Why Can't Christians Speak to Ghosts?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I decided to put this thread into paranormal instead of religion because people are a whole lot friendlier down here and other Christians scare me for the most part lol

Anyways, we have a family member that apparently is a ghost and I feel like I shouldn't want to be contacting him since I'm a Christian, but does the Bible mean that ALL spirits can't be contacted or is it just a warning saying that you should just be careful who or what you're letting in?

And yes the paranormal fascinates me. I know that it isn't biblical but if the Bible wrote everything in it about this life and the next, it would have a whole entire library for it. Besides that I've seen proof that the paranormal exists and I believe that's either because the spirit got lost from here to the hereafter or has unfinished business, but who really knows for sure.

I think as a Christian we need to be careful not to put powerful spirits ahead of The One True God ... you know, 1st Commandment stuff ... and I'm not sure we're not supposed to be communicating with ghosts, else how would Mary understand her pregnancy? ... this was a spirit or ghost from The Lord who spoke to her explaining ... ha ha ha ...

• Banned
I think as a Christian we need to be careful not to put powerful spirits ahead of The One True God ... you know, 1st Commandment stuff ... and I'm not sure we're not supposed to be communicating with ghosts, else how would Mary understand her pregnancy? ... this was a spirit or ghost from The Lord who spoke to her explaining ... ha ha ha ...

Gabriel was an angel though not a ghost.

Gabriel was an angel though not a ghost.

Is there a difference? ... [shrugs shoulders] ... maybe it was a ghost that done did knock up the poor girl ...

I see these all as spiritual beings, not of the flesh ... things we can resurrect in our own hearts ... much like "where two or more are gathered" ... I guess that's more normal than paranormal ...

Science doesn't explain everything ... nor should it ...

The problem is we can't discern a good one from a bad one. Just because they say they are so and so, doesn't mean they are. So conjuring up spirits or entertaining them could end up costing you your soul. Let one in and they bring their friends.
Ghosts should not be roaming around down here. It is not Biblical. Souls have 2 definite locations to reside in after death. But I believe people have seen them. There are so many questions to it.
God shortened mans life to 120 years. Could some spirits demand their full time? I don't think so. They'd be everywhere!
They may be in a different dimension and that dimension may bump into ours temporarily, so we get a glimpse. If you think of dimensions like bubbles in a bathtub, they will invade each others space momentarily if you turn on the water then settle back in to their space. Some will attach to other bubbles like a parallel universe might. I don't know...

• Banned
The problem is we can't discern a good one from a bad one. Just because they say they are so and so, doesn't mean they are. So conjuring up spirits or entertaining them could end up costing you your soul. Let one in and they bring their friends.
Ghosts should not be roaming around down here. It is not Biblical. Souls have 2 definite locations to reside in after death. But I believe people have seen them. There are so many questions to it.
God shortened mans life to 120 years. Could some spirits demand their full time? I don't think so. They'd be everywhere!
They may be in a different dimension and that dimension may bump into ours temporarily, so we get a glimpse. If you think of dimensions like bubbles in a bathtub, they will invade each others space momentarily if you turn on the water then settle back in to their space. Some will attach to other bubbles like a parallel universe might. I don't know...

Oh so in other words, just because somebody claims that they're your great grandfather doesn't mean that they actually are.

A ghost is technically the dead. Gabriel is not dead...he is a created being. God, in leviticus and deuteronomy expressly forbade contacting the 'dead'. It was considered evil probably because it is masquerading as someone they are not. Our loved ones who have passed on, do not concern themselves with what is happening here.

A ghost is technically the dead. Gabriel is not dead...he is a created being. God, in leviticus and deuteronomy expressly forbade contacting the 'dead'. It was considered evil probably because it is masquerading as someone they are not. Our loved ones who have passed on, do not concern themselves with what is happening here.

