Why Do Atheists Misrepresent Biblical Law as Current Law?

The bible describes the law that existed 2000 years ago thousands of miles away from the Americas. Not even modern Israel follows biblical law.
Because one of the main premises of Christianity is that the Bible is the law. There was no provision made for anmmendments, like our constitution has. If it was law in Biblical times, presumably, it is law today. If I am wrong, please link to any ammendments to what the Bible requires.

Because one of the main premises of Christianity is that the Bible is the law. There was no provision made for anmmendments, like our constitution has. If it was law in Biblical times, presumably, it is law today. If I am wrong, please link to any ammendments to what the Bible requires.

Well, that's a fucking lie.

But that's what Nazi like you do - lie....

The bible describes the law that existed 2000 years ago thousands of miles away from the Americas. Not even modern Israel follows biblical law.

Dunno about the atheists, but I do know that there are a lot of Christians out there who say that this is a Christian country, and that we should follow Christian values and laws. (Guess they decided to ignore that freedom of religion thingie in the Constitution).

Remember a few years back when they decided to take the 10 Commandments off of federal property? Christians all over this country went nuts.

Well, that's a fucking lie.

But that's what Nazi like you do - lie....
I always welcome correction when I'm shown to be wrong. Please link to the Biblical ammendments that nullify the laws as they were origonally written in the Bible, and replaced them with new Christian rules and laws.
Dunno about the atheists, but I do know that there are a lot of Christians out there who say that this is a Christian country, and that we should follow Christian values and laws. (Guess they decided to ignore that freedom of religion thingie in the Constitution).

Remember a few years back when they decided to take the 10 Commandments off of federal property? Christians all over this country went nuts.
Lots of Muslims think we should follow Shria law. Being a Pastafarrian, I think the Macaroni Grill should be tax exempt, and all Pirate paraphinalia should be tax deductible.

What would have been funny is instead of removing the 10 Commandants instead put up signs next to them, with a message to the effect "The Constitution allows you to break some of these, and the government can't do a thing about it. So who's in charge now?"

Hey Viktor, here's a thread on USMB that is a Christian telling us why the Bible is so good, and that science now agrees with it. In other words, it's a Christian advocating for the Bible to atheists.

Is the Bible no longer a valid guide to Christianity? Is there another book or doccument that supersedes it?

So wrong I don't know where to begin. The Jews were in a constant state of forgiveness by their Father, God, then bragged at how they could obey anything God threw at them. So He threw over 600+ laws. That act changed Him from loving, forgiving Father to Judge. According to the Law. And He hated it. So He sent them a NEW covenant. A better covenant. Jesus.

Hebrews 9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant​

Luke 22:20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.​

Hebrews 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.​

Romans 7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.​

Here is Christ explaining the New Covenant:

Romans 13: 8-10 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

I always welcome correction when I'm shown to be wrong. Please link to the Biblical ammendments that nullify the laws as they were origonally written in the Bible, and replaced them with new Christian rules and laws.

Lots of Muslims think we should follow Shria law. Being a Pastafarrian, I think the Macaroni Grill should be tax exempt, and all Pirate paraphinalia should be tax deductible.
Neither a jot, nor tittle... Lol!!

So wrong I don't know where to begin. The Jews were in a constant state of forgiveness by their Father, God, then bragged at how they could obey anything God threw at them. So He threw over 600+ laws. That act changed Him from loving, forgiving Father to Judge. According to the Law. And He hated it. So He sent them a NEW covenant. A better covenant. Jesus.

Hebrews 9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant​

Luke 22:20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.​

Hebrews 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.​

Romans 7:6 But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.​

Here is Christ explaining the New Covenant:

Romans 13: 8-10 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Jesus needs to make up his mind
Matthew 5 18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Jesus needs to make up his mind
Matthew 5 18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Something as enormous as Heaven and Earth will pass away before the smallest mark (jot) of God's word passes away. He is comparing the importance of the two.
Nothing God said to the Jews, concerning the Law, will disappear until Jesus accomplishes every bit of it. And He is not done. He is their Kinsman Redeemer, but that don't know that yet. They will when the time comes. But until that time comes, the Jews are going to rebuild their Temple and resume animal sacrifices, prior to Christ's return, when according to Jewish Law, He redeems them.
That is not to imply that we are all under Jewish Law until Christ returns and completes the mission. We are not. He is our covenant/salvation, because we are not Jewish and subject to their laws, but He is not done with the Jews, their Law, or their redemption.

Ah, but your lie is that the United States is governed by Christian laws (there are none)

We are a secular nation.

Ah, but your lie is that the United States is governed by Christian laws (there are none)

We are a secular nation.
Well, no. Our laws are broadly based on universal truths that have been recognized by all religions throughout history. It is better for a society to condemn theft, and lying in court, and murder, and whole host of other behaviors that make things worse for general society. While Christianity might claim many of those same beliefs, they are not inherantly Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or any other specific religion's beliefs.

Well, no. Our laws are broadly based on universal truths that have been recognized by all religions throughout history. It is better for a society to condemn theft, and lying in court, and murder, and whole host of other behaviors that make things worse for general society. While Christianity might claim many of those same beliefs, they are not inherantly Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or any other specific religion's beliefs.

Then let's revisit your lie;

{ one of the main premises of Christianity is that the Bible is the law.}

• Romans 8:3-4
    For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
  • Romans 10:4
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
As is usually the case when you post, the truth is the opposite of what you claim. Christianity has as its central and binding tenet that Jesus was the perfect sacrifice and the fulfillment of law, hence the path to salvation.

The main premise of JUDIASM is the law, the main premise of Christianity is fulfillment and redemption.

As I said, you are a liar deliberately perverting the fact.

Is the Bible no longer a valid guide to Christianity? Is there another book or doccument that supersedes it?
Christians need to follow our laws just like Muslims do. But what are some Christian laws that aren't laws in America? Give some examples guys.

Of the 10 commandments, which are Jewish

1650985839363.png

The only one that bothers Republicans is stealing.

Then let's revisit your lie;

{ one of the main premises of Christianity is that the Bible is the law.}

• Romans 8:3-4
    For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
  • Romans 10:4
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
As is usually the case when you post, the truth is the opposite of what you claim. Christianity has as its central and binding tenet that Jesus was the perfect sacrifice and the fulfillment of law, hence the path to salvation.

The main premise of JUDIASM is the law, the main premise of Christianity is fulfillment and redemption.

As I said, you are a liar deliberately perverting the fact.

There are lots of tenets in Christianity. The law is only one of them. Jesus makes that clear in Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”
which brings us back to
Matthew 5:18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Unless you want to contend that heaven and earth have both passed, we have choices to make.
Seems we have come upon another of the many contradictions found in the Bible, as well as another choice commonly made by all Christians. Do we both go by what I found and pointed out in scripture, or do we both go by what you found in scripture? Or do we pick and chose the one we each like better? Both are there, but they both can't be true.

Forum List

Back