Why do leftists focus on the mythological "assault rifle" when most gun violence is committed with a handgun?

More people are killed every week in Chicago than are killed by "assault weapons" in a year.

Most families have over a dozen guns.
Most families have ZERO guns. You promote bullshit so authoritatively. It would be nice if any of it was accurate

and

A. Something like 3,000 school children have been killed in school shootings. Most by assault weapons

B. The massive number of hand guns floating around is a big part of why cops treat everyone they encountered as armed and dangerous and why they act the way they do.
No, that's almost entirely false.

You're just full of shit.

Is it because rural white people own AR style weapons while inner city blacks use handguns?

I can't think of ANY logical reason for this fixation on a weapon that is seldom used during the commission of a crime while at the same time ignoring the epidemic of handgun violence in inner cities.
This is a lie.

An assault weapon is whatever a given lawmaking body determines it to be.

Is it because rural white people own AR style weapons while inner city blacks use handguns?

I can't think of ANY logical reason for this fixation on a weapon that is seldom used during the commission of a crime while at the same time ignoring the epidemic of handgun violence in inner cities.
This is a lie.

your premise is a lie,,

This is a lie.

What it is, is something that's none of your, or the government's, damned business.

Mind your own.

Forum List

Back