Why Aren’t These Women Paid the Same As LeBron James?

Wow...frankly I am just shocked at how far down Tenn Women's basketball has fallen...they used to be the best of the best...
I keep hoping for the day this happens to BAMA football and Nick Sabin.
ME TOO! But, until Nick retires that isn't going to come close to happening. I long for the days of College football parity.

In our economy and society, NO ONE is paid on the intrinsic value of their work. So the fact that not a single female BB player in the U.S. could even get onto the roster of a Division I mens' basketball team is irrelevant.

The WNBA loses money. Period. It must be subsidized by the NBA to even exist. While it has some rabid fans, there simply are not enough of them to pay the overhead and payroll costs of a professional basketball team. Economically speaking, the WNBA has no right to exist.

The U.S. women's soccer team is successful for one reason only: the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about women's soccer. If they cared enough to nurture woman players they way they do male athletes, our soccer team would be as lame as our mens' team is internationally.

I wonder...do male swimsuit models make as much as female swimsuit models? I rather doubt it. See the connection?

Do they score as much as LeBron, do they play as well? When you buy a horse to run in the derby the more it wins the more it gets paid...See what I mean?

Honestly I would pay to watch women’s NCAA basketball befor I went to an NBA game for free. Women’s basketball is far closer to what the game was intended to be than anything the men’s game has to offer.

You morons don't recognize women's college basketball teams?
I didnt watch their tournament.

You couldn't read the jerseys in the video clip?
For that hair growing up your ass.

The OP should have gotten it right the first tie, you fucking ass wipe!

The OP made no claim, Mr Teacher of English.

You were comparing college athletes to a professional NBA player. College athletes are not paid. How is that not fucked up?

I agree the quality of play sucks, but you fucked it up like you always do!

You know what every NBA rookie was last year?
A college player.
Dufus.

Do they score as much as LeBron, do they play as well? When you buy a horse to run in the derby the more it wins the more it gets paid...See what I mean?

Honestly I would pay to watch women’s NCAA basketball befor I went to an NBA game for free. Women’s basketball is far closer to what the game was intended to be than anything the men’s game has to offer.
I watched a pro game in the mid 1970's with the harlem Globetrotters outside that I have never had any interest in the game.

I second this. When the extra mile is done, the extra money will then be right behind it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who intends to earn whatever it is that she scores)

It’s pure sexism is the reason you know.

Bullshit. How many women go to WNBA games? Not our fault women sports aren’t more popular with women.

If women watched women sports like we watch men sports, women would make more money.

The only argument you have is soccer. Women’s soccer is more popular than men’s soccer. So why are they paid less?

And women’s tennis maybe.

Why are women soccer players paid less then Men soccer players. I thought you knew the answer. A group of women sued the the league and lost.The men's league generates a whole lot more revenue than the women's league. also the women players contracts guaranties them a fixed amount for every game they play regardless of how much money the games generate.. The men's contracts pays them according to how well they play and how much revenue their games generate. that is why the women lost the suit.the judge told them you cannot sign a contract that guaranties you a fix amount then complain you are getting paid less then the men. you could have obted for a contract like the men have.

I agree that Rapinoe and LeBron should be making the same amount so cut LeBron's salary to what Rapinoe makes.

It’s pure sexism is the reason you know.

Bullshit. How many women go to WNBA games? Not our fault women sports aren’t more popular with women.

If women watched women sports like we watch men sports, women would make more money.

The only argument you have is soccer. Women’s soccer is more popular than men’s soccer. So why are they paid less?

The WNBA is supported by the NBA and Cable TV subscribers forced to pay for Basic Sports Channels. Women's soccer is overrated and in the world competition there are only four or five real competitive teams. And that is marking the grade on the curve. Competitive Male High School teams would beat both Women's Sports. Streetball in the inner cities would destroy WNBA players. Without massive inflows of money from cable, satellite subscribers, corporate spending and taxpayers, women's basketball and women's soccer would play in High School stadiums. Another example of equality that is really equity.

Nah, nobody watches women's soccer in the USA. Is it even televised? People watch the Men's EPL, MLS, and Liga MX (Mexico), and La Liga Spain.
Liberal soccer moms try to claim soccer is a real sport, but it ain't.

I think the real problem is that broads aren't as athletic as fellows, so people aren't willing to pay as much.

IMHO, these women's sports need to encourage men to start identifying as dames to stir up some interest in their events. Can you imagine how dominent "Michelle" Tyson would be against the girls, or "Floydette" Mayweather?
women are awesome at bedroom games

Forum List

Back