Why do poor communities exist in America?

Well black communities and poor communities are synonymous. Most people don't see a difference here. In these "black communities," yes there are people mugging, raping and shooting, but it's everyone that I mentioned, Puerto Ricans, Jews, and Russians do that just as much.

If you think that I'm ignorant or racist or whatever then I'm sorry, but that's just the truth.
Black communities aren't synonymous with poor communities. There are some very affluent black communities across the nation and far more latino, white and American Indian poor communities than black ones.

Scottish_Brexiteer_UK

If the hi dress of billions spent on star wars etc and the military, imagine what that could do for the poverty.
Be aware, this forum is neck high with racists who would rather see blacks all eliminated because of the embarrassment they cause the whites after the slave days.

They are deliberately kept poor and oppressed because that is what usually differentiates to two parties. Republicans hate blacks. Conservative governments play on their fear and hatred to cement their votes. That's how trump came to power but they won't tell you that.

So basically , t hgabk republicans for it and the racist red necks who support them
What do you think happens to that money? It doesn't get burnt or disappear. It pays for good jobs that are not only fully integrated, but have minority quotas due to the builders and military contractors having affirmative action quotas.

Are you actually advocating for child labor? What the fuck is wrong with you?
I don't know if he is advocating for it, but it's a historical fact that it existed. I started working in elementary school, I had a newspaper stand until I was old enough to have a paper route, when I turned sixteen I worked in fast food until I went into the Army at eighteen. After getting out of the Army I went to college and when I decided to get married, went back into the Army so I could afford a wife while finishing my education. I pulled myself from abject poverty living in a horrible slum to decent middle class by simply not getting in trouble, avoiding self-destructive behavior and making an effort to learn and do well.

Well I'm definitely not going to walk across a highway in New Jersey. That is a really easy way to get arrested.
Aren't there over or underpasses across that highway? I've been all over this nation and never seen a highway or freeway that didn't have some method for pedestrians and local traffic to cross it.

You have nothing but your words to back it up. And you have nothing but fallacy not any valid arguments.

Of Course, simple poverty can easily be solved by Government. Only right-wingers are too clueless and too Causeless to understand that simple fact.

Any more immoral right-wing false witness bearing you want us to believe?
Show us a county where the government has solved the problem of poverty. About the closest you can come were the Communist countries and places like Venezuela and Cuba where the government forces almost everybody into poverty. All any government can do is enforce equality of misery.

Show us a county where the government has solved the problem of poverty. About the closest you can come were the Communist countries and places like Venezuela and Cuba where the government forces almost everybody into poverty. All any government can do is enforce equality of misery.
Show us a country that has a Statue of Liberty. The "Marxism" of equality and equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation can easily solve simple poverty in our Republic; and, it can do it on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States. Individual Liberty anyone?

sheeeeesh I asked you not to throw crap into the pot. In the USA----a person of VERY LOW
income is entitled to MEDICAID-----which means -----FREE MEDICAL CARE and even free medicines. Try not to challenge me-----you are in my field. HOWEVER you have touched on a
central issue-------which is WILL A PERSON who is this "guaranteed income' you envision
and medicaid--------OPT FOR MENTAL HEALTH CARE? and even...... will it help? Even the
"mentally disturbed" in the USA are FREE--------to live in the gutter if they so desire........and lots
so desire
I worked for years around Los Angeles' skid row. The "homeless" basically break down into four categories. 1) the mentally ill, we can't force then into institutions unless they are a clear danger to themselves or others. 2) substance abusers (drunks or druggies) we can't help them until they are willing to be helped. 3) What used to be called vagrants, people who don't want the responsibility of a regular job. 4) People who are down on their luck due to factors beyond their control (divorce, job loss. medical expenses etc.). People in this last case don't stay homeless for long, they take advantage of all the programs to get back on their feet and back into productive society. That has what I saw for the five or so years that I worked there.

Why would they be homeless if they had a consistent income as would be standard business practice for market participation purposes under Captialism?
They would be homeless because many don't have the ability to manage money. You give the average homeless person a thousand dollars and he will be broke in a week. Just like sailors and gold miners did, they'd work hard then blow everything they made on a binge than back to work and rinse wash and repeat. The phrase "spends like a drunken sailor" had a basis in reality.

I don't see equality and equal protection under the law as a "form of Marxism"
It is about this "class struggle" under our form of Capitalism.

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”

― Anatole France

“The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.--Karl Marx

Last edited:
They would be homeless because many don't have the ability to manage money. You give the average homeless person a thousand dollars and he will be broke in a week. Just like sailors and gold miners did, they'd work hard then blow everything they made on a binge than back to work and rinse wash and repeat. The phrase "spends like a drunken sailor" had a basis in reality.
That is pure speculation. Under Capitalism, the private sector would try to seek profit from those market participants on a for-profit basis.

It is about this "class struggle" under our form of Capitalism.

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”

― Anatole France
time to lay off the BS. The US is not engaged in a "class struggle" as per Marx

Forum List

Back