Zone1 Why Do Right Wing Whites Have Problems Figuring Out the Solution to Racism?

The publisher said what you claim is not so.

The publisher randomly picked an unknown, unpublished author and decided - on her own, to embellish his background - and not tell him. And he didn't notice for 2 decades.

Sure

Which "white" people believe that there is no racism? None that I know. Racism is just one more manifestation of the natural human tendency to scorn people who are perceived to be different. An acclaimed novel that's making the rounds these days ("Pachinko") revolves around the scorn with which Koreans are treated in Japan over many generations - and they are racially identical.

The issue is, how are Blacks harmed by "white" racism, and that's where there is a disconnect. We "white" people see hordes of Black people who are ruining their own lives with no outside help whatsoever. For every Black who it turned down for a job or a place in a selective school, or a promotion at work, there is a company or an agency or a school that is whoring itself out to the false gods of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.

Do you want Exhibit A? Harvard has just selected a Black woman (Claudine Gay) as its next President. This position, possibly the highest profile academician in America, is being filled by a woman with an impressive background (she is not African American, as that term is commonly understood - Haitian immigrant family), but no white man with her credentials would have even gotten a second interview.
You have to ask how white racism is harming blacks. The fact you are seriously asking this question shows that you are not qualified to be in this discussion. You don't see hordes of blacks doing jack squat. We run into hordes of whites like you and your boy Flah:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again."

You talk about diversity like it's bad. Whites have not always been the best qualified to do things. Our nation has not and cannot reach it's full potential as long as whites like you exist who think that only whites are the best at everything. The new president at Harvard is black. White man have been president of Harvard with less qualifications. There have 30 Presidents of Harvard, 28 have been white. All these white men were not the best qualified.

The publisher randomly picked an unknown, unpublished author and decided - on her own, to embellish his background - and not tell him. And he didn't notice for 2 decades.

Sure
Again, what you posted was incorrect.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

It actually boils down to one thing, are the people of today responsible for people hundreds of years ago?
It boils down to the fact that there are people of today practicing the same racism of the past.

The best question, imo, is asking someone for an id racist? Then the follow up if yes would be why?

Only then will the true racists expose themselves
The true white racists here have already exposed themselves.

Eh. He considers anyone who objects to special favoritism for blacks as being racist.

Upthread he said that anyone who opposes giving money to blacks based on skin color (reparations) is guilty of hating blacks. He also said that anyone objecting to favoring blacks over whites in college admissions, again based on skin color, is racist.

In other words, anyone who objects to factoring in skin color in deciding whom to give special advantage to is a racist. To him, you are NOT a racist if you make decisions with race in mind, but only if it goes for blacks and against whites. Ironic.

Read your posts.

“Laissez-Faire Racism involves persistent negative stereotyping of African Americans, a tendency to blame blacks themselves for the black-white gap in socioeconomic standing, and resistance to meaningful policy efforts to ameliorate America’s racist social conditions and institutions.”

Last edited:
Again, what you posted was incorrect.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

So she's the biggest fuck up in publishing history: made up fictitious narrative about an unpublished author for no reason, never sent it to her clinet for approval YET SHE'S STILL HIS PUBLISHER? LOLOLOLololOLololOLOlolol

You believe ANYTHING they tell you to accept

Black females have it made in this country. Just consider how many prestigious jobs are decided, before even taking applications, that they will got to a black female.

Harvard is just the latest example. We had Biden decide that ONLY a black female would be considered for the Vice Presidency. He announced that ONLY a black female will be nominated for the SCOTUS vacancy. And on and on and on.

And so?

Reagan appointed Sandra Day O'Connor only because she was a woman.
Bush-41 appointed Uncle Thomas only because he was black and was replacing Thurgood Marshall.
McCain only picked Palin as a running mate because she was a woman and didn't realize she was clinically retarded.
Trump only appointed Serena Joy Barrett because she wasn't likely to have raped anyone in college.

Findings from large-scale national studies indicate that, while African Americans have a lower risk for many anxiety disorders, they have a 9.1% prevalence rate for PTSD, compared to 6.8% in Whites. That means that almost one in ten Black people becomes traumatized, and I think these rates may actually be higher since diagnosticians are usually not considering the role of racism in causing trauma.

That just tells me that PTSD is over diagnosed. My dad had PTSD. He had PTSD because he hit the beaches at Normandy, fought in the battle of the bulge and liberated Nordhausen. He still worked hard, raised five kids to be solid citizens, and so on. At some point, he stopped being a "Kraut", (which is what a lot of people called him growing up) and became part of the White Oppresser Overclass(TM), but he must have missed the memo.

