Zone1 Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, they infer that everyone not black is a racist? Kind enough mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it. If you were to address solutions for the problems within the inner cities you would have to agree with Republicans.

Would you like me to post the actual topic of this thread so you might actually address this thread?

I've addressed the thread. The inner cities are a result of bi partisan racist public policy. You have not studied this but you want to run your mouth. I gave you the solution. Do your part, end white racism.

I've addressed the thread. The inner cities are a result of bi partisan racist public policy. You have not studied this but you want to run your mouth. I gave you the solution. Do your part, end white racism.
You have no interest in addressing the thread. You want to hijack anything on YOUR forum.
That's sad.

Try again.

A recent episode of "The FIRST 48" focused on a 14-year-old black male who had been murdered by a 16-year-old black male. The lead detective was black. The motive was that the 16-year-old had been disrespected by the 14-year-old kid. The murderer confessed and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Why does that kid place such a low value on human life?

Racism played no part, whatsoever, in that tragedy. The lives of dozens of loved ones were irreparably destroyed because a child perceived that A GUN AND MURDER were the best solutions for having been DISRESPECTED. In tears, the child begged for his mama when told he was under arrest. He'll be 36 years old when he gets out of prison.

You must be one hard hearted w**** guy to refuse to seek solutions for kids like this.

But, here we are.

I got it. If you were to address solutions for the problems within the inner cities you would have to agree with Republicans.

Would you like me to post the actual topic of this thread so you might actually address this thread?

They don't want solutions. If the problems were solved, they'd have nothing to whine about.

You asked for a solution but what you really want is for blacks to blame ourselves for everything that's wrong.
No, not everything. But maybe take some responsibility for the current state of affairs in the Black community. Here is a sample from FBI crime statistics. This is stunning considering Black people make up 13% of US population:

Offense chargedTotalWhiteBlack or. African American
TOTAL6,816,9754,729,2901,815,144
Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter7,9643,6504,078

I'm pretty sure that you can see, that in your own forum, the house is not finished and it's unlivable. You can stop trying to tell me how things are for blacks according to a white man. White men have been the most preferred group, and have been given the most by this government. It's time white men like you to be quiet and listen

Most of us KNOW the history. We dont LIVE in the past. You only have so many years to "make things better" -- so the productive people focus on fixing things based on the CURRENT state of things. And it's a fool's errand to fix things as they EXISTED DECADES AGO....

Most of us KNOW the history. We dont LIVE in the past. You only have so many years to "make things better" -- so the productive people focus on fixing things based on the CURRENT state of things. And it's a fool's errand to fix things as they EXISTED DECADES AGO....

Or centuries ago.

It's impossible to live in the past. Therefore when you make that comment you look stupid. Apparently you do not understand the full impact of those polices and why it is said they produce the conditions we see now. Damage was done that has not been fixed and modern policies like the War on Drugs only increased the damage. Productive people evaluate what was done in the past to understand current issues. All you're doing is using that evaluation as an excuse to deny current problems. Furthermore you are denying or ignoring altogether the responsibility whites have to do their part to end racism. This thread started with stereottypes that you guys choose to believe and in your limited understanding of the problem, we must answer what you decide the problems are for blacks instead of us as blacks articulating the problems we live through and the causes we see, not the causes you believe based on a bias.

Unkotare and Markle, what experience do you have living as a black person that allows you to disagree with my assessment?

None.
When were you elected spokesman for every black person in America?

Never.

Don't joke. He actually believes just that.

I mean, who knows? He might be the black Jesus!

1670360421142.png

And since you're not black, you don't speak for blacks at all. Therefore when somebody black speaks on issues blacks face that you don't you really have nothing to say.
Sure I do.

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism and a white dude cherrypicking things that fit what he wants to believe about blacks are part of the problem. Whites need to work on ending the racism in the white community. That would solve a lot of problems.

