Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

Depend on your faith even when the going gets tough. Attempting to strike out at others who cause you discomfort is not what you've been taught.
I wasn't striking out at you. I was taught to be objective and that's my objective assessment.

Neither she nor I have any issues with the Adam and Eve story. What issue(s) do you think there are?
I think the CC has granted you permission to believe that A and E were created sometime over the millions of years it took for humans to evolve from the simplest of organisms.

In other words, believe whatever you like and feel no obligation to anybody to explain how it could be possible.

I can grant you two some latitude on your supernatural beliefs but there's going to be some limits.

I think the CC has granted you permission to believe that A and E were created sometime over the millions of years it took for humans to evolve from the simplest of organisms.

In other words, believe whatever you like and feel no obligation to anybody to explain how it could be possible.

I can grant you two some latitude on your supernatural beliefs but there's going to be some limits.
It has nothing to do with the Catholic Church "granting permission". It has to do with understanding Hebrew. A good start might be reading all the definitions the English has for the word 'day'.

No worries about latitude...it's what I am granting you, too. ;)

It has nothing to do with the Catholic Church "granting permission". It has to do with understanding Hebrew. A good start might be reading all the definitions the English has for the word 'day'.
I'm aware that you've thrown out the literal meaning of the word 'day'.
I'm also aware of using a translation from Hebrew to do it. But I don't think that's necessary. We've long passed the point about the bibles not being meant to have any literal meaning in large part. Now it seems that you're trying to rescue your bibles from being placed in the fiction section.

But Christians are reluctant to define the parts that aren't meant to be literally true. Encouraging them to have the courage to do that is my schtick.
No worries about latitude...it's what I am granting you, too. ;)

You told me it had already been decided and discussed dipshit. You didn't know what you were talking about then and you don't now stupid ass
how the fuck do you know?...i didnt see you in those conversations......like i told merri above....you people are the worst people to discuss religion with.....you make horrible teachers...you are just like the fucking priest were answering questions....

how the fuck do you know?...i didnt see you in those conversations......like i told merri above....you people are the worst people to discuss religion with.....you make horrible teachers...you are just like the fucking priest were answering questions....
You are a rude mother fucker. All I said was he was praying to the father. Fuck you

I'm aware that you've thrown out the literal meaning of the word 'day'.
I'm also aware of using a translation from Hebrew to do it. But I don't think that's necessary. We've long passed the point about the bibles not being meant to have any literal meaning in large part. Now it seems that you're trying to rescue your bibles from being placed in the fiction section.

But Christians are reluctant to define the parts that aren't meant to be literally true. Encouraging them to have the courage to do that is my schtick.
Bible Study was in my parochial school, and so was English literature where we learned to identify fables, folklore, legends, parables, allegories, history, biography, etc.--and also themes. We also learned there were no Encyclopedias or newspapers in that day, and that stories often used metaphors. The purpose: To teach and instruct and make events and lessons memorable.

It shouldn't shock you there are fictional stories (Job comes to mind, which was thought to be a play) in the Bible. As for me...we learned about all this in about fifth grade. When did you learn to identify fables, legends, folklore, etc.?

Forum List

Back