You tell me, "I have PTSD because a white person called me a mean name once", I am going to laugh in your face, derisively.

Studies show that consistent exposure to adversity and marginalization causes early health declines in black Americans. Racism is a stressor that triggers the body into allostasis or better understood, racism forces the body to adapt to stress. Allostasis is the process that helps us adapt to stress. Allostatic load is compiled damage to the body due to constant pressure. Such stress leads to allostatic overload, which is the point when the overall amount of stress causes health problems or deat

Ah, I see... Mean old white people made you eat that greasy food.

You have to ask how white racism is harming blacks. The fact you are seriously asking this question shows that you are not qualified to be in this discussion. You don't see hordes of blacks doing jack squat. We run into hordes of whites like you and your boy Flah:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time. Glad I did it. I would do it again."
1671885139239.jpeg

What is this man's name?
What company did he work for?

I find this statement to be dubious for a number of reasons.
First is that resumes are sorted by ATS systems, that look for keywords and certain job titles. Which means by the time it gets to a Manager or Director, you aren't looking at "thousands" of resumes, you are probably looking at the handful or so HR has selected.

Secondly, it is rare that the hiring decision is left to one person. Every job I've interviewed for in the last two decades, I interviewed with multiple people, not a single individual. So if he was consistently rejecting people with names like "Jamal", someone else in the process would have noticed and said something.

You talk about diversity like it's bad. Whites have not always been the best qualified to do things. Our nation has not and cannot reach it's full potential as long as whites like you exist who think that only whites are the best at everything. The new president at Harvard is black. White man have been president of Harvard with less qualifications. There have 30 Presidents of Harvard, 28 have been white. All these white men were not the best qualified.

And here's the thing. At the end of the day, it should be their decision.

Not yours. Not mine. Not the governments.

Now, when I was in college, I had a discussion with the leader of the Black Student Union, where he whined that white people are only going to hire other white people. And my response was, if that's her company, that should be her choice. If she makes bad choices, her company will fail. If she has bad choices imposed on her by the government, the government is going to come in and say, "Gee, I'm sorry you lost all this money because of the Affirmative Action Hire we made you put on the payroll... here's a bag of money."

And when you get to the absurdity where you are rejecting high scoring Asians to admit low scoring blacks, because the Asians aren't playing along with the victimization game, then people are kind of right to question it.

We run into hordes of whites like you and your boy Flah:

I don't know who "Flah" is. But I have no doubt that there are white people in hiring positions that think that way. Probably not many, given the propensity of government agencies to judge whether a company is "racist" by counting the number of people of different races it hires. But it could certainly be a factor.

Since we agree on that, what would your advice be to a young Black new mom considering naming her boy baby LeDarius?

Notice that he doesn't say that he never hired a black person. He just didn't hire a black person with what he considered a "ghetto Black ethnic name." One thing that you know about a man named "LeDarius," is that his mother was stupid enough to name her child "LeDarius.

Here's an article by a black man who knows more than I about the issue that might interest you:

One thing that's universally agreed upon is that all parents want their children to be successful. So I ask, are we doing our black children an injustice by naming them these unique, uncommon names? Does it close doors that they normally would be able to walk through?

I'll note for the record that a Black man named "Rhett" should have recognized the irony of his own name in the article.

Here's the thing: No other race goes out of its way to do things that bring discrimination upon themselves, nor do they evince hyper-sensitivity to and quickness to jump to conclusions about being discriminated against.

Again, Rhett says it better than I:

However, within the tech world, most candidates who identify as being of Asian decent, usually do not go by their birth names when applying to positions. They take on more "American" or "attractive white names" instead to be displayed on their resumes.

Of course. The purpose of a job application is to get an interview, and then get the job. No one ever got a job by trying to do something else, like expressing their racial pride. Not unless it was a job working for the KKK or BLM or some organization like those.

If Betty Nguyen (sounds like "win," not Noo-jee-yun), wants to tell all her co-workers that her name is actually Nguyen Nguyen (win-win), the time to do that is when they are co-workers, not before she gets hired.

Same with a George Rodriguez. Let him ask to be called Jorge (hore-hay) Rodriguez after he gets the job.

Note that in both cases, it is obvious that the applicants are Asian and Latino from their last names. But that won't mean they won't get hired. They aren't going to look at Betty Nguyen and say "oh she's Asian. She's probably not too smart, then."

Same with LeDarius Washington. If he calls himself "Robert Washington," the hiring person will still likely assume that he is black. But he has a far better chance of getting interviewed than LeDarius would.

The new president of Harvard is black, but you think black people cannot reach their full potential?

Forum List

Back