Why aren't environmentalists upset that 1 million barrels will be traveling every day from Vancouver to Asia on the open ocean?

It would add 590,000 barrels per day to its existing capacity of 300,000 barrels per day.
From Vancouver, the oil could be shipped on tankers to Asia or elsewhere.
Keystone was to carry 700 barrels over 1 mile on dry land with 16 monitors detecting links.
But now to move the oil from Canada to Asia means 1 million barrels traveling one mil on the open ocean 24 hours a day.
1 million barrels per day on the open ocean.
Remember Exxon Valdez 1989 and this was just 200,000 barrels.
So where are the environmentalists?
View attachment 473213
View attachment 473212
View attachment 473211
/----/ Because liberalism is a mental disorder.
//----//Conservativism is a moral hypocrisy disorder.
What ever you say but it doesn't alter reality...i.e. 1 million barrels of oil in an oil tanker on the open ocean
can do more damage than 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land.
NO way you can alter that reality.
Safety protocols should be re-examined more often?

healthmyths is fine with shipping oil overseas.

He is yelling because, apparently, he likes to.
I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of environmentalists and Biden shutting down an environmentally SAFER form of
oil transportation. Again 185,000 miles of oil pipelines spill 5 gallons of oil per mile per year...versus an oil tanker
carrying 1 million barrels traveling every day spilling as Exxon Valdez did 200,000 barrels destroying 1,000 miles of coastland which was much harder to clean up than 700 barrels spilling in one mile of pipeline on dry land.
Why is that concept so environmentally difficult to understand? I truly don't understand your logic.

Nah. I keep it under my pillow. So, do you put ANY value in reducing carbon and/or toxins from the millions of gallons of fuel being burned daily to enable our trips to the grocery store? Any?
FACTS...
  • Cars and light trucks emitted 1.1 billion metric tons CO2e or 17% of the total U.S. GHG emissions in 2018.
  • Gasoline releases 19.6 pounds of CO2 per gallon when burned, compared to 22.4 pounds per gallon for diesel. However, diesel has 11% more BTU per gallon, which improves its fuel economy.
  • The average passenger car emits 0.78 pounds of CO2 per mile driven.
So how many miles does the average passenger car travel per year?
Drivers in cars, trucks, minivans and SUVs put a record 3.22 trillion miles on the nation's roads last year, up 2.8 percent from 3.1 trillion miles in 2015.
So how much CO2 emitted by our trips to whatever?
0.78 pounds times 3.22 trillion miles equals 1,255,800,000 tons.
FACTS.... so what does that prove?

Nah. I keep it under my pillow. So, do you put ANY value in reducing carbon and/or toxins from the millions of gallons of fuel being burned daily to enable our trips to the grocery store? Any?
Nope. I think increased CO2 will help prevent the next glacial cycle. C'mon 580!

FACTS...
  • Cars and light trucks emitted 1.1 billion metric tons CO2e or 17% of the total U.S. GHG emissions in 2018.
  • Gasoline releases 19.6 pounds of CO2 per gallon when burned, compared to 22.4 pounds per gallon for diesel. However, diesel has 11% more BTU per gallon, which improves its fuel economy.
Drivers in cars, trucks, minivans and SUVs put a record 3.22 trillion miles on the nation's roads last year, up 2.8 percent from 3.1 trillion miles in 2015.
It shows that human activity is adding significant amounts of CO2 to the atmosphere.

FACTS...
It shows that human activity is adding significant amounts of CO2 to the atmosphere.

Yeah, cheap reliable energy makes our high tech civilization possible.

You should dig up some borax with a hand shovel for your civilization.

I have a question. Why when considering the value of EVs do you make such a point about the dubious merits of borax as a hydrogen source? You've been at it for pages. It makes me think you lack an substantive arguments for your position.

I've brought up lots of things.

So, Todd, are you retired? I retired back in the middle of '18.

Forum List

Back