Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

I see! I think that you're not a fool who would put everything you are, up to nothing but faith. I think that you would like to do so, as most Catholics obviously do, but the CC's granting its permission to believe what you like, has thrown a monkey wrench into that!
I don't think you understand the role of religion or faith. We aren't unthinking drones, nor do they want us to be. So I don't think you should be making assumptions on what "most" Catholics think. Seems like an arrogant thing to do. This is you looking for your lost car keys again.

Not at all. She was taught about evolution in a Catholic nursing school. She lived in a very small town. She was a firm believer in God and who was to say he couldn't have created man via evolution. How God created us is a minuscule part of our faith/reliance on God in our life today.
It's actually the more powerful position if one takes the time to think about it.

This comment is proposing a new theory that I wasn't familiar with. The god created man via evolution!
I'll have to give the argument some thought to determine in my own mind at least, whether it could work for Christians.l

For those who embrace the theory, they will need to throw out volumes of stories that may not be compatible.

I don't think you understand the role of religion or faith. We aren't unthinking drones, nor do they want us to be. So I don't think you should be making assumptions on what "most" Catholics think. Seems like an arrogant thing to do. This is you looking for your lost car keys again.
It's a discussion board that has rules we must adhere to. Stop trying to disqualify my comments, beliefs, and ideas that you don't agree with.

And your 'arrogance' accusation just shows that you are incapable of even hearing assertions that don't match yours.

Do you want to have a discussion? If not then leave at any time.

I'll only continue to watch what you say and then add a contrary opinion when it's necessary.

What are we supposed to believe about the tactics of Archbishops and Popes. Many have been caught in the act of thinking that is contrary to that which is pushed on the flock. Gay behaviour of priests being hidden?

For those who embrace the theory, they will need to throw out volumes of stories that may not be compatible.
Nothing needs to be thrown out, for they are already compatible especially in Hebrew, the original language.

The problem Western culture has with the Bible is that they see it through the prism of the modern world, using a language that has always been somewhat incompatible with Hebrew.

This comment is proposing a new theory that I wasn't familiar with. The god created man via evolution.
God willed existence into being. God didn't need to design it. This is a life breeding intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind (God) made it so.

I'll have to give the argument some thought to determine in my own mind at least, whether it could work for Christians.l

That's not yours or mine to decide. What is it with your obsession to force everyone to be uniform?

Last edited:
It's a discussion board that has rules we must adhere to. Stop trying to disqualify my comments, beliefs, and ideas that you don't agree with.
I'm not. I'm shining a light on your faulty assumption that religion drives all aspects of people's lives. You act like they must follow everything their religion teaches. That's idiotic. You are making religion out to be something it isn't.

And your 'arrogance' accusation just shows that you are incapable of even hearing assertions that don't match yours.
But it is arrogant of you to think you know what most Catholics think. I'm Catholic and I don't know what most Catholics think. This is just another example of how much you have blown religion out of proportion. We're not drones. We don't all think the same. Maybe it's because you are a liberal and all liberals think the same that made you think Catholics were the same. See how arrogant that sounded?

What are we supposed to believe about the tactics of Archbishops and Popes. Many have been caught in the act of thinking that is contrary to that which is pushed on the flock. Gay behaviour of priests being hidden?
:link:

Nothing needs to be thrown out, for they are already compatible especially in Hebrew, the original language.

The problem Western culture has with the Bible is that they see it through the prism of the modern world, using a language that has always been somewhat incompatible with Hebrew.
If the god created man by evolutiion, as your granny supposedly believed, then she couldn't continue to believe in the Adam and Eve story.

Fine for her beliefs if Christians are now saying that A and E didn't exist literally as portrayed.

If the god created man by evolutiion, as your granny supposedly believed, then she couldn't continue to believe in the Adam and Eve story.

Fine for her beliefs if Christians are now saying that A and E didn't exist literally as portrayed.
Why not? It's an allegorical account that had to do with the nature of man. It's one of the more important accounts.

Neither she nor I have any issues with the Adam and Eve story. What issue(s) do you think there are?

God willed existence into being. God didn't need to design it. This is a life breeding intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind (God) made it so.
You're really starting to tear down the bible stories now and replace them with your imagined versions.

I really couldn't care less. You'll keep playing the same damn dishonest game. I don't believe you can help yourself.
Depend on your faith even when the going gets tough. Attempting to strike out at others who cause you discomfort is not what you've been taught.

Forum List

Back