Why aren’t the politicians talking about one of the greatest issues facing America. The Obesity rate and our unhealthy population

The fact is though a good percentage of younger people are living life sedentary as compared to previous generations. Running around outside as a kid used up a lot of calories. There are people who believe that some ingredients in our food screws with the metabolism.
Proper mastication would relieve most digestive problems and others as well. Even Mr. Belvidere's advice was inadequate. Food needs to be chewed into a liquid, not swallowed whole.

Last edited:
Every doctor knows if they comment on a patient's weight, they will never see that patient again ...

Evolution selects for fat-bottoms girls ... big wide birth canal means lots and lots of healthy babies ... as long as they survive until their fifties or so ... who cares after that? ... Eskimos put their old bitties on ice floe and shove them out to sea ...

Phaw ... we've known since Catholic times that gluttony is a mortal sin ... and we still ... do ... not ... care ...

Every doctor knows if they comment on a patient's weight, they will never see that patient again ...

Evolution selects for fat-bottoms girls ... big wide birth canal means lots and lots of healthy babies ... as long as they survive until their fifties or so ... who cares after that? ... Eskimos put their old bitties on ice floe and shove them out to sea ...

Phaw ... we've known since Catholic times that gluttony is a mortal sin ... and we still ... do ... not ... care ...
Fat-bottomed women are notorious for rolling over and smothering their babies. :omg:

Fat bottoms is a poc thing. They and their men think it's sexy. White men think it's disgusting.

What happens though when the country continues to get more obese by the year as Forbes pointed out When you have people who don’t eat better. But actually forget about that from a moment. How about children.

What do you think about cigarettes being banned from advertising in many public spaces.? Why is that happening to cigarette companies but not candy companies manufacturing fatty foods that are a net negative to health.

A young kid who has a crackhead mom, or just an irresponsible parent who gives the money to buy candy. That’s a problem, and it is up to a higher authority to do something about it. So it Hass to be addressed as the years go on. Child obesity is a problem in America and you know the saying “a kid in a candy room.”

It’s the same reason why we have laws in this country. If we didn’t have law in order, you would have the worst criminal creatures in the world child predators doing whatever they want. That’s why we have laws and prison for those types of adults who exploit children.

I think it’s a fair thing to have a law that does not allow a 14-year-old kid to buy alcohol. We cannot have anarchy. A good society has a proper government.
Anarchy! Somalia!!!

Good Lord, if government doesn't instruct in all things, how can we be sure we're doing it right?

Take a look at this wonderful, delicious and healthy spread I got at a restaurant in Cambodia. Quail eggs in the second picture a very strong source of protein and other health benefits.

View attachment 915141

View attachment 915143

But go to the USA in every major city especially the inner cities… you got a Kentucky fried chicken and McDonald’s on every street corner

According to data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, more than 2 in 5 adults are obese, and nearly 1 in 5 children are obese. Furthermore, 19 states in America have obesity rates over 35 percent, increased from 16 states just last year. A decade ago, no states had obesity rates above 35 percent! Obesity is linked to a number of health ailments, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and a number of cancers such as breast and colorectal. If that wasn’t enough, the annual medical cost of obesity was nearly 173 billion dollars in 2019 alone.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

If Joe/Jill came out in support of healthy diets your buddies would lose their collective minds as they did when Michelle Obama pressed for better school foods.

Personally I'd like to see the government use it's purse to encourage healthier eating and thus reduce health care costs significantly but

If Joe were to hand one of you guys a $50 voucher for fresh fruit and veggies he'd be damned for trying to control your life.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

If Joe/Jill came out in support of healthy diets your buddies would lose their collective minds as they did when Michelle Obama pressed for better school foods.

Personally I'd like to see the government use it's purse to encourage healthier eating and thus reduce health care costs significantly
How about mandatory fitness classes?
If Joe were to hand one of you guys a $50 voucher for fresh fruit and veggies he'd be damned for trying to control your life.
Isn't that the point?

How about mandatory fitness classes?

Isn't that the point?
as you can see, in line quotes are impossible to respond to without making the person being quoted look like a fool because context is lost.

as you can see, in line quotes are impossible to respond to without making the person being quoted look like a fool because context is lost.
I see. Well, the post suggested that a program issuing vouchers for healthy food would meet with objection from some, who might claim it was an attempt to control our lives. As though that's preposterous. But that's exactly what is: an attempt to control what people eat. It's a valid objection.

Last edited:
I see. Well, the post suggested that a program issuing vouchers for healthy food would meet with objection from some, who would claim it was an attempt to control our lives. As though that's preposterous. But that's exactly what is: an attempt to control what people eat. It's a valid objection.
No one would force you to spend the voucher
but if you did it would be for fresh fruits and veggies.
Not sure how that's "controlling" someone

But you, of course, provided the predicted response.

No one would force you to spend the voucher
but if you did it would be for fresh fruits and veggies.
Not sure how that's "controlling" someone
Well, government takes the money from us, and then "offers" to give it back, but only if we buy food that you approve of. How is that not an attempt to control what they eat? If it's not, why bother doing it? The whole point is to change other people eating habits, right?
But you, of course, provided the predicted response.
It was a good prediction. People will, rightfully, see it as an attempt to control them. Because it is.

This is what the Italians do.

IMG_2529.jpeg

Well, government takes the money from us, and then "offers" to give it back, but only if we buy food that you approve of. How is that not an attempt to control what they eat? If it's not, why bother doing it? The whole point is to change other people eating habits, right?

It was a good prediction. People will, rightfully, see it as an attempt to control them. Because it is.
Who is forcing you to
take the voucher?
buy the fruit and vegs?
eat the stuff?

Got a frog in your pocket?

1710095020074.png

I speak as a person
You claim to speak for people.

Anarchy! Somalia!!!

Good Lord, if government doesn't instruct in all things, how can we be sure we're doing it right?
How does the United States confront the issue of child obesity in your view. Because in my opinion, that is a serious issue in our country and it is one that creates a very heavy burden for the healthcare system for years to come. It is not an issue I look at saying “let people do what they want”. Can’t be that way when it comes to kids.

I do agree with some of your other points. But what is your opinion on the oversight on cigarette companies? For example, cigarettes being banned from advertising in most public spaces.

I wonder if cigarettes are banned from advertising in public spaces and basically viewed as an evil thing to do or something that’s very unhealthy ….why is the same attitude not geared toward fatty foods or candy for example? At least cigarettes have some level of benefits like increasing a males testosterone.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Personally I'd like to see the government use it's purse to encourage healthier eating and thus reduce health care costs significantly but

I like to style myself as an old-school American. I appreciate American culture of the 1940s and 50s. I have no problem praising Michelle Obama for her attitude toward school lunches. At least the way I understand it to be. Now I understand her to want kids to eat healthy at school and for school to serve healthy food and to get rid of snack machines. That’s just common sense it’s a common sense thing to do because it’s going to save the country hundreds of billions of dollars in healthcare costs that we are currently spending on obese children and adults.

So I can agree with Michelle Obama on serving healthy food to kids…. can you agree with any Republican or anybody who rejects the racist divisive ideas of Black Lives Matter? Or are you just being a one track pony here? I mean if you are going to try and convince me that white poor people are privileged then you’ve lost it my friend. And that is one of the major planks of BLM and unfortunately many Democrat politicians today.

And this is not at all about lecturing people, or telling them what to do. Everyone’s doctor tells them to eat healthy. There’s tons of people, especially in the US government people like Ben Carson, praised by Trump supporters who are urging Americans to eat healthy and live a good productive lifestyle not only physically, but mentally.

Of course, there’s plenty of Republicans who would agree with Michelle Obama that kids should eat healthy and public schools should not serve junk food. That’s something a responsible adult would say.

An irresponsible adult would be one of those business owners who has no problem selling drugs or alcohol to 10–year-olds. And make no mistake about it. If we did not have lawn order, you would definitely see some of adults in the world take advantage of a system like that and they would exploit children for all sorts of nefarious purposes.

Who is forcing you to
take the voucher?
Lol... They're forcing you to pay for it. You can refrain from using it, sure, but you're still out the money. People can resist, and take a financial loss, but it's still an effort to push them into eating the way you think they should.

And lots of us won't appreciate it.

I have noticed that people started getting fatter after the invention of the internet and smart phones.
It started round 2000.
You don't need breakfast.
Two meals a day is enough.
Are you a Dietician? a Dr.? I eat 6 meals a day.
My eating habits are MY choice.

This is what the Italians do.

View attachment 915302
And you should see the garbage we served the kids in US public schools. What a wonderful job Italy is doing there.

Sometimes you can be proud to be an American. You can look at our country history. We can be proud of the steel workers of the great middle class we had in the 1950s. We can be proud of our grandparents.

But imo it is in a number of ways an embarrassment to be an American today with the left-wing cancel culture Things like the obesity rate. What an embarrassment the richest country in the world the USA has the most obese population in the world.

That is what you call misguided capitalism. Imo We had better business owners in the American 20th century. In the middle of the 20th century we had better business owners and a better wealthy class. Today the business owners in America are getting together in meetings and discussing how to make American kids fatter, and more addicted to cookies and candy. It must be something to be at one of those corporate meetings. How do those people get up every day.

Take a look at this wonderful, delicious and healthy spread I got at a restaurant in Cambodia. Quail eggs in the second picture a very strong source of protein and other health benefits.

View attachment 915141

View attachment 915143

But go to the USA in every major city especially the inner cities… you got a Kentucky fried chicken and McDonald’s on every street corner

According to data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, more than 2 in 5 adults are obese, and nearly 1 in 5 children are obese. Furthermore, 19 states in America have obesity rates over 35 percent, increased from 16 states just last year. A decade ago, no states had obesity rates above 35 percent! Obesity is linked to a number of health ailments, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and a number of cancers such as breast and colorectal. If that wasn’t enough, the annual medical cost of obesity was nearly 173 billion dollars in 2019 alone.

Never return to America.

Forum List

Back