So you're basically saying that ghosts themselves do not exist according to the Bible? I guess it's possible, but don't forget, the Bible was written by man. As much as other Christians don't like to admit it it's true and since humans aren't sinless like Jesus was, you don't know how much God actually told them and how much they say He said because humans can lie,.. or misunderstand things and like I said I've had experiences in the paranormal. I've been touched before and heard voices in haunted places. What else would that be? They can't all be demons because I've mostly had experiences with good spirits.

i didn't say they didn't exist.. i'm saying God's word says it is forbidden to seek out the dead and the dead are not who you think they are. But you do whatevver you see fit.

i didn't say they didn't exist.. i'm saying God's word says it is forbidden to seek out the dead and the dead are not who you think they are. But you do whatevver you see fit.

That's what I mean, if they're not who they say they are then who are they? Btw, one thing that I don't do is mess with Ouija boards as that's just asking the devil to come into your house, but just a simple hello to Grandpa doesn't seem all that threatening to me. :dunno:

well what do you mean by ghost...is it spirit being? sure they exist. Angels and demons...or does ghost to you mean the spirit of the dead here on earth. God's word says no. Not me. God's word.

well what do you mean by ghost...is it spirit being? sure they exist. Angels and demons...or does ghost to you mean the spirit of the dead here on earth.

Ghost = spirit of the dead to me. Btw, I know God's word says no, but what is it actually saying no about is the question. The ghost of Grandma or Grandpa and the ghost of somebody who was a gangster/murder,... There seems to be a BIG difference there. So is it certain kinds of spirits that we're not supposed to talk to? Or not at all even friendly spirits like Casper.

None of those folk good or bad are spirits caught between planes. the spirit being is either demonic or angelic. i doubt that an angelic being would pretend to be your grandmother nor speak to humans to let them know what is going on with whatever....BUT a demonic being would..and that being would even be kind and sweet. and the purpose of that is to draw you away from God and his word on the matter.
Just what i read, i didn't make up the stuff, i am just suggesting this to you. I don't think it is a good idea to put your trust in a ghost/spirit being.

None of those folk good or bad are spirits caught between planes. the spirit being is either demonic or angelic. i doubt that an angelic being would pretend to be your grandmother nor speak to humans to let them know what is going on with whatever....BUT a demonic being would..and that being would even be kind and sweet. and the purpose of that is to draw you away from God and his word on the matter.
Just what i read, i didn't make up the stuff, i am just suggesting this to you. I don't think it is a good idea to put your trust in a ghost/spirit being.

/ thread.

Thank you, that's what I was trying to figure out. Oh yeah and I put my trust in God, not spirits. I just couldn't figure out why He wouldn't want you to speak with loved ones and what would be wrong with friendly spirits.

Did you happen to catch that thing with Sharon osborne doing her son's horror show or ghost hunting show, whatever it is. I just saw a little of that a week or so ago. She sat there speaking to a spirit and she went catatonic. Now it might be hollywood or it might be actual. I think someone would have to be naive and careless to go looking for spirits and then draw them out. Seems a little dangerous to me but to each his own...to whatever peril.

I decided to put this thread into paranormal instead of religion because people are a whole lot friendlier down here and other Christians scare me for the most part lol

Anyways, we have a family member that apparently is a ghost and I feel like I shouldn't want to be contacting him since I'm a Christian, but does the Bible mean that ALL spirits can't be contacted or is it just a warning saying that you should just be careful who or what you're letting in?

And yes the paranormal fascinates me. I know that it isn't biblical but if the Bible wrote everything in it about this life and the next, it would have a whole entire library for it. Besides that I've seen proof that the paranormal exists and I believe that's either because the spirit got lost from here to the hereafter or has unfinished business, but who really knows for sure.
Because there’s no such thing as the Hollywood ghosts you’re referring to.
We die we sleep until Jesus.
In the meantime it’s us, the Holy Spirit, angels and demons.
So any ghost is simply a demon.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back