Whites have committed multiple mass shootings recently but you want to talk about a black kid shooting somebody. In 2020, about 7,700 blacks were killed by another black. Over 200,000 died from hypertension. Hypertension is caused by stress, stress also comes from being frustrated. Both of these thigs occur because of white racism. You want to create an argument based on a simple minded premise but racism is a complex issue. The following words are from psychiatrists and other medical professionals who study the psychological and physiological effects of racism. Your opinion doesn't consider this.

“Bryant-Davis and Ocampo (2005) noted similar courses of psychopathology between rape victims and victims of racism. Both events are an assault on the personhood and integrity of the victim. Similar to rape victims, race-related trauma victims may respond with disbelief, shock, or dissociation, which can prevent them from responding to the incident in a healthy manner. The victim may then feel shame and self-blame because they were unable to respond or defend themselves, which may lead to low selfconcept and self-destructive behaviors. In the same study, a parallel was drawn between race-related trauma victims and victims of domestic violence. Both survivors are made to feel shame over allowing themselves to be victimized. For instance, someone who may have experienced a racist incident may be told that if they are polite, work hard, and/or dress in a certain way, they will not encounter racism. When these rules are followed yet racism persists, powerlessness, hyper vigilance, and other symptoms associated with PTSD may develop or worsen.”

“On occasion, the emotional weight of racism can lead African Americans to engage in maladaptive coping, such as remaining in denial, engaging in substance use, aggression, self-blame – even in extreme cases suicide (i.e., Black Lives Matter activist Marshawn McCarrel) and terrorism (i.e., Dallas shooter Micah Xavier Johnson). These responses are harmful and lead to negative, long-term consequences.”

You just see an occurrence and your frame of reference comes from being white and never facing racism to understand what it does to a person. You argue the same age old ignorant white argument of black inherent traits and just like your parents and grandparents generation, you do not factor in the effects of racism. But hey you can't be blamed for what your parents and grandparents did.

Findings from large-scale national studies indicate that, while African Americans have a lower risk for many anxiety disorders, they have a 9.1% prevalence rate for PTSD, compared to 6.8% in Whites. That means that almost one in ten Black people becomes traumatized, and I think these rates may actually be higher since diagnosticians are usually not considering the role of racism in causing trauma.

White Racism causes physical health problems.

On June 3, 2020, SAMHSA’s Office of Behavioral Health Equity published a report titled, “Trauma, Racism, Chronic Stress and the Health of Black Americans.” They found that racism contributed to poor mental health and chronic physical health problems.

“Racism and associated trauma and violence contribute to mental health disorders, particularly depression, anxiety and PTSD, and chronic health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, maternal mortality/infant mortality and morbidity in African Americans. Racism is considered a fundamental cause of adverse health outcomes for racial/ethnic minorities and racial/ethnic inequities in health. The primary domains of racism - structural/institutional racism, cultural racism, and individual-level discrimination— are linked to mental and physical health outcomes. Racism and violence targeting a specific community is increasingly associated with complex trauma and intergenerational trauma, all of which have physical and behavioral health consequences.”

In 2014, “Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States,” a study by Alicia Lukachko, Mark Hatzenbuehler, & Katherine Keyes, was published in Social Science and Medicine Journal. Their research showed that structural racism was one cause of heart attacks in black people.

“This study demonstrates adverse effects of structural racism— specifically state-level racial disparities disadvantaging Blacks in political representation, employment, and incarceration —on past 12-month myocardial infarction. These adverse effects, however, were specific to Blacks, and among Whites, indicators of structural racism appear to have a benign or even beneficial effect on cardiac health. It is important to note that individual level risk factors including age, sex, education, income, and medical insurance do not account for these findings.

Furthermore, lending support to the construct validity of our measures of structural racism, the effects persist above and beyond those of state-level racial disparities in poverty. Measures of structural racism pertaining to job status did not follow the expected pattern of association, and were inversely associated with myocardial infarction among Blacks.

While this finding was unexpected, it is in line with results from previous studies that have documented that Black Americans in high status positions report greater exposure to interpersonal discrimination. This increased exposure, coupled with potential pressures to assimilate and to defy negative racist stereotypes, may in turn place high status Blacks at greater risk for adverse health outcomes. Our results similarly suggest that Black Americans in states with greater representation of Blacks in high status positions are at higher risk for heart attack.”

