Male “EX Gay” Therapist busted for sexual assault......of men

These so called “Conversion” therapists , sometimes called “Reparative “therapists are a sleazy and dangerous bunch. The whole industry is built on the lie that homosexuality is a choice and that those living a “homosexual lifestyle” can change.

Here is but one example of the extreme dishonesty and hypocrisy that pervades this perverse practice . I will say again, those who rail the loudest against homosexuality are often closet queers harboring a deep self loathing. And they really have no interest in helping gay people. This guy could not even help himself. Their goal is only to marginalized, dehumanize and sometimes exploit gays

Sexual misconduct allegations lead Arizona ex-gay therapist to surrender his license - LGBTQ Nation

An exclusive report by Truth Wins Out revealed today that in May 2023, Floyd Godfrey, an infamous conversion therapist, who once compared homosexuality to cannibalism, was forced to surrender his license to practice therapy in Arizona.

“Godfrey is a fraud who secured his income by claiming to cure LGBTQ people, but never changed his own sexual orientation,” said Truth Wins Out Executive Director Wayne Besen. “This latest scandal proves conversion therapy is a dangerous front for con artists who use the practice to conceal their moral depravity and disturbing penchant to engage in sexual impropriety.”
his scandal is a severe blow to the “ex-gay” industry. Godfrey, an LDS counselor, is tied to the notorious Brother’s Road organization. He is also an author and a popular speaker on the conversion therapy circuit. Godfrey was on the board of People Can Change, spoke at the now disbanded LDS Evergreen International and the Alliance for Therapeutic Choice and Scientific Integrity (formerly NARTH).

These so called “Conversion” therapists , sometimes called “Reparative “therapists are a sleazy and dangerous bunch. The whole industry is built on the lie that homosexuality is a choice and that those living a “homosexual lifestyle” can change.

Here is but one example of the extreme dishonesty and hypocrisy that pervades this perverse practice . I will say again, those who rail the loudest against homosexuality are often closet queers harboring a deep self loathing. And they really have no interest in helping gay people. This guy could not even help himself. Their goal is only to marginalized, dehumanize and sometimes exploit gays

Sexual misconduct allegations lead Arizona ex-gay therapist to surrender his license - LGBTQ Nation
Michele Bachman's husband is a conversion therapist.

So if a person questions their sexuality the only position a therapist can take is "you're gay"?
I a'm always amazed at how much I have to explain to you people. Very sad. Especially since I have written about this numerous times before and probably in reply to your inane blathering

First of all, it is not a question of whether or not someone is gay. Sexual orientation exists on a continuum and many people are somewhere inbetween. Sexuality is a complex psycho social and sometimes biological matter with many factors playing into it. Biology is only an indicator of a predisposition, if anything is even known about the individual's biology- usually it is not known

As former social worker, I can tell you that a legitimate therapist starts “where the client is at” What does that mean? It means that when a person goes into therapy they are given an opportunity to express what is bothering them that brought them there. It may be that they are having feelings and thoughts that they do not understand. They may be confused. They may or may not know where on that continuum of sexuality they fall. If they do know , they may be uncomfortable with it-often because of societal condemnation

The legitimate therapists job is to listen , understand where the client is at and help them to set their own goal. That may be an acceptance of their sexuality . They may realize that they are bi sexual and decide on that lifestyle. Be openly and exclusively gay, or live as straight. They may chose to be asexual

The point is, that the therapist DOES NOT control the agenda or the outcome. Rather they provide guidance and support in an environment where the client finds their own answers. Contrast that with the conversion therapist who starts with their agenda and sets the goal of “curing the person” often using shame and humiliation and even physical pain.
I hope that this has helped, but I doubt that it will

I a'm always amazed at how much I have to explain to you people. Very sad. Especially since I have written about this numerous times before and probably in reply to your inane blathering

First of all, it is not a question of whether or not someone is gay. Sexual orientation exists on a continuum and many people are somewhere inbetween. Sexuality is a complex psycho social and sometimes biological matter with many factors playing into it. Biology is only an indicator of a predisposition, if anything is even known about the individual's biology- usually it is not known

As former social worker, I can tell you that a legitimate therapist starts “where the client is at” What does that mean? It means that when a person goes into therapy they are given an opportunity to express what is bothering them that brought them there. It may be that they are having feelings and thoughts that they do not understand. They may be confused. They may or may not know where on that continuum of sexuality they fall. If they do know , they may be uncomfortable with it-often because of societal condemnation

The legitimate therapists job is to listen , understand where the client is at and help them to set their own goal. That may be an acceptance of their sexuality . They may realize that they are bi sexual and decide on that lifestyle. Be openly and exclusively gay, or live as straight. They may chose to be asexual

The point is, that the therapist DOES NOT control the agenda or the outcome. Rather they provide guidance and support in an environment where the client finds their own answers. Contrast that with the conversion therapist who starts with their agenda and sets the goal of “curing the person” often using shame and humiliation and even physical pain.
I hope that this has helped, but I doubt that it will

Lot of text for no real answer.

If you can't respond to a simple statement with a simple response, you are trying to hide something.

ask a lesbian who despises dick, or someone like myself who's only a fan of their own penis if sexuality is a spectrum or not.
And there in lies your problem. If it is not simple you can't deal with it. You just dumb it down. That makes you a simpleton.

And there in lies your problem. If it is not simple you can't deal with it. You just dumb it down. That makes you a simpleton.

It's pretty simple to the Lesbians being shamed for not dating "women" who are actually men, or the women and girls not wanting guys in their bathrooms or locker rooms with them.

It's pretty simple to the Lesbians being shamed for not dating "women" who are actually men, or the women and girls not wanting guys in their bathrooms or locker rooms with them.
Strawman and red herring logical fallacy You're just trolling

.Let me know when your ready to have an adult conversation on the actual thread topic. I am sure that will be never.

Last edited:
Strawman and red herring logical fallacy You're just trolling

.Let me know when your ready to have an adult conversation on the actual thread topic. I am sure that will be never.

This is what's happening to people, it's not a fallacy, it's just something you don't want to actually discuss because it shows the consequences of your macro level beliefs.

Forum List

Back