw that with Ferguson, Trayvon, Tamir Rice, and with NY. We see it with their support of the death penalty, and with their defense of abortion doctor murderers.

If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?
Because Pro-Choice means that you can choose to have an abortion, or you can choose not to have an abortion.

It's so simple even a wingnut should be able to figure it out.
The confusion is all yours. Women don't choose life, it happens or it doesn't. The choice is abortion. Death.

Because pro-choice describes my position.

I support a woman's right to choose- I am not promoting abortion.

You support a woman's choice of taking an innocent life.

I support a woman having the right to make the choice how her body is used.

Her body (life) is no longer her own when another body (life) grows inside her.

Wow.....that so much confirms my position that I prefer a woman to control her own body rather than letting old white guys tell her that her body is not her own.

You're assuming all women agree with you and all old white guys don't.

No I am assuming that you are another old white guy telling women that they don't control their own body.

Any woman who disagrees with me is welcome to let any old white guy tell her what to do with her body.

Fact is when another life is involved the woman has not only the responsibility but a duty to protect that life.

Says you. Such a 'duty' is a deeply personal issue. And its up to the individual woman who is pregnant to decide its scope, or even its existence.

For the record, I agree with you on the above statement. I simply don't believe that my personal beliefs should be imposed upon the body of any woman who doesn't share them. And that abortion is a deeply, personally intimate decision. One that only the woman in making the decision can truly understand the ramifications of.

Says me and the majority of the people.

You support a woman's choice of taking an innocent life.

I support a woman having the right to make the choice how her body is used.

Her body (life) is no longer her own when another body (life) grows inside her.

Wow.....that so much confirms my position that I prefer a woman to control her own body rather than letting old white guys tell her that her body is not her own.

You're assuming all women agree with you and all old white guys don't.

No I am assuming that you are another old white guy telling women that they don't control their own body.

Any woman who disagrees with me is welcome to let any old white guy tell her what to do with her body.

They don't when another life is at play. But hey, I don't expect a person that's ok with murdering an innocent life to agree.

Fact is when another life is involved the woman has not only the responsibility but a duty to protect that life.

Says you. Such a 'duty' is a deeply personal issue. And its up to the individual woman who is pregnant to decide its scope, or even its existence.

For the record, I agree with you on the above statement. I simply don't believe that my personal beliefs should be imposed upon the body of any woman who doesn't share them. And that abortion is a deeply, personally intimate decision. One that only the woman in making the decision can truly understand the ramifications of.

If only you and the majority of people were carrying that particular embryo. Then your beliefs would be paramount. Since she's the one carrying it, hers are.

How is that relevant?

How is it relevant? HOW IS IT RELEVANT?!?? :banghead:

Which gender bears the children? Think about it, get back to me in a week.

My gender has no relevance to my position on abortion, dumbass.

But it has every relevance to your arrogance --- which is what I actually posted in the first place, as can still be seen above.

Dumbass....

Gender has no bearing on arrogance since both sexes can be arrogant, dumbass!

Your obtusity has long since exceeded its shelf life. If you're really so dense that you need to be held by the hand and walked though this, you're purporting to know what's best for a entire gender you are not, have never been, and never will be a part of.

THAT is fucking arrogant. Like it or lump it.

I don't have the capacity to dumb down any further, and I'm done wasting my time here.

Like it or lump it? What are you ten?

You are correct you do not "have the capacity to dumb down any further", you couldn't possibly get any dumber than you are now.

If only you and the majority of people were carrying that particular embryo. Then your beliefs would be paramount. Since she's the one carrying it, hers are.

I'll pray for you.

I'll pray for you.

I've never had an abortion, nor ever would.

You may want to spend that energy trying to convince pregnant women considering abortion not to do it. That's what I do. And its prevented far more abortions than your rhetoric will.

I'll pray for you.

I've never had an abortion, nor ever would.

You may want to spend that energy trying to convince pregnant women considering abortion not to do it. That's what I do. And its prevented far more abortions than your rhetoric will.

If you only knew.

Is there anyone on this forum that believes ALL abortions, including those to save the life of the mother, should be banned?

Is there anyone on this forum that believes ALL abortions, right up to the moment of birth, should be allowed?

Unless you are in one of those two extreme camps you are both pro-life AND pro-abortion. Get over it.
Yes

Yes

Wrong

"Pro-abortion" might include such things as forced or incentivized abortion. The word "choice" excludes the possibility of such an interpretation.

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.

Why aren't lifers honest enough to call themselves pro-some-life?

There's a difference between supporting abortion - or choosing abortion - and supporting a woman's right to choose for herself.

If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?
Because Pro-Choice means that you can choose to have an abortion, or you can choose not to have an abortion.

It's so simple even a wingnut should be able to figure it out.
The confusion is all yours. Women don't choose life, it happens or it doesn't. The choice is abortion. Death.
Every woman who gives birth has been Pro-Choice. She chose to have the baby.

We see it with their support of the death penalty, and with their defense of abortion doctor murderers.
You don't see anything apparently. Who's they that defend murderers and if you can't see the difference between a baby and a murderer you are really fucked up.
Most conservatives hold the dual positions of supporting the death penalty while opposing all abortions. That's not Pro-Life.

The use of this sort of euphemism suggests to me that abortion supporters themselves aren't entirely convinced of the merits of their position. If abortion isn't wrong, why don't they feel comfortable with the term "pro-abortion"?

I acknowledge that the same could be said of anti-abortion being called "pro-life". I personally find that term corny as well, and generally do not use it to refer to myself.
Because we ARE pro-choice. Many of us would not have an abortion ourselves but are not arrogant enough to tell other women what they can or cannot do with their own bodies.

Forum List

Back