So you see, there is a more complex relationship between white racism and problems blacks face than what the OP tries presenting. So if you are not going to do the study necessary to understand the holistic damage white racism causes, you need to be quiet. The solution is for whites to work harder to end the racism in the white community. If we don't have to live with that, a lot of things change for the better for blacks in America.

Just die already.

When were you elected spokesman for every black person in America?

Never.
I am black and have lived, you aren't so, in this situation I do represent blacks. If I said what you want to hear, I'd represent every black who ever lived. The question was: You disagree with me based on what lived experience? You can't answer so you come with the sorry weak classic white dodge about somebody not speaking for all blacks. You speak for no blacks but decided to disagree. So what lived experience do you have that causes you to disagree?

Hopefully, this title is gentle enough to pass muster and will generate some sincere solutions. :D

Why do so many on this forum refuse to post SOLUTIONS and, instead, infer that everyone not black is a racist?

A recent episode of "The FIRST 48" focused on a 14-year-old black male who had been murdered by a 16-year-old black male. The lead detective was black. The motive was that the 16-year-old had been disrespected by the 14-year-old kid. The murderer confessed and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Why does that kid place such a low value on human life?

Racism played no part, whatsoever, in that tragedy. The lives of dozens of loved ones were irreparably destroyed because a child perceived that A GUN AND MURDER were the best solutions for having been DISRESPECTED. In tears, the child begged for his mama when told he was under arrest. He'll be 36 years old when he gets out of prison.

In another episode, a 20-year-old black male responded in exasperation, "HELL, I've got six brothers on my father's side that I hardly know"! Is that NOT a huge part of the problem in black communities? Specifically, how is that the fault of anyone else? Is anyone, other than legislation inspired by President Lyndon Johnson (D) and his "War on Poverty" and "Great Society"?

Specifically, how is RACISM at fault because this happens?
Racism isn't at fault in these two examples, but it is in many, many others.

Don't joke. He actually believes just that.

I mean, who knows? He might be the black Jesus!

That sorry dodge doesn't change squat. You want to run your mouth too?

What lived experience do you have that makes you disagree with things said here by blacks? Because you speak for no blacks and you guys only use this tactic when you know that I am right. You have no basis for disagreement other than "I'm white" or in unkotares case, "I wish I was white and I disagree for no other reason than I can."

We have presented the solution. You want to make this about your cherry picked examples based on stereotypes about blacks you believe. We are talking about racism in its totality, and not what you picked. Work on ending the white racism that makes you think you can post 3-4 examples then demand somebody give you a solution. Over 1 quarter of a million blacks die annually from hypertension caused by stress. Much of that stress is due to white racism. That same stress creates anger and frustration that ends up in violence. You refuse to acknowledge the solution for this- end white racism.

So...........White people stress you out SO much you shoot black people. You're a bright one.

You show a person how racism doesn't happen like it did during Jim Crow and they try telling you how things have advanced using Jim Crow as his frame of reference.

Can it get any more stupid and obtuse that that?

Clearly you don't read your on posts.

Racism isn't at fault in these two examples, but it is in many, many others.
Actually it is. There is a psychological component that a lot of people who do not face racism ignores or denies that exist. Your are not one of those people Billo, I post this for those who are.

“On occasion, the emotional weight of racism can lead African Americans to engage in maladaptive coping, such as remaining in denial, engaging in substance use, aggression, self-blame – even in extreme cases suicide (i.e., Black Lives Matter activist Marshawn McCarrel) and terrorism (i.e., Dallas shooter Micah Xavier Johnson). These responses are harmful and lead to negative, long-term consequences.”

Members of the racist subculture ignore the psychological damage created by racism and run to the failed culture claim. The culture that has failed is the culture that continues to foster, maintain, deny and excuse white racism. The psychological impact of racism is why I say that the root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. People like the OP are ignorant relative to the psychological damage and so you see them posting stuff like what we see here then asking blacks to give them solutions for that when the real solution is for whites to work on ending racism in their communities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back