Why aren’t the politicians talking about one of the greatest issues facing America. The Obesity rate and our unhealthy population

And you should see the garbage we served the kids in US public schools. What a wonderful job Italy is doing there.

Sometimes you can be proud to be an American. You can look at our country history. We can be proud of the steel workers of the great metal class we had in the 1950s. We can be proud of our grandparents. But it is in a number of ways in embarrassment to be an American today with the left-wing council culture Things like the obesity rate. What an embarrassment, the richest country in the world the USA has the most obese population in the world.

That is what you call misguided capitalism. We had better business owners in the American 20th century. In the middle of the 20th century we had better business owners and a better wealthy class. Today the business owners in America are getting together and meetings and discussing how to make American kids, fatter, and more addicted to cookies and candy.

I think the Americans put more additives in their food than the Europeans.

Manufactured food.

You're welcome. Your turn. Why should I provide a solution to childhood obesity?
We’re having a conversation here. So I’m wondering what you think about child obesity and what can be done to solve the issue. Because I believe that it is a serious concern for the American future. And I cite the statistics. The hundreds of billions of dollars That it costs our medical care system.

You're welcome. Your turn. Why should I provide a solution to childhood obesity?
Add to furthermore add we live in a world where a productive healthy society educates its children.

For example we have public schools. Kids go to school to learn how to read, learn math science etc and to learn about American history. And although the fanatical left-wing wants to instill the false ideals that “American history is evil”, the schools still serve a critical purpose in our country.

So why not also have a system that urges children to eat healthy. That’s what responsible Adulting is about. And it is actually the duty of responsible adults to look after children. Because a child cannot protect himself or herself. It is therefore the duty of a moral and Christian government to do something about the child obesity rate. It is all of our concerns. It’s your concern it’s my concern and the concern of every American citizen.

John F Kennedy, who was praised by Americans of all backgrounds, and is still beloved by older Americans today, believed in the physical education of young people. He believes in physical fitness programs for the youth. This should absolutely 100% be funded by American taxpayers.

I would sleep very well at night knowing that my taxpayer dollars are going toward funding schools to teach American kids about the beauty of American history, physical fitness programs for kids, healthy eating programs for kids. That’s what a proper government does. That’s what a proper society does. we don’t really have that today in America. Hence the left-wing fanaticism the neo conservatives giving our money away to foreign countries for their wars. What about helping American society? This is called common sense. All of it is my opinion brother and I said before I agree with some of your points.

I like to style myself as an old-school American. I appreciate American culture of the 1940s and 50s. I have no problem praising Michelle Obama for her attitude toward school lunches. At least the way I understand it to be. Now I understand her to want kids to eat healthy at school and for school to serve healthy food and to get rid of snack machines. That’s just common sense it’s a common sense thing to do because it’s going to save the country hundreds of billions of dollars in healthcare costs that we are currently spending on obese children and adults.

So I can agree with Michelle Obama on serving healthy food to kids…. can you agree with any Republican or anybody who rejects the racist divisive ideas of Black Lives Matter? Or are you just being a one track pony here? I mean if you are going to try and convince me that white poor people are privileged then you’ve lost it my friend. And that is one of the major planks of BLM and unfortunately many Democrat politicians today.

And this is not at all about lecturing people, or telling them what to do. Everyone’s doctor tells them to eat healthy. There’s tons of people, especially in the US government people like Ben Carson, praised by Trump supporters who are urging Americans to eat healthy and live a good productive lifestyle not only physically, but mentally.

Of course, there’s plenty of Republicans who would agree with Michelle Obama that kids should eat healthy and public schools should not serve junk food. That’s something a responsible adult would say.

An irresponsible adult would be one of those business owners who has no problem selling drugs or alcohol to 10–year-olds. And make no mistake about it. If we did not have lawn order, you would definitely see some of adults in the world take advantage of a system like that and they would exploit children for all sorts of nefarious purposes.
Off topic on your own thread. Sad.

We’re having a conversation here. So I’m wondering what you think about child obesity and what can be done to solve the issue. Because I believe that it is a serious concern for the American future. And I cite the statistics. The hundreds of billions of dollars That it costs our medical care system.
Those hundreds of billions don't 'cost' our medical system, it enriches it.

Add to furthermore add we live in a world where a productive healthy society educates its children.

For example we have public schools. Kids go to school to learn how to read, learn math science etc and to learn about American history. And although the fanatical left-wing wants to instill the false ideals that “American history is evil”, the schools still serve a critical purpose in our country.

So why not also have a system that urges children to eat healthy. That’s what responsible Adulting is about. And it is actually the duty of responsible adults to look after children. Because a child cannot protect himself or herself. It is therefore the duty of a moral and Christian government to do something about the child obesity rate. It is all of our concerns. It’s your concern it’s my concern and the concern of every American citizen.

John F Kennedy, who was praised by Americans of all backgrounds, and is still beloved by older Americans today, believed in the physical education of young people. He believes in physical fitness programs for the youth. This should absolutely 100% be funded by American taxpayers.
Not only has that ship sailed, it sank long ago. :(

Lol... They're forcing you to pay for it. You can refrain from using it, sure, but you're still out the money. People can resist, and take a financial loss, but it's still an effort to push them into eating the way you think they should.

And lots of us won't appreciate it.
I pay my taxes.
I elect people to say how it is spent.

Maybe you're voting for the wrong people.

So? Don't take the voucher. Give it to a neighbor. Use it for TP.
Die early. teach your kids bad eating habits so they die early too
This is 'murica. you can be just as stupid as you like.

Italy has a huge trade surplus, so they can afford such meals.

It’s more a cultural and traditional thing.

Real food is not that expensive. Take the array of fresh produce in American Asian supermarkets. It’s like Aladdin’s Cave.

We’re having a conversation here. So I’m wondering what you think about child obesity and what can be done to solve the issue.
I suppose teaching your kids better eating habits would help.
Because I believe that it is a serious concern for the American future. And I cite the statistics. The hundreds of billions of dollars That it costs our medical care system.
Yeah. Socialized medicine leads to this kind hand wringing. That's why I oppose it. It'll be used to justify all kinds of similar meddling.

Off topic on your own thread. Sad.
That’s why we have problems in this country. You’re not willing to have a peaceful conversation.

The conversation was going well and you ended it. For no good reason man. I addressed your concerns about Republicans and you don’t trust my concerns about Democrats that’s weak on your part.

We’re talking about the child obesity rate. And there are a number of reasons why we have the most unhealthy population in the world. Part of it is because of left-wing fanaticism You can understand this includes left wingers who believe in the legalization of drugs, but don’t realize the recklessness or care about the negative effect it has on families.

Of course, there was an element of the last that is against traditional masculinity. They don’t like men who work, and the wife stays at home. They are offended by men who exercise a bunch, eat healthy and have a wife who stays at home and doesn’t work. But that type of lifestyle is very good.

Anyway, in my last post to you, there was a number of critical points related to the topic that you simply dismissed. That’s unfortunate.

I suppose teaching your kids better eating habits would help.

Yeah. Socialized medicine leads to this kind hand wringing. That's why I oppose it. It'll be used to justify all kinds of similar meddling.
The issue at hand is there are many kids in America, who don’t have parents. Their parents are in jail or are crackheads.

So when we talk about children who have drug addicted parents or who grow up an extreme poverty, it is 100% the responsibility of the American taxpayer to fund their eating at public school. I would sleep well at night, knowing my tax dollars went to these types of situations.

its the duty of responsible adults to look after those kids via taxpayer dollars for government funded programs. Or just forget about the word government. It is really the duty of responsible society to look after children who are citizens of their country And whose parents are drug addicts.

That’s why we have problems in this country. You’re not willing to have a peaceful conversation.

The conversation was going well and you ended it. For no good reason man. I addressed your concerns about Republicans and you don’t trust my concerns about Democrats that’s weak on your part.

We’re talking about the child obesity rate. And there are a number of reasons why we have the most unhealthy population in the world. Part of it is because of left-wing fanaticism You can understand this includes left wingers who believe in the legalization of drugs, but don’t realize the recklessness or care about the negative effect it has on families.

Of course, there was an element of the last that is against traditional masculinity. They don’t like men who work, and the wife stays at home. They are offended by men who exercise a bunch, eat healthy and have a wife who stays at home and doesn’t work. But that type of lifestyle is very good.

Anyway, in my last post to you, there was a number of critical points related to the topic that you simply dismissed. That’s unfortunate.
You started a thread about improving diets.
A topic most reasoned people should find room for agreement.

Then you want after BLM.

Now if you didn't want to discuss healthy diets, you shouldn't have started a thread.
AND
If you want to discuss that other stuff you should start a thread.

BUT

If you're unwilling to stay on topic on your own thread that is not a DADO issue.

You started a thread about improving diets.
A topic most reasoned people should find room for agreement.

Then you want after BLM.

Now if you didn't want to discuss healthy diets, you shouldn't have started a thread.
AND
If you want to discuss that other stuff you should start a thread.

BUT

If you're unwilling to stay on topic on your own thread that is not a DADO issue.
You’re taking things out of context and not responding to points related to the topic.

It’s more a cultural and traditional thing.

Real food is not that expensive. Take the array of fresh produce in American Asian supermarkets. It’s like Aladdin’s Cave.
True, and there's more to nutrition and health than specific food choices. Native peoples around the world thrive on foods that our experts would shun.

Forum List

Back