Why do leftists focus on the mythological "assault rifle" when most gun violence is committed with a handgun?

Is it because rural white people own AR style weapons while inner city blacks use handguns?

I can't think of ANY logical reason for this fixation on a weapon that is seldom used during the commission of a crime while at the same time ignoring the epidemic of handgun violence in inner cities.

Well, as best I can figure - the dumbass fascists use the "AR" as "Assault Rifle" when it is not - never has been and never will be. The "AR" actually means - "Armalite Rifle" and was given that moniker by the architect Eugene Stoner.

I have noticed that these idiots have never considered that the Thompson machine gun (Tommy Gun) or the "Browning Automatic Rifle" are actually "assault weapons"

The civilian version is neither an "assault rifle" nor is it "automatic" capable. I have a Remington 700 rifle with a scope. I can take a head off at 700 yards - but it isn't a "scary black" rifle.......

It's nothing more than a lack of understanding or just complete incompetence on the fascists part. However, it doesn't change their zeal to get rid of ANY private gun ownership by civilians, a necessary part of takeover.

These assholes fool no one........no one.
You are correct, it is never possible to pin down the term “assault rifle”

The goal should be to reduce the lethality of these weapons in mass shootings. Banned weapons should be defined by rate of fire and magazine capacity.

Cut down on the number of bullets that can be fired in an assault

I see....so am I correct when I can only assume that you would be OK with a flintlock smooth bore rifle.....for the stupid "masses"?

Depends…

How many rounds per second can a flintlock fire?
How many school children have been slaughtered with a flintlock?
how many people have been killed after they gave up their guns to an oppressive government??

over 120 million,,

How many in the US where there are 330 million guns?
Ignore history. Great idea.
The mind of a federal supremacist is a fascinating thing. No other word for that level of ignorance and dishonesty.
Show me in AMERICAN HISTORY with a Constitution
Ahhh so other countries and times in history dont matter anymore.
Thanks for the clarification.

You pathetic 2-bit hack :lol:

Because if they had a clue then they would actually be trying to restrict criminals and not guns. But can not have that. Better to restrict guns and law enforcement. Because guns and law enforcement are probably not going to vote for them anyway.

You mean things like background checks?

~~~~~~
Seems your friend Hunter lied when he filled out his federal form for the purchase of a pistol.... Perhaps he should be the first of Bai Dung's acts to enforce the Federal ATF laws...

Because if they had a clue then they would actually be trying to restrict criminals and not guns. But can not have that. Better to restrict guns and law enforcement. Because guns and law enforcement are probably not going to vote for them anyway.

~~~~~~
Seems your friend Hunter lied when he filled out his federal form for the purchase of a pistol.... Perhaps he should be the first of Bai Dung's acts to enforce the Federal ATF laws...

Indeed.

Is it because rural white people own AR style weapons while inner city blacks use handguns?

I can't think of ANY logical reason for this fixation on a weapon that is seldom used during the commission of a crime while at the same time ignoring the epidemic of handgun violence in inner cities.

Part of it is ignorance, denial, and the fact they know they can't get rid of handguns so they go for the low hanging fruit.

~~~~~~
Soon to come if Joey Xi Bai Dung is able to pass and enforce his gun grab...
"Turner Diaries" Chapter One, Page one
"What a blow that was to us! And how it shamed us! All that brave talk by patriots, "The government will never take my guns away," and then nothing but meek submission when it happened. On the other hand, maybe we should be heartened by the fact that there were still so many of us who had guns then, nearly 18 months after the Cohen Act had outlawed all private ownership of firearms in the United States. It was only because so many of us defied the law and hid our weapons instead of turning them in that the government wasn't able to act more harshly against us after the Gun Raids. I'll never forget that terrible day: November 9, 1989. They knocked on my door at five in the morning. I was completely unsuspecting as I got up to see who it was."

Because of its name, "assault weapon". Assault and weapon are both scary names and we know anytime someone wants something banned wording is important to push their agenda. Gun or handgun aren't scary sounding at all.

And when you want people to not think about something and simply agree to it immediately, if you want people to be willing to give up their rights and freedoms easily all you need to do is scare them. People as individuals are fairly smart, but in large groups they are stupid and easily scared. Scared groups of american citizens always want a fast, easy, simple solution that sounds like it will instantly solve all their perceived problems.

Well, as best I can figure - the dumbass fascists use the "AR" as "Assault Rifle" when it is not - never has been and never will be. The "AR" actually means - "Armalite Rifle" and was given that moniker by the architect Eugene Stoner.

I have noticed that these idiots have never considered that the Thompson machine gun (Tommy Gun) or the "Browning Automatic Rifle" are actually "assault weapons"

The civilian version is neither an "assault rifle" nor is it "automatic" capable. I have a Remington 700 rifle with a scope. I can take a head off at 700 yards - but it isn't a "scary black" rifle.......

It's nothing more than a lack of understanding or just complete incompetence on the fascists part. However, it doesn't change their zeal to get rid of ANY private gun ownership by civilians, a necessary part of takeover.

The goal should be to reduce the lethality of these weapons in mass shootings. Banned weapons should be defined by rate of fire and magazine capacity.

I see....so am I correct when I can only assume that you would be OK with a flintlock smooth bore rifle.....for the stupid "masses"?

Depends…

how many people have been killed after they gave up their guns to an oppressive government??

over 120 million,,

There's actually more like 600 million to a billion.

Just saying.

Depends…

over 120 million,,

And we don't turn our guns in here.

Even states like NY an CT refuse to comply.

Depends…

over 120 million,,

Ignore history. Great idea.
The mind of a federal supremacist is a fascinating thing. No other word for that level of ignorance and dishonesty.
Show me in AMERICAN HISTORY with a Constitution

That is easy show how the US government has a history of being abusive.
Even though we had a constitution, American history is full of theft and murder by the government.
Slavery is one example, but the way the US government treated the Native Americans is another.
Another example is how the US bought CA, AZ, UT, NV, NM, OK, FL and many other states from Mexico, under treaties protecting the rights and property of the million or so Mexicans living on Spanish land grants in those states, and then stole almost all of the properties through deliberate murder of the Mexican citizens who had legal ownership.

Not only is the US government corrupt and abusive, but all governments not only are, but tend to get worse over time.
All governments in all of history eventually get so bad they have to be destroyed.
This government is no different.
We need to be able to destroy it when it becomes necessary to do so.

Because long guns can hit from hundreds of yards while pistols can only hit at 100 foot if you're a good shot.
In other words the gov will be the only ones who will have the advantage that long guns provide.

Ok, get rid of the hand guns.................. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Why?
The gov knows they have an advantage with long guns so they dont fear pistols.

Indeed. Just remember that our "servants" have Security Details that carry handguns and fully automatic weapons........

And Democrats massively increased the budget for the Capitol Police.

We can see the fear that a mostly peaceful protest on January 6, 2021, instilled in them, including the dirty black robes in D.C.

Depends…

over 120 million,,

There's actually more like 600 million to a billion.

Just saying.

Most families have over a dozen guns.
There are many different uses for example, like pistol, shotgun, long rifle, short range rifle, cheap plinkers, etc., then there are different types of interest, like bolt action, blow back, recoil locked, gas operated, etc., then there are family heirlooms, like the rifle gramps had from the Civil War, WWI, WWII, etc.
There are more than 30 million AR-15s owned in the US alone.

Why do leftists focus on the mythological "assault rifle" when most gun violence is committed with a handgun?
@@@@@@

AR-15s are the best weapon for defense from marauding Black Lies Matter and ANTIFA bullies

You answered your own [rhetorical] question.

Forum